HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal/Idea - Tucker to Wings?

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 03:52 AM
Ajo

vCash: 500
Proposal/Idea - Tucker to Wings?

What would it take to get Tucker to the Red Wings?

Dandenault + 3rd?

McCarty + Dandenault?

Other?

Tucker can both haress and play hockey but he's hardly a 2nd liner. A 3rd liner with some scoring. Can play any position.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Team Dandenault

Send a message via Yahoo to Team Dandenault
Devereaux or Williams.

I'd much rather have Avery back.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:11 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

i dont think that would do it somehow.

riight now, the leafs want a starting 4 defenseman who can rack up some points.

if tucker can be packaged with a few others for just that, then great.
otherwise, he's likely staying

Old
09-30-2003, 05:27 AM
caber24

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
i dont think that would do it somehow.

riight now, the leafs want a starting 4 defenseman who can rack up some points.

if tucker can be packaged with a few others for just that, then great.
otherwise, he's likely staying
Exactly. Tucker isn't going anywhere unless it is in a package for a top 4 defenceman.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:56 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Well it really make sense for Detroit to trade Mcarty since they have sooooooooo much toughness
i mean after all, Donald Brasher was headed to the wings, wasnt he?

Old
10-01-2003, 04:43 AM
Ajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Well it really make sense for Detroit to trade Mcarty since they have sooooooooo much toughness
What other response could come from you??

Trading McCarty could make sense...he eats salary and doesn't create much offensive. He's not worth the money his making as a grinder. Detroit won't trade cause of his character I think.

Old
10-01-2003, 10:16 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajo

Dandenault + 3rd?

McCarty + Dandenault?

Other?

Tucker can both haress and play hockey but he's hardly a 2nd liner. A 3rd liner with some scoring. Can play any position.
I think a deal with Detroit sending Darcy Tucker in that direction is very possible....I feel that the Leafs could trade him there and pickup Chris Chelios in return.....Tucker would go great on a line with Draper and McCarty and Chelios would be a welcomed addition to the Leafs defence.

Old
10-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
I think a deal with Detroit sending Darcy Tucker in that direction is very possible....I feel that the Leafs could trade him there and pickup Chris Chelios in return.....Tucker would go great on a line with Draper and McCarty and Chelios would be a welcomed addition to the Leafs defence.

Chelios is a shadow of his former self, but the Wings aren't going to trade him to the Leafs for Tucker, you can't count on that. The best the Leafs could get is a guy like Mathieu Dandenault or a guy like Marek Malik(not Malik specifically). Someone who is a 5th guy who could be a decent 4th/5th d-man.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:45 PM
AlMo

Tucker has more value than a Mailk or Dandenault type......almost the same as saying we'll give you Berg for Holmstrom or Draper.

Tucker is a very good third liner not just an everyday average third liner. A third liner who can score 20-25 goals and put up 55-60 points is real good third liner and a valuable asset.

Not saying Tucker can land you top notch talent but he can land you someone that will definantly help your club.

As for the Chelios proposal...please keep him...the guy is an idiot and has attitude problems. Time for Chelly to retire.

Old
10-02-2003, 01:45 AM
Ajo

We'll see if Tucker bounces back to his 01-02 form with 59 points. I doubt that. 40 points is more on the line I think.

Old
10-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Lidstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajo

Dandenault + 3rd?

McCarty + Dandenault?

Other?

The reason Detroit was high on Avery, was b/c he had potential to control himself as he matured. Detroit understands that players that can't control themselves on the ice are useless to their system and their philosophy. Detroit is a thinking team, Tucker doesn't fit that style. Tucker is a veteran player who hasn't learned how to control his emotions.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:25 AM
PigPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidstrom
The reason Detroit was high on Avery, was b/c he had potential to control himself as he matured. Detroit understands that players that can't control themselves on the ice are useless to their system and their philosophy. Detroit is a thinking team, Tucker doesn't fit that style. Tucker is a veteran player who hasn't learned how to control his emotions.
You just about summed up what I was going to say.

As much as I like tucker, his mouth and his untimely penalties would not be a welcome addition to the red wings.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:55 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
You just about summed up what I was going to say.

As much as I like tucker, his mouth and his untimely penalties would not be a welcome addition to the red wings.

But if he was traded for McCarty, he would just be replacing those untimely penalties that Darren takes. :p

But i still wouldn't make this deal. Having 7 good Dman is a great advantage. IF Lewis is smart, he'll be able to give alot of guyys time off so they are fresh in the playoffs. But Dandenault can move to foward if needed

Closed Thread