HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Centers available via trade

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 10:50 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Centers available via trade

Potentially available centers via trade:

Steve Rucchin: Anaheim needs to cut salary. Rucchin is a leader and has had chemistry with Kariya in the past. Cost: 2.2m... My guess is that he could be had cheaply. Low risk/short-term option. I think he would be a good fit for the Preds.

Zetterberg or Datysuk: They wings may not have the room to sign both of these guys. It would take a nice piece to get one of them, but it may be worth it.

Tyler Arnason: Has been on mentioned among the rumors for a while.

Vasichek: unsigned. Possibly available.

Kraft: has been mentioned before... I'm not the biggest fan of him.

Camarelli: With Demitra and Roenick, Camarelli maybe out of scoring-line spot.

Handzus: Flyers maybe looking to trade him with Forsberg, Primeau, Carter, and Richards. If we really want to come up with an attractive package, there's a small chance that Richards or Carter could be had.

Malkin: An extreme long-shot, but with Crosby, the Pens could be temepted to trade away Malkin if they get an awesome package. I think it would be difficult task to groom two 18-19 year old superstar centers at the same time.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:37 AM
Stars-Preds

I would think we can mark off Zetterberg, Datysuk, and Arnason because teams in our own divison are less likely to trade us a potential No. 1 or 2 center (although, if memory serves, we did snag a guy name Steve from a division rival) ...

Malkin can also be marked off the list. the only way I see the Pens even consider trading him is if Suter were in the deal and I don't think Poile would trade Suter right now.

I still think a guy like Cassels or someone like that could be brought in.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Behn Wilson

Hawk fan here.

In regards to the first post, there are no rumors of Arnason being traded. The old coach Sutter didnt like him, but the new GM and coach (Yawney coached him in Norfolk) both love him. He is staying put.

Old
08-07-2005, 11:25 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I like the idea of getting Cammalleri, but with our lack of size up front as it is, it might not be the best option. Still, I think he can thrive in the new NHL, but he also plays wing and I think LA, realizing his potential in the new NHL, will hold on to him in a wing position.

Old
08-08-2005, 12:54 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Potentially available centers via trade:

Steve Rucchin: Anaheim needs to cut salary. Rucchin is a leader and has had chemistry with Kariya in the past. Cost: 2.2m... My guess is that he could be had cheaply. Low risk/short-term option. I think he would be a good fit for the Preds.

Zetterberg or Datysuk: They wings may not have the room to sign both of these guys. It would take a nice piece to get one of them, but it may be worth it.

Tyler Arnason: Has been on mentioned among the rumors for a while.

Vasichek: unsigned. Possibly available.

Kraft: has been mentioned before... I'm not the biggest fan of him.

Camarelli: With Demitra and Roenick, Camarelli maybe out of scoring-line spot.

Handzus: Flyers maybe looking to trade him with Forsberg, Primeau, Carter, and Richards. If we really want to come up with an attractive package, there's a small chance that Richards or Carter could be had.

Malkin: An extreme long-shot, but with Crosby, the Pens could be temepted to trade away Malkin if they get an awesome package. I think it would be difficult task to groom two 18-19 year old superstar centers at the same time.
Handzus is not going anywhere.

Old
08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
handtrick

Smolinski?

Looks like the Senators are trying to move Bryan Smolinski and his $2.25 mill salary according to this report as Hossa has filed for arbitration:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...68421-sun.html

He is 33 yrs old and these were his 2003/4 numbers: 2003-04 GP80 G19 A27 Pts46 +22

Bio from TSN:
6'1" 201
Assets: Is a nifty playmaker. Has excellent two-way ability and face-off skills. Knows where to be at all times. Adds versatility to any lineup.
Flaws: Can go long stretches without scoring a goal. Doesn't use his body to win battles enough. Is declining in terms of production.
Career potential: Two-way forward.

Are we at all interested?....seems like someone to consider if the price is right.....

Old
08-11-2005, 10:41 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Looks like the Senators are trying to move Bryan Smolinski and his $2.25 mill salary according to this report as Hossa has filed for arbitration:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...68421-sun.html

He is 33 yrs old and these were his 2003/4 numbers: 2003-04 GP80 G19 A27 Pts46 +22

Bio from TSN:
6'1" 201
Assets: Is a nifty playmaker. Has excellent two-way ability and face-off skills. Knows where to be at all times. Adds versatility to any lineup.
Flaws: Can go long stretches without scoring a goal. Doesn't use his body to win battles enough. Is declining in terms of production.
Career potential: Two-way forward.

Are we at all interested?....seems like someone to consider if the price is right.....
Seems mighty expensive according to the link.

Old
08-12-2005, 12:49 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Why not Fedorov? Anaheim is near the cap from what i've seen and they might have to trade him. I'm not quite sure how much he makes but still, just an idea.

Old
08-12-2005, 01:31 AM
reciprokal

^just to let you know, Fedorov is making 6 millions per year and he still has three yrs left on his contract.. so that is like 18 millions...

Closed Thread