HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Supra 420 vs Tackla 800 size and fit

Old
03-12-2014, 01:40 PM
MoogMoose
Rookie User

vCash: 500
CCM Supra 420 vs Tackla 800 size and fit

I'm currently looking to buy a new pair of pants, but finding a fit "profile" has been difficult. I have a 38-40 waist. I have tried on CCM U+08 XL pants and they fit snug with little mobility. I have found a pair of XL CCM Supra 420 (36-38) and Tackla 56 (40-42) online. I am a woman therefore we have more "hip" and finding pants can be a pain. I have heard that the Tackla's run small (European fit) and that CCM Supra's run larger than the CCM U+08. I currently have a pair of Easton Stealth 55s XL's which I believe run 36-38. Even I was surprised that they fit. I don't care for the belly pad hence the change.

Basically I like a roomier fit, with tailbone coverage considering I am new. Any suggestions? Does anybody have experience with either pair of these pants? Unfortunately I would have to order online and I'm unable to try them on.

Last edited by MoogMoose: 03-12-2014 at 02:41 PM.
MoogMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 03:15 PM
MoogMoose
Rookie User

Also, it seems like the lower end pants have fit better for mobility. I'm pretty certain I don't need some super padded pants. This is a women's league, no checking, just falling and learning and trying to have some fun.

Old
03-12-2014, 10:00 PM
SacredPetra

I have the women's Tacklas, and I'd say mine ran big. Mine are for a 32" waist and mine sit low on my hips (which measure about 38") while adjusted as small as they go. I could easily let the waist out by 4". Mine are also quite roomy in the thighs. I was disappointed in the quality though, it's nothing major, but the top buckle at the waist came unstitched and the zipper pulls in the thigh zippers broke off after a couple weeks. I've needed using them for a year since then though with no complaints.

SacredPetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 02:39 PM
MoogMoose
Rookie User

Thanks for the response. I think I'm leaning more towards the CCM Supra's because I really like a roomier fit and I believe the CCM Supra HP420 might be more traditional than the Tackla 800. With the being said I have tried to research the Supra's a bit but haven't found a good reference for specs on a pair of XL's. I'm trying to find out how the length is compared to some other's including the Easton's I currently have.