HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Korolyuk to stay in Russia?

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2005, 07:39 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

vCash: 500
Korolyuk to stay in Russia?

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?107770

no...it's not in English, but someone translated this to:

"Yesterday, the 29-years ex-"San Jose Sharks" forward Alexander Koroliuk signed one year contract with near-Moscow team "Vitiaz" It was officially declared by the vice-president of a board of guardians of a situated near Moscow team Valery Vasiljev.
- Yes, I have specially arrived from Slovakia to Moscow to sign the annual contract with "Vitiaz", - informed ??????? to correspondent "Sport-express" - Financial treaty provisions it is more favorable, than $1,5 million offered to me by San Jose. To tell the truth, "Sharks" can sell or exchange me in other club which, in turn, it is possible, will make more tempting offer. In that case I still can leave for NHL, but the probability of it is close to zero."

Old
08-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
SO he wants to be traded, and then he might come back?

If I were the Sharks, I'd let him stay in Russia.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:52 PM
burgess1978

This is strange. He missed all of 2002-2003 because he stayed in Russia (didn't like Sutter and vice-versa) but played really well under Wilson. Sharks fans were looking forward to the return of the Ekman-McCauley-Korulyuk line.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
DJ Spinoza

I had Korolyuk in my keeper league but traded him last week. The guy might be mad about this...

Old
08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
I had Korolyuk in my keeper league but traded him last week. The guy might be mad about this...
At least you dumped him at the right time.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Baron Von Shark

I have been one of Korky's strongest supporters after all these years...but this jacka** thinks he's worth more than $1.5M?!

Old
08-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
I have been one of Korky's strongest supporters after all these years...but this jacka** thinks he's worth more than $1.5M?!
Apparently he's worth that to somebody. Why is expecting a team to match your best offer if they want you to play for them being a jackass?

Old
08-10-2005, 09:03 PM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
He doesn't even have to think it. If they're offering 2-3 million, why should he take a pay cut to play here? I mean, I like where I live and everything. I like who I work with, but if I can get paid substantially more where I grew up, I don't see why I wouldn't jump at the chance.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Haute Couture

Consider the tax situation, too - it's 13% in Russia as opposed to 30-40% in the States.

I wouldn't imagine a team like Vityaz' paying him substantially more than San Jose would. He is yet to demostrate a full, consistent, effective season in the NHL - obviously he's not worth 1.5 million. I'd still come back, if I were him, to the NHL strictly from the financial point of view - he can still make a splash and maybe get a better contract in the future. But not if he runs back to Russia every time he's in a shaky situation.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:06 AM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
- Yes, I have specially arrived from Slovakia to Moscow to sign the annual contract with "Vitiaz", - informed ??????? to correspondent "Sport-express" - Financial treaty provisions it is more favorable, than $1,5 million offered to me by San Jose. To tell the truth, "Sharks" can sell or exchange me in other club which, in turn, it is possible, will make more tempting offer. In that case I still can leave for NHL, but the probability of it is close to zero."
I'm not too alarmed yet. Given that his Russian deal does have an NHL contract out, it is still very possible that he is using it as negotiating leverage.

On top of that he has been in San Jose all summer, and was practicing at the Ice Center as late as last week. Doesn't sound like someone who was planning on playing in Russia next year.

Next week there is an open Season Ticket Holder event where DW will be speaking. I'm sure he'll have something to say on this issue.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Alouette_19

Maybe the Sharks could trade him to the Caps, this team have a lot of cap space and Korolyuk could play with Ovechkin????

Just an idea like that....

Anyway the Russian player will be less in demand in the future, they want to stay in their country, some team will now hesitated before took some

Closed Thread