HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Biggest trade deadline in years?

Old
02-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Vitto79;80584607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick To Your Guns View Post
As far as most players moved and the quality of players moved this could be a big deadline. Or I could be super optimistic and the TSN commercials are getting to me.

But some big names on the block or being talked about:
St. Louis- NEXT YR
Vanek- DEADLINE
Miller-DEADLINE
Callahan-DEADLINE
Kesler- NEXT YR
Moulson- DEADLINE
Girardi -STAYS
Eberle-STAYS
Ganger-DEADLINE
Parenteau-STAYS
Ott-DEADLINE
Legwand- DEADLINE. although they should keep him
Gaborik- STAYS- his value is low and they need to make the playoffs
This is my thinking as well, and actually if you look at some of the quality of the players, it's not bad, but the problem is so many "big name" guys are reportedly "available", that people are going to get their expectations up too high. So it will be considered a let down, although it will be decent IMO.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Cullen Bohannon

There will be roughly 15 trades on deadline day, and not many of them will be too interesting, just minor pieces being shuffled around.
One or two "big" names might get moved, but my prediction is pretty much the exact average outcome of the past 3 deadlines now.

Last edited by Cullen Bohannon: 02-27-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Cullen Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:37 PM
arsmaster

Honestly feel like the media is leaking names like Kesler and St Louis to pump their coverage.

If Kesler's request to move was so publicized and occurred prior to the season, why weren't there reports at that time?

I'm not sure where Montreal based Louis Jean is getting his insider info - Patrice Brisebois? We've seen enough dumb suggestions from them in the past.

Now I see Bruce Arthur is weighing in...LOL....honestly, why wait until now to say something. Holding onto news isn't how these media mongers work....in the age of twitter everyone says what they hear when they hear it. First scoop is the best, even if it's false.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
StrongIslanders90

St. Louis and Kesler are draft day/summer type deals.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
When has Eberle's name popped up?

I also don't see a lot of these guys getting moved. Vanek, Callahan, MacDonald and Moulson are the biggest names I'd expect to go.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:18 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Biggest trade deadline in years?
Yes it seems

So far thousands of rumors and one ****ing trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Wow, first time ever I've seen a BIGGEST trade deadline thread

After the usual every year, "Worst trade deadline ever?" thread
Bingo. That thread always pops up after the deadline.

--

jinxjinx

I want some trades!!!!!

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Tremendously boring deadline thus far.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Komarov77

When there hasn't been speculation about big names moving in trade deadline?

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
I think there are going to be very few moves. There is just about ZERO capspace available out there for teams to add players.

20/30 teams have 1.55m or less of capspace available. To give a little perspective on that, Moulson at half salary retained still has a caphit of 1.56m meaning that 2/3rds of the league cannot give up purely picks/prospects for a cheap (cap hit wise) addition of Moulson to make a run. And of the 10 teams that have 1.55m+ in capspace (those teams being Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix, Edmonton, Buffalo, Ottawa, Calgary, Colordao, NYI and Florida), there are like maybe 3 teams that would be looking to add a rental player.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:08 AM
DCantheDman
DisplacedNuckfan

vCash: 265
I see it as the same type of deadline as always: lots of hype and then James Duthie tapdancing for 8 hours. Not that that isnt entertaining.

I am totally buying into the hype though; that is the fun of the TD. With the potential of Kesler, Edler and Luongo being moved for my team, it is exciting to speculate and debate about the potental returns we all want, regardless of if it actually happens.

And when a trade does happen, we all get to complain about our GM getting fleeced, or celebrate fleecing another team.

DCantheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:14 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
This... it's always so hyped and such a let down these years. I'm not even closely following it TBH.

dubplatepressure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:26 AM
njdevil26

I wouldn't be surprised that this would be a big deadline with the cap going up so much and the tv deal cash going to teams.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I think there are going to be very few moves. There is just about ZERO capspace available out there for teams to add players.

20/30 teams have 1.55m or less of capspace available. To give a little perspective on that, Moulson at half salary retained still has a caphit of 1.56m meaning that 2/3rds of the league cannot give up purely picks/prospects for a cheap (cap hit wise) addition of Moulson to make a run. And of the 10 teams that have 1.55m+ in capspace (those teams being Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix, Edmonton, Buffalo, Ottawa, Calgary, Colordao, NYI and Florida), there are like maybe 3 teams that would be looking to add a rental player.
Doesn't the cap hit go pro-rated for this season, though? Meaning that if there is 25 % of the season left, and his yearly cap-hit is 3.133m, the new team would only count 0.78m against the cap? Or did this feature get changed in the new CBA?

Pourquoi pas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:41 AM
83DIZ65

the thing is with how quiet the deadlines been most years if we have an ok deadline it could be the biggest in years.....if you include the miller trade...its already had a HUGE move.

83DIZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Tank Commander
Perennial Letdown

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizimal View Post
the thing is with how quiet the deadlines been most years if we have an ok deadline it could be the biggest in years.....if you include the miller trade...its already had a HUGE move.
Yeh for sure. I'm including the Miller trade as it happened in the week up to the deadline and for that reason alone, it's been the biggest trade deadline in a long time.

Tank Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Off Sides

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourquoi pas View Post
Doesn't the cap hit go pro-rated for this season, though? Meaning that if there is 25 % of the season left, and his yearly cap-hit is 3.133m, the new team would only count 0.78m against the cap? Or did this feature get changed in the new CBA?
I think it goes by days on the roster.

For example if Buffalo were to keep Stewart they'd be charged a $957,692 cap hit for this 45 days on the roster.

Any team trading for him would actually pay a little less as he would have less days on the trading team.

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:07 AM
BringBackLibertys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
Yeh for sure. I'm including the Miller trade as it happened in the week up to the deadline and for that reason alone, it's been the biggest trade deadline in a long time.
Yes, it has to be included, because, let's be honest, it is all they will have to talk about for the first 3 hours of the broadcast. Shoot, I am willing to bet they can stretch the Pirri trade into a good 30 minute segment if they need to. I can see it now

"I heard he tweeted in French that he wanted a trade", "Pirri knows French James?". "Of course, and I have his mother on the phone now to confirm that at the breaking trade desk"

Uggggg

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Tank Commander
Perennial Letdown

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys View Post
Yes, it has to be included, because, let's be honest, it is all they will have to talk about for the first 3 hours of the broadcast. Shoot, I am willing to bet they can stretch the Pirri trade into a good 30 minute segment if they need to. I can see it now

"I heard he tweeted in French that he wanted a trade", "Pirri knows French James?". "Of course, and I have his mother on the phone now to confirm that at the breaking trade desk"

Uggggg
Haha I never thought about the consequences...ugggg indeed, sir.

Tank Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:51 AM
damicius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post

20 teams are playing tonight, almost everyone will keep their trades for tomorrow

damicius is offline   Reply With Quote