HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills driving Bruins tix increase?

Old
04-07-2014, 09:55 PM
jgatie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskIsABrickWall View Post
I have never had a problem at a Pats game or a Bs game. And i have been to over 60 pats games since about 2003. Hell when i went to watch the pats in NJ i didn't have a problem until AFTER the pats lost.
NY fans wouldn't have the balls to say anything before or during the game..but after the pats lost it was like the jets won the SB. Hilarious
Never had a problem at a Bruins game, except for a drunk guy falling over into my seat. Last time I went to a Pats game (20 years ago), a guy puked on one of my friends, a girl spilled a beer on me, and we got into a massive brawl after the game because a guy thought we were stealing his beer. The guy was so drunk, he got KO'd by a kid 5'7" and about 150. I know it is different now, but I'll never go back. I like drinking, but I hate drunks, especially amateurs. And after 6-7 hours drinking, they are all amateurs.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshmontMcSlewfoot View Post
Good. Would be a disaster if the NFL lost the Bills to LA or Toronto or London. Move the Jags/Rams.

Bills games are awesome drunken **** shows. I know lots of upstate NYers who won;'t bring their kids because the behavior is so bad. I've been in multiple fights at that stadium in just a few games there. And I like that atmosphere even though its hell being there when the Pats lose.

You just don't get that at Gillette anymore.

Their parking lot has a magical way of emptying too the cars just go off in all directions and you are out of the lot in seconds.

Jacobs has elevated the Bruins to the top of the NHL its a nice time for him to step away and let Charlie be the man. JJ was a young guy when he bought us.
Yeah I've only went to one Bills game in Buffalo and it was the worst sporting experience of my life. I'd never go back. Crappy frozen metal seats, Fans fighting in the stands, fans flicking lit cigarettes on other fans, people pouring drinks on other fans, lots of fans using the sinks in the washrooms as urinals...

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
No worries, once fans realize how insane it is to pay these ticket prices and refuse to buy tickets, Jacobs will call for an expansion to print some money via expansion fees, and the talent will be even more diluted. Then he will call another lockout and steal from the players once again.
Oh that's not gonna happen...

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
No need to laugh and for the sarcasm, he is absolutely right.
I agree but unfortunately taking your family to an NHL game became out of reach to the average family at most Canadian NHL rinks years ago and it looks like it's happening in Boston now too.

Fortunately Ottawa still has some good family deal promotions.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Mazzie

Its just good business to match the market prices. If face value was low, ticket brokers would swoop in and buy as many as they could and resell for massive profits. I'm sure a lot of "working stiffs" who bought four tickets for $200 that were worth $600, would sell them and pocket the money and tell his kids he would buy them new skates, lol.

Jacobs is just trying to keep as much as the money for himself as possible. He doesn't set the prices, the market does.

Mazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
JJ and the Buffalo Bills

Not sure if this has been talked about yet.. but it looks like JJ is putting in a play for the Buffalo Bills.

The NFL has a weird ownership clause that you cannot own a pro sports team in another city. So, should should JJ go after the Bills, what does this mean for the B's?

Does he make Charlie owner of the Bruins? Or is he too deeply entrenched in NHL business that he makes one of his other sons owner of the Bills.

Add the 70mil garden renovation and the Causeway St. Towers, there are some interesting financial stuff going on.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Not sure if this has been talked about yet.. but it looks like JJ is putting in a play for the Buffalo Bills.

The NFL has a weird ownership clause that you cannot own a pro sports team in another city. So, should should JJ go after the Bills, what does this mean for the B's?

Does he make Charlie owner of the Bruins? Or is he too deeply entrenched in NHL business that he makes one of his other sons owner of the Bills.

Add the 70mil garden renovation and the Causeway St. Towers, there are some interesting financial stuff going on.
You can own multiple teams in multiple sports, but you are correct, they have to be in the same city. In this case, JJ could/would transfer ownership of the Bruins to Charlie.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
You can own multiple teams in multiple sports, but you are correct, they have to be in the same city. In this case, JJ could/would transfer ownership of the Bruins to Charlie.
Charles in Charge

Probably the most overlooked management change in recent memory. Charley has done a lot to improve his toy.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
hoss75

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...id=Top+Stories

Cam says it ain't happening, FWIW

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote