HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Things Jerseys Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2014, 11:13 PM
  #51
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Wait GMs have a say in jerseys? I thought that was more marketing department stuff? Then what on earth was Regier thinking in Buffalo when those awful jerseys were put out. I think GMs only have a say when the jerseys are like...not of this planet bad, like Keenan with those Blues jerseys:

I'll have to find where I read it, but I remember specifically that Dale was behind us getting rid of the Jet Blues. I'm not sure if he had any direct say on what our new ones would be. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that he chose our current ones, just that he hated the Pittsburgh copycats.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:38 AM
  #52
Android 16
Registered User
 
Android 16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I did some evaluating of how I feel about our team's uniform. I like to feel I have a balanced view of the past and current set. In my opinion both have good looking jerseys. Paul Lukas, of Uni-Watch, brought something to my attention a year ago in his yearly uniform rankings about our current jerseys. The clashing sleeve and elbow striping. I've since seen many express the same sentiments. That, coupled with those that just don't like the new jerseys at all made me want to try my hand at doing redesigns.

There is essentially two basic branches of hockey jerseys. There is some variety after that, but most fall into these categories: Stripe along the sleeve or Stripe across the elbow. We're doing both. While I didn't mind it at first... it's starting to bother me. So here are my ideas. Yes, they're very SLIGHT changes.

Full stripe along bottom


Full stripe along bottom with added yellow stripe to separate blue/red on sleeve


Partial stripe along bottom


Partial stripe along bottom with added yellow stripe to separate blue/red on sleeve


I could also add one without striping on elbow or along the bottom. I felt it would be too plain. Our old jerseys had that bottom striping so I thought it would be nice to bring that back in a way.

Thoughts? Remember that style is subjective!
I'm not completely opposed, but I think the Panther logo needs to be bigger and the numbers/letters need to be a lot thicker. That was an aspect I really loved about the old ones. You could make out the names and letters of the jerseys even from far away at the old Miami arena. If not that, then just a different font or something new like a narrow or condensed font. The Minnesota Wild have a GREAT letter/number combination. It's nice and bold. Love it. The only thing I hate more than seeing a "C" on Jovo's chest is seeing a little, dinky, pathetic "C" on Jovo's chest. Check out Toew's "C" and Patrick Sharp's "A". Now those are great. Our just stink.

With new ownership and new players / a youth movement should come with a jerseys revamp. WE SEE RETRO!

Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 11:44 AM
  #53
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I did some evaluating of how I feel about our team's uniform. I like to feel I have a balanced view of the past and current set. In my opinion both have good looking jerseys. Paul Lukas, of Uni-Watch, brought something to my attention a year ago in his yearly uniform rankings about our current jerseys. The clashing sleeve and elbow striping. I've since seen many express the same sentiments. That, coupled with those that just don't like the new jerseys at all made me want to try my hand at doing redesigns.

There is essentially two basic branches of hockey jerseys. There is some variety after that, but most fall into these categories: Stripe along the sleeve or Stripe across the elbow. We're doing both. While I didn't mind it at first... it's starting to bother me. So here are my ideas. Yes, they're very SLIGHT changes.

Full stripe along bottom


Full stripe along bottom with added yellow stripe to separate blue/red on sleeve


Partial stripe along bottom


Partial stripe along bottom with added yellow stripe to separate blue/red on sleeve


I could also add one without striping on elbow or along the bottom. I felt it would be too plain. Our old jerseys had that bottom striping so I thought it would be nice to bring that back in a way.

Thoughts? Remember that style is subjective!
I'd wear the middle one with a thinner yellow stripe to match the thickness of the bottom yellow stripes….

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:12 PM
  #54
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
I'd wear the middle one with a thinner yellow stripe to match the thickness of the bottom yellow stripes….
Yeah, should be thinner. I just kinda did it quick and dirty. Didn't think it would make much of a difference, but I have to say I really like the yellow stripe on sleeves. I'd be good with #2 or #4.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 09:23 PM
  #55
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Yeah, should be thinner. I just kinda did it quick and dirty. Didn't think it would make much of a difference, but I have to say I really like the yellow stripe on sleeves. I'd be good with #2 or #4.
Nothing dirty, looks great, like I said, if the yellow strip thickness was consistent, it'd be perfect in my eyes, and I'm not easy to please as a jersey nerd

I would like it submitted for serious consideration and I have never said that about a fan created jersey design.

Whenever you have the time, could you come up with a few near identical, but modernized, version of our originals with the pointed shoulders? MORE SUNSTICKPALM TOO!

Killer stuff dude, I'm a fan.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 08:08 AM
  #56
RCDeltaFixer
Registered User
 
RCDeltaFixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
How much do jerseys cost at Pantherland? Is it less than the online prices? 200 bucks for a Luongo or Barkov jersey is just too much for me.

RCDeltaFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
  #57
Aksu
all hail Barky
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Funny you said that...the one I didnt post but was pretty well received on icethetics was this one which is very old school in style and has everything you said:

I'm not a fan of the Panther logo as much but there's some elements here that could work with a tweak of that aspect.
Now that Yormarks gone, someone send an email to our new president with this picture please. Would looove to have this design (different logo ofcourse)

Aksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 09:12 AM
  #58
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Funny you said that...the one I didnt post but was pretty well received on icethetics was this one which is very old school in style and has everything you said:

I'm not a fan of the Panther logo as much but there's some elements here that could work with a tweak of that aspect.
...ohh, NICK Burton made this...thought it was for CLIFF Burton for a sec

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 04:43 PM
  #59
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Ok folks, JERSEY SALE ON!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321391185210...84.m1555.l2649
John Vanbiesbrouck Lot New York Rangers Florida Panthers Jersey CCM Stitched NHL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221427032902...84.m1555.l2649
Authentic Center Ice Florida Panthers Jersey Fight Strap Koho Lot CCM Stitched

Will be posting more shortly, not just hockey coming!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
  #60
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ccgoalie27/m...p2047675.l2562

Got some hockey, Futbol, Basketball up…

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2014, 10:56 AM
  #61
FloriDada
Registered User
 
FloriDada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Good luck selling that Puyol shirt

FloriDada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
  #62
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Good luck selling that Puyol shirt
He's awesome, is that you that bid on it?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2014, 05:25 PM
  #63
FloriDada
Registered User
 
FloriDada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Never. I like Arsenal & Bayern.

FloriDada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 07:47 AM
  #64
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Never. I like Arsenal & Bayern.
Go Man Utd!0

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:58 AM
  #65
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Never. I like Arsenal & Bayern.

LOL, how did this become the soccer thread? Anyways... COYS!


LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:18 AM
  #66
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
Spurs just got spanked lol

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:25 AM
  #67
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI
 
PanthersAllDay1225's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
WOOO another Yid on here. COYS. Bad season but next year with a new manager should help haha.

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:39 AM
  #68
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Edit

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 08:12 PM
  #69
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
FOR SALE
I have a Starter Vanbiesbrouck in white, a Starter replica (Lg) signed by Bure and a few others back in 2002, a new red RBK premier(Sm but fits like Med), and
Booth(Med), Horton(Lg), and Weiss(Lg) dark blues with the yellow pipes each signed by their player, 2010(blue jersey) and 2011(red jersey) entire team signed jerseys from the STH auto sessions.
I have a variety of other stuff like a signed Bure placard, rats from the arena, StanleyCPanther bobble head, 7th Man promo bandana, some programs, cards, lol too much.

All auto'd jerseys were signed in my presence. The Bure plac is authenticated by a company in West Palm

All must go, diapers and formula are ****ing expensive.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 04:19 PM
  #70
joeyabs
RicoFata'sLoveChild
 
joeyabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoDoSoPa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 641
Anyone know where one can buy a jugs t shirt with the name on the back (not a jersey)? thanks

joeyabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 07:40 AM
  #71
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
I think you used to be able to customize shirts on the team's online store, but I don't see that option anymore. You pretty much have to wait for the Panthers to have one available. Currently, Bjugstad isn't a player they have a t-shirt for.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 10:55 AM
  #72
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
He will be next time Pantherland oens.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 12:50 PM
  #73
FloriDada
Registered User
 
FloriDada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Aliexpress has a crapload of soccer jerseys on sale for the world cup now. They're all obviously fake, but they look identical to the real thing. I just ordered a USA Diskerud shirt for like $16. Way better than paying $100 at any other store.

FloriDada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 09:58 PM
  #74
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321431875204...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321434882613...84.m1555.l2649

Free ship or local pickup for any of my fellow boarders (coughBEEZERALcough)

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
  #75
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Aliexpress has a crapload of soccer jerseys on sale for the world cup now. They're all obviously fake, but they look identical to the real thing. I just ordered a USA Diskerud shirt for like $16. Way better than paying $100 at any other store.
Did you (or anyone else) have the same feeling I did when the corner was awarded?? I made my hands into a rectangle so all I could see was the net (and anyone in the frame).

I lost my ****ing mind when the ball appeared in my hand rectangle LMAO

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.