HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXIII: Getcha' pitchforks ready.

View Poll Results: if Hemsky came with a cheap price tag, would you want to see Hensky in blue?
Yes 13 20.00%
No 52 80.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Balej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP4121 View Post
From SNY blog

11:08AM: “I think he would like to get traded and…I’m not sure this came out of the blue that as soon as he didn’t make the team right away….I think this has always been in his mind. I haven’t spoken to Marty a ton the past few years but I used to know him well before and his wife is from the Connecticut area and he always talked about wanting to get back East, somewhere like the Rangers to play. I was kind of surprised when he signed his last deal with Tampa Bay because of that, maybe Stamkos was a major factor in that. I always thought he wanted to end his career up this way somehow and so, I would just be guessing but I have a feeling that it was already in his mind that he was working towards that and then when this happened it may have pushed him over the edge. The question is going to be with Yzerman and if he doesn’t get some fair value, this is a predicament because you are a team that is suddenly and somewhat surprisingly a legitimate contender in the East. I think that if he doesn’t get traded then he will be fine because we showed the way that he played after the snub that he will be just fine but I kind of think that he would like to go and I don’t think it’s changed that he was on the team.” (James Duthie on TSN 1050′s Macko and Cauz)

He added, “if it is just because of the snubbing then I don’t think it’s right. To be asked to be traded out of a team, I think that is….I hope he has other reasons he wants out if that is the case because I think you would regret a decision like that, that your GM left you off a team that is incredibly hard to make. To me that is a little much.”(James Duthie on TSN 1050′s Macko and Cauz)
Reading that made my head hurt.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:01 AM
LORENZO

Id rather pay Callahan what he wants then have Stewart.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:02 AM
NernieBichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conine View Post
Reading that made my head hurt.
I know exactly what you mean. thats funny you said that

Old
02-25-2014, 11:02 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
No I made a mistake.

He's a marginal NHLer and that isn't hard to understand. A solid NHLer wouldn't go stretches of 20+ games only scoring 4 goals. I was never reaching for the stars, that is another assumption you made. You're not doing anything but making yourself look even worse by doing that.
Giroux: 2 goals in his first 21 games this year.
Callahan: 4 goals in 23 games between Nov 4th and Jan 8th.
Mike Richards: 1 goal in his last 34 games.
Jamie Benn: 4 goals in 21 games between Oct 26th and Dec 12th.

I didn't have to look very hard to find those. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Probably best to just quit while you're behind.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Ail
Now we wait.

Quote:
From SNY blog

11:08AM: “I think he would like to get traded and…I’m not sure this came out of the blue that as soon as he didn’t make the team right away….I think this has always been in his mind. I haven’t spoken to Marty a ton the past few years but I used to know him well before and his wife is from the Connecticut area and he always talked about wanting to get back East, somewhere like the Rangers to play. I was kind of surprised when he signed his last deal with Tampa Bay because of that, maybe Stamkos was a major factor in that. I always thought he wanted to end his career up this way somehow and so, I would just be guessing but I have a feeling that it was already in his mind that he was working towards that and then when this happened it may have pushed him over the edge. The question is going to be with Yzerman and if he doesn’t get some fair value, this is a predicament because you are a team that is suddenly and somewhat surprisingly a legitimate contender in the East. I think that if he doesn’t get traded then he will be fine because we showed the way that he played after the snub that he will be just fine but I kind of think that he would like to go and I don’t think it’s changed that he was on the team.” (James Duthie on TSN 1050′s Macko and Cauz)

He added, “if it is just because of the snubbing then I don’t think it’s right. To be asked to be traded out of a team, I think that is….I hope he has other reasons he wants out if that is the case because I think you would regret a decision like that, that your GM left you off a team that is incredibly hard to make. To me that is a little much.”(James Duthie on TSN 1050′s Macko and Cauz)
This was today?

Please post links when you source something.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Raspewtin
Xanny family

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZO View Post
Id rather pay Callahan what he wants then have Stewart.
Yeah, can't get behind this comment.

It'd be a massive mistake to give Callahan the stupid contract he wants.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Old
02-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Giroux: 2 goals in his first 21 games this year.
Callahan: 4 goals in 23 games between Nov 4th and Jan 8th.
Mike Richards: 1 goal in his last 34 games.
Jamie Benn: 4 goals in 21 games between Oct 26th and Dec 12th.

I didn't have to look very hard to find those. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Probably best to just quit while you're behind.
Did they follow up a previous stint of almost the exact same thing to end last season? The point was he had multiple long stretches of almost no goals. Which again I'm sorry if it was hard to understand. How many players score 6 goals in 45 games that are considered anything more than a bottom six player?

Anyone who will honestly sit and try compare Chris Stewart to Mike Richards, Jamie Benn, and Claude Giroux should probably just not start at all.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:06 AM
NernieBichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
This was today?

Please post links when you source something.
I just prefer not to send him hits personally. I did say it was from the SNY rangers blog

http://snyrangersblog.com/znhl-playe...ce=twitterfeed

Old
02-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
A solid NHLer wouldn't go stretches of 20+ games only scoring 4 goals.
Wat.

For a slump, 4 goals in 20+ is very mild. 4 goals in 20 games is a 16 goal pace.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Ail
Now we wait.

Quote:
I just prefer not to send him hits personally. I did say it was from the SNY rangers blog

Thanks man.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Wat.

For a slump, 4 goals in 20+ is very mild. 4 goals in 20 games is a 16 goal pace.
Which isn't exactly fantastic for someone being touted for his ability to "score without question"

Last edited by Killem Dafoe: 02-25-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old
02-25-2014, 11:13 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Did they follow up a previous stint of almost the exact same thing to end last season? The point was he had multiple long stretches of almost no goals. Which again I'm sorry if it was hard to understand. How many players score 6 goals in 45 games that are considered anything more than a bottom six player?

Anyone who will honestly sit and try compare Chris Stewart to Mike Richards, Jamie Benn, and Claude Giroux should probably just not start at all.
The point is, you keep using stats to back up your argument and your stats do anything but. You said 4 goals in 20 games. I showed you 4 quality players who did the same thing this year and now you change your argument to 6 goals in 45 games.

If you don't like the player, fine, but stop trying to use stats to make your point. You aren't good at it. Callahan has 11 goals in 42 games this year. Stewart has 15 goals in 57 games this year. Their goals per game is almost exactly the same. Stewart doesn't bring the rest of the stuff that Cally brings on a consistent basis, but offensively, he's very comparable.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:15 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Which isn't exactly fantastic for someone being touted for his ability to "score without question"
I really don't like Stewart as a player. I agree with you. But 4 goals in 20 games or whatever is not that bad of a slump, if it is coupled with streaky scoring.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
The Lundqvist bashers of this year should not be taken seriously under any circumstances. Perron looks re-invigorated with a new team. Good for him. I'm not sure Stewart will do the same.
Yeah, and most people said the same thing about Perron when I was advocating a trade for him last year. Even if Stewart stays the exact same player he is now, he's still a 20 goal scorer.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

I think people are placing way too much of a premium on what St. Louis wants.

Yzerman isn't going to take a **** package just to accommodate him. A couple of months of Callahan who wants close to $50M is a **** package.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
The point is, you keep using stats to back up your argument and your stats do anything but. You said 4 goals in 20 games. I showed you 4 quality players who did the same thing this year and now you change your argument to 6 goals in 45 games.

If you don't like the player, fine, but stop trying to use stats to make your point. You aren't good at it. Callahan has 11 goals in 42 games this year. Stewart has 15 goals in 57 games this year. Their goals per game is almost exactly the same. Stewart doesn't bring the rest of the stuff that Cally brings on a consistent basis, but offensively, he's very comparable.
Callahan > Stewart all around and it's not close. You're criticizing someone who thinks Stewart isn't a good fit for their use of stats and your way of debunking their opinion is by comparing Stewart to Jamie Benn, Mike Richards, and Claude Giroux. I understand you were hitting one specific point but c'mon - a bit of exaggeration here. Stewart is streaky and he can score goals. Being comparable to Callahan offensively does not exactly make him an offensive stud.

Offensively, Callahan and Stewart are comparable, but overall, we are talking about a player in a different stratosphere.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Todd Harvey

There ya go. Someone with ties to MSL laying out his rationale.
Predictable. Who's next? Cally? Stevie Y?

On Stewart, I wasnt adverse. Reasonable return if something else decent came with him. Think the NYR obviously were looking for the Stewart earlier in his career, which was a 55-60pt guy and quite promising.

I dont get to see the Blues (not to be confused with St Louis LOL) every day so it's hard to comment.
But Ken Hitchcock is just the kind of coach that can nullify a guy's strengths.
Just look at Zuccarello and Kreider under Torts vs. now.
Whole different ballgame.

Still, I think it's MSL. Soon.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah, and most people said the same thing about Perron when I was advocating a trade for him last year. Even if Stewart stays the exact same player he is now, he's still a 20 goal scorer.
You need to get with the program. Realism needs to be abandoned.

We are either getting the the reigning Art Ross winner, players with super high ceilings, or a Callahan clone.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
For a valley, that's pretty solid. Stamkos scored 4 goals in 14 games last season (23 goal pace).

Stewart also scored 8 goals in 6 games (109 goal pace).

Old
02-25-2014, 11:22 AM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Rangers have a team practice today?

Old
02-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:

That isn't the point. You showed four quality players who that has happened with, but did it happen twice in their last 50 games? I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
For a valley, that's pretty solid. Stamkos scored 4 goals in 14 games last season (23 goal pace).

Stewart also scored 8 goals in 6 games (109 goal pace).
If it was 4 in 20 once that's one thing, 2 in 22 and 4 in 23 or whatever it was over the last 45 games is another thing.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
The gross inability from this board to move off from Chris Stewart as a return makes me wonder if the people advocating for him actually want the Rangers to get "fair value" in their eyes, or they've enchanted themselves with the player and keep bringing him up because of personal desire now, more so than actual relevance.
In my mind, doesnt have to be Chris Stewart, but I think the realistic return will feature a centerpiece NHL player like him.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:25 AM
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
A 20 goal scorer who will cause you to pull your hair out in the process.

Closed Thread