HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs Trying to Bring Back Radulov

Old
02-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan

vCash: 500
Radulov is a cancer.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
team is on such a good way, great two way players with heart, effort and lots of talent...why ruin it with such a player?! yes he's good but he won't win you anything.
and even if it would work out on the ice I can't see a scenario where Roy and Radulov would get along off it.
I know, the two of them hated each others guts back when Radulov was playing for Roy with the Remparts.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Oh I don't believe him one bit. But you do have to give him credit for making these things up though.

Plus he is bound to get one right at some point.
Or he just reads the Avs board(it's been mentioned he reads HFboards) where Radulov is sometimes discussed.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 02:53 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

"47 in white"

Please, please, please Avs, add this guy.

Last edited by SoupNazi: 02-25-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: QDP
PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 02:56 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

...remember a couple years ago when Radulov, out of the blue, hit his coach in the face with his stick for no reason??...wanna see what Patrick does??...

BigDaddyLurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
deckercky

I imagine a line of O'Reilly - Duchene - Radulov would be truly elite. Duchene and O'Reilly both are solid (Duchene) or elite (O'Reilly) defensively, which should be enough to cover for any issues Radulov may have.

I don't imagine Radulov would get a long-term contract, so the risk is minimal, and the payoff is huge.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:03 PM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
After Radulov's Olympic coach suggested he deserved to be "scratched among other things", I didn't think there would be many NHL coaches still willing to take a chance on him.
Patrick Roy is an NHL coach and was quoted saying Radulov was Russia's best player in the olympics.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
I imagine a line of O'Reilly - Duchene - Radulov would be truly elite. Duchene and O'Reilly both are solid (Duchene) or elite (O'Reilly) defensively, which should be enough to cover for any issues Radulov may have.

I don't imagine Radulov would get a long-term contract, so the risk is minimal, and the payoff is huge.
The thought of the pure skill level of Radulov with Duchene or MacKinnon is drool worthy. It's not terribly likely until his KHL contract runs out, but it's fun to think about.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

He'd be a good on ice fit. If the Avs move Pap, they'd have a top 9 full of two way guys. Squeezing him in wouldn't be that big of a deal if he provides the offense.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:08 PM
firstemperor

Very skilled player that is flashy as hell offensively but his one dimensional and selfish play on/off the ice indicate he is a team cancer. If winning is the ultimate goal, it may be best to avoid a player like him.

I suppose if he comes cheap but he makes over 9 mil, tax free in Russia. Keep that in mind.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan

And the last thing the Avs need is him partying before a playoff game or bringing some of the younger guys with him. Let him make his 9 mil in the KHL and do whatever he wants.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

I doubt he comes over but it would be nice to see what he could do for a season or two on the wing with Duchene or MacKinnon. Roy seems to get the best plus some out of everyone so who knows.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Ceremony
There is Only You

vCash: 12000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
He has stated many times that he is all time favorite coach was Roy.
My point stands. Given what the Avs have on offense right now and given Roy has said that he's reluctant to make a trade or anything right now that would upset the chemistry of the group we have, I really can't see us adding Radulov. Even if he were to play for his like of Roy, why would he leave a good contract in his home country to play in a league where his every move is going to be analysed, with a media that you know would just be waiting for him to screw up?

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:14 PM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventana View Post
And the last thing the Avs need is him partying before a playoff game or bringing some of the younger guys with him. Let him make his 9 mil in the KHL and do whatever he wants.
Wasn't that later proven to be blown out of proportion?
It's hard not to want Radulov when you're an Avs fan. Think of that forward lineup. Too bad the D (aside from EJ, Hejda and Barrie) are AHL worthy.

O'Reilly Duchene Mcginn
Radulov Stastny Tanguay
Landeskog Mackinnon Parenteau

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:16 PM
tucker3434

Doesn't he make ballpark $7m in thee khl tax free? Can't see the avs coming anywhere near that number. Would be thrilled to have him, just think this is bs.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

whats Radulov making in the KHL

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TOML

Seen enough of Radulov in the NHL to not give a damn about him. He's a good, but severely entitled and self-centered player who never gets it done when the games are important. If the Avs are prepared to unload a truck full of money to pry him from his cushy KHL lifestyle, then all the power to them. I see it nothing but a 'hahaha, screw you KHL' move, at best.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Stripper

That top 6 would be absolutely insane...

MacKinnon, Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog and Radulov

McGinn, Talbot, PAP, Tanguy and Mitchell to complete the top 9...

....INSANE !

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

HF's xenophobia coming out strong ITT.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trick9

vCash: 50
I wouldn't even start to discuss whether he is willing to take a pay cut until there are any kind of proof that his team would just be willingly let him leave in the middle of his absolutely massive contract. There are rules regarding poaching players between NHL and KHL.

He won't be back until he has played out that contract and even then i'm pretty sure he'll rather take the ~8-10m tax-free contract in Russia rather than making maybe 25% of that in the NHL.

trick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Blitzkrug
Mack Daddy

Probably BS [MOD] but if i was an Avs fan, i wouldn't want Radulov anywhere near my team.

Brining an absolute tumor like him into a young locker room? Bad karma.

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-25-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Blitzkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:23 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick9 View Post
I wouldn't even start to discuss whether he is willing to take a pay cut until there are any kind of proof that his team would just be willingly let him leave in the middle of his absolutely massive contract. There are rules regarding poaching players between NHL and KHL.

He won't be back until he has played out that contract and even then i'm pretty sure he'll rather take the ~8-10m tax-free contract in Russia rather than making maybe 25% of that in the NHL.
could he pull a reverse kovalchuk?

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Eklund has a better chance passing a lie detector test than Radulov has playing for the Avalanche. And people still believe this crap??

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Would be amazing to see him prove people wrong.

02-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Hotlanta

Partying got blown out of proportion. Radulov is an elite talent offensively but needs to work on his defensive play. He won't come back over until his contract is up in 2 more seasons.

Do people not remember that he came back to NSH for the sole purpose to burn off his final year after HIS TEAM got eliminated in the KHL. He was not playing for anything but to get himself to free agency in case he ever wants to return. Anybody, who expected him to come and give 100% in the defensive zone was kidding themselves. If he does decide to return in 2 years, he will be coming to prove something, it won't be for the money. That's the Radulov we have to worry about.

I think this rumour is BS but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the 2016-17 Avs team, which should be a beauty.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote