HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Avs Trying to Bring Back Radulov

Old
02-26-2014, 11:40 AM
GaryinPrague

vCash: 50
He's a free agent, no waivers for him

GaryinPrague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:43 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

vCash: 500
The Avs would be the perfect situation for Radulov to the NHL. He wouldn't be the premier forward so he wouldn't have to take all the pressure (MacK, Landy, and Duchene would share that load). He would be surrounded by good defensive forwards, especially if the Avs could re-sign Stastny. He would be playing for a coach he respects in a low pressure market. He wouldn't be the only Russian on the team. The team has plenty of cap space to fit him in. The team has the core just about ready to start contending within a couple years. etc.

Everything fits, it is just if Radulov wants to come back to the NHL... which is a huge question mark, and if I was a betting man, I would say that he doesn't.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryinPrague View Post
He's a free agent, no waivers for him
You can't sign a player from outside NA during the season without him having to go trough waivers (ie Evgeni Nabokov with the Red Wings).

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:44 AM
GaryU

No one questions his talent..Just his decision-making, ya know like when he cut out on his NHL team.

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:45 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

He's not coming here.

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
A tremendously talented Boob, that takes selfish penalties at bad times.

Hey Avs, Wait til he decides to have a little party during the playoffs.
You consider going out to dinner and missing the curfew for 15min having a party?

Old
02-26-2014, 11:50 AM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
You consider going out to dinner and missing the curfew for 15min having a party?
Nope...His reaction to discipline & then his departure.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:50 AM
radicalcenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
After Radulov's Olympic coach suggested he deserved to be "scratched among other things", I didn't think there would be many NHL coaches still willing to take a chance on him.
That's not saying much, he might be the dumbest coach to ever coach an Olympic team.

radicalcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:54 AM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
That's not saying much, he might be the dumbest coach to ever coach an Olympic team.
Just too many prima donnas on the Russian squad.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
Nope...His reaction to discipline & then his departure.
His reaction to the discipline was a party?

Old
02-26-2014, 11:57 AM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
His reaction to the discipline was a party?
nope, leaving.

Old
02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

I'm surprised this rumor/story didn't come out the day Roy was hired by the Avs considering his history with Radulov.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:01 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
I'm surprised this rumor/story didn't come out the day Roy was hired by the Avs considering his history with Radulov.
It did... people have been speculating it for almost a year now.

Old
02-26-2014, 12:08 PM
actionhank1786

I can see people wanting his offensive skills, and maybe, sure, he gets along with Roy awesomely still after all these years. But, is it worth the risk? I'm pretty sure he'd have to pass through waivers, so you would have to pay him a decent enough amount to make sure someone else doesn't poach him as some "Just-in-case" forward heading into the playoffs, which takes money away from what my limited watching of the Avs leads me to believe is shoring up the defense more than the offense.

It just doesn't seem worth it. All of this is working under the assumption that he doesn't have any locker room issues, and doesn't play terribly in every role besides scoring.
The Avs seem pretty solid up front, why risk rocking the boat with a player that's had issues in the NHL more often than not in the past?

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:12 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank1786 View Post
I can see people wanting his offensive skills, and maybe, sure, he gets along with Roy awesomely still after all these years. But, is it worth the risk? I'm pretty sure he'd have to pass through waivers, so you would have to pay him a decent enough amount to make sure someone else doesn't poach him as some "Just-in-case" forward heading into the playoffs, which takes money away from what my limited watching of the Avs leads me to believe is shoring up the defense more than the offense.

It just doesn't seem worth it. All of this is working under the assumption that he doesn't have any locker room issues, and doesn't play terribly in every role besides scoring.
The Avs seem pretty solid up front, why risk rocking the boat with a player that's had issues in the NHL more often than not in the past?
It would be the offseason, and really the only thing the Avs would be risking is money.

Old
02-26-2014, 12:12 PM
A Shiny Zubat
Lurker

All these people mentioning waivers...

The footnote to this is that he is 'supposedly' going to be targeted this offseason. He'd still have to get out of his KHL contract. Eklund is full of hot air.

A Shiny Zubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:13 PM
actionhank1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
It would be the offseason, and really the only thing the Avs would be risking is money.
Ahh, i was under the assumption that it would be something they would hope to lock up this season before the playoff push started.

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:15 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
nope, leaving.
In my life, I've quit 2 teams in the middle of the season. One was football, after getting a serious concussion. Decided it wasn't worth the risk anymore.

The other was a baseball team, after being suspended for a game for missing practice because I had an orthodontist appointment. Decided I didn't want to be part of a team that thought it was more important than everything else in my life.

So, I completely understand Radulov not wanting to be part of a team that doesn't let him play because of seemingly arbitrary rules.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:15 PM
The Green Unit
Lost Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Nichushkin View Post
All these people mentioning waivers...

The footnote to this is that he is 'supposedly' going to be targeted this offseason. He'd still have to get out of his KHL contract. Eklund is full of hot air.

his KHL contract wouldn't be a problem if he really wanted to come back. But he just doesn't. Eklund is not dumb. Olympics baby.

The Green Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:28 PM
SenzZen
I Ain't Even Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
HF's xenophobia coming out strong ITT.
I had a number of other posts "multi'd", but you've got the long and short of it.

You better know what you're getting into taking on a player with his track record, but Roy certainly would. I think Eklund is just blowing hot air, but I'd like to see Radulov commit to playing in the NHL because he's a phenomenal player. Nashville was a terrible fit for him (and I feel for Preds fans over the 2 stints), so I wouldn't count on him doing the same thing elsewhere.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:55 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
In my life, I've quit 2 teams in the middle of the season. One was football, after getting a serious concussion. Decided it wasn't worth the risk anymore.

The other was a baseball team, after being suspended for a game for missing practice because I had an orthodontist appointment. Decided I didn't want to be part of a team that thought it was more important than everything else in my life.

So, I completely understand Radulov not wanting to be part of a team that doesn't let him play because of seemingly arbitrary rules.
Your reasons notwithstanding, Quitting on your team is quitting...As far as arbitrary rules, if you're a pro, act like one.

Old
02-26-2014, 01:20 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Your reasons notwithstanding, Quitting on your team is quitting...As far as arbitrary rules, if you're a pro, act like one.
I agree that he probably didn't handle it perfectly. But, it's not like he quit mid-season. He made a decision in the off-season about his future. Not that much different than if he decided to retire.

And, at the time, there was no rule against what he did. So, as a professional, he was within his rights to decide that he wanted to take his services to a different organization that would provide him with a better working environment.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 02:15 PM
RumpleSnipeSkin
Bar Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
I agree that he probably didn't handle it perfectly. But, it's not like he quit mid-season. He made a decision in the off-season about his future. Not that much different than if he decided to retire.

And, at the time, there was no rule against what he did. So, as a professional, he was within his rights to decide that he wanted to take his services to a different organization that would provide him with a better working environment.
Sounds like quite a "party" ...

RumpleSnipeSkin is offline   Reply With Quote