HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nikolai Kulemin likely to be traded.

Old
02-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

vCash: 500
I want him on the Pens, badly. He would be an excellent addition.

But part of me thinks that it will be easy getting him in July and really don't want to give up the kind of assets it would take in a trade....

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:15 AM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four1 Lead View Post
According to Darren Dreger, there have been some very good offers from NHL execs for Nikolai Kulemin. Dreger says he's a player that many teams like and would be willing to give up a nice package for. The Maple Leafs are in a situation where they may have to choose between keeping Dave Bolland as a 3rd line centre or keeping Nikolai Kulemin after this season. At this point, it looks like they might look to keep Bolland at around $5M and trade Nikolai.

Kulemin is a pending UFA and will likely demand around $4M.

A team that has been rumoured to like Kulemin for a few years is Pittsburgh.

Dreger says the offers have been so tempting that Nonis may have to suck it up and trade the winger.
Quote? Nonis was on the Fan yesterday, and basically said he doesn't expect to trade players for picks, or even upcoming UFA's

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:22 AM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
well, that wouldnt be a 2nd and a b prospect now would it

We dont really need a roster player, as we have plenty that can fill that role (D'amigo is the ideal Kulemin replacement one day)
Let's assume that the Dreger comments are correct. There's some pretty big reason to suspect he's not. I mean, it's not like Nonis hasn't been on the Leafs management team for a long time, and Dreger just started being related to him when Nonis took over. And even before Nonis tooke over, Dreger just never seemed to get anything right with the Leafs. Like ever lol. So reason to suspect anything he says? But let's assume he's right.

Does a 2nd and a B prospect really sound like something he'd "have a hard time refusing". I doubt it. That doesn't scream anything amazing to me. Just sound decent at best, meh at worst.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Dark Knight
Draft Jared McCann!

Kulemin for Sutter.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
dannyboy8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Kulemin for Sutter.
Kule + Bolland + Conditional pick
for
Sutter + Despres/Harrington + 3rd

dannyboy8920 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Kulemin for Sutter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
for
Neither of those make any sense whatsoever for the Pens. Pass.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:37 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
I want him on the Pens, badly. He would be an excellent addition.

But part of me thinks that it will be easy getting him in July and really don't want to give up the kind of assets it would take in a trade....
His family and roots are sewn in Toronto. Even if the Leafs don't have a deal in place, there's a far better chance he stays in Toronto over another destination. Especially if there's some post-season success.

Unless Kulie scores a hat-trick in Game 7 of the SCF for the win, then it's buh-bye city...

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:41 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
for
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Neither of those make any sense whatsoever for the Pens. Pass.
as a leaf fan i agree with the other guy. sutter is a good young 3rd line center and despres/harrington are pretty good prospects. both would probably be our best prospect after rielly by a far margin.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:48 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
as a leaf fan i agree with the other guy. sutter is a good young 3rd line center and despres/harrington are pretty good prospects. both would probably be our best prospect after rielly by a far margin.
you highly underestimate Finn ...he is going to be really good, but, beyond Finn, yep, pretty much.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:49 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Because Dreger and Nonis are related? I scratch your back, you scratch mine aka you report Kulemin is getting lots of interest and getting good offers to try and get a good deal, I give you rumours to keep in business.

Is it a coincidence Dreger is the one who reports basically everything Leafs, but doesn't have a lick of a source on say, the Canucks, Flames or any other Canadian team?

Anyways, this is off-topic, so I'll leave it at that.
I think it is just the facts of where they are located and viewership. Not that they don't care about other teams but it all comes down to paying the bills. Dreger does talk about the Flames, Sens and Cdn's quite often. Just one of those things. If TSN was based in Van then it would be all Canucks. I don't think there is any malicious intent on their part.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:53 AM
crazyaces

TBH id rather have Kulemin. Not only will he be cheaper to retain, but he's a player we drafted and developed, and also he has rarely been injured in his time here. Bolland worries me. Yeah the tendon tear was a fluke, but if this guys backdoesn't hold up than you're sitting on a 5-7 year contract @ $5M+ a year and him on the IR. Would rather just recoup the draft picks we gave up for him and move on!

crazyaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Prophet Kadri

Oh hell no, Bolland for 5 million? Can we just buy out Clarkson so that his contract is not used as a negotiating point?

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:54 AM
daveleaf

He's still a valuable player that accepts any role he is put in and is a good team guy. Seems to have been getting back his scoring touch as of late since he started shooting the puck again. I like him, I believe he is a valuable player. I hope DN would just resign him since it would be nice to have some veteran leadership on the team. I believe Bolland has more trade value but just my opinion.

Old
02-27-2014, 09:57 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet Kadri View Post
Oh hell no, Bolland for 5 million? Can we just buy out Clarkson so that his contract is not used as a negotiating point?
his contract doesnt matter, Bolland brings nothing similar to Clarkson to the Leafs.

...the comparable on the Leafs is our 1st line center at 4.2 ...our 3rd line center cant make more than our 1st, (or 2nd) line center.

Old
02-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Nazemlupul

vCash: 50
I have a strange feeling leafs are going to deal Kulemin for a winger, sign Bolland to play second line center, move Kadri and for defense, and keep holland around for the third line spot. Leafs want both their top 6 centers to be good defensively.

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:01 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
for
Pens are trading the better players, who are also not UFAs, and add the pick? Value aside though, there is absolutely no interest in Bolland whatsoever.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:02 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
I have a strange feeling leafs are going to deal Kulemin for a winger, sign Bolland to play second line center, move Kadri and for defense, and keep holland around for the third line spot. Leafs want both their top 6 centers to be good defensively.
Kadri could play wing, might be a better spot for him long term. Bolland is a valuable player. Not sure he could hack being a 2nd line guy all the time, the history shows it. Chi wouldn't be looking for a second line centre all this time and trade Bolland if he could fill the void. He can give you minutes there but not a whole season.

Old
02-27-2014, 10:02 AM
orby

I don't see it happening for the Pens. They'll go after him in the offseason after Jokinen walks. As it stands, they'd be ill-served to lose the assets it'd take to get Kulemin and he wouldn't really solve any problems. He would not play right wing on the first line, and that's the number one area of need for Pittsburgh at the moment.

orby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orby View Post
I don't see it happening for the Pens. They'll go after him in the offseason after Jokinen walks. As it stands, they'd be ill-served to lose the assets it'd take to get Kulemin and he wouldn't really solve any problems. He would not play right wing on the first line, and that's the number one area of need for Pittsburgh at the moment.

perfectly stated.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:06 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Pens are trading the better players, who are also not UFAs, and add the pick? Value aside though, there is absolutely no interest in Bolland whatsoever.

its your typical idea on this board that doesn't make sense. What else do you expect?

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Nazemlupul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Kadri could play wing, might be a better spot for him long term. Bolland is a valuable player. Not sure he could hack being a 2nd line guy all the time, the history shows it. Chi wouldn't be looking for a second line centre all this time and trade Bolland if he could fill the void. He can give you minutes there but not a whole season.
Kadri has been terrible on the wing, his skill is better suited down the middle.
Eastern conference is more easy on the body then the west, it hasn't surprised me that Bolland has been more productive in the east.

Not saying I wanna see it happen. I love Kadri, but I have a strange feeling this is what Nonis is up to.

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
Not really. Matt Finn is going to be a stud NHL'er when he makes it. He is killing it in junior this season. He's probably a year or 2 away from prime time.

He's got top 4 written all over him. Our D with Phaneuf, Gleason, Rielly, Finn (future) is pretty bright. Plus we have more D prospects on their way. It's definitely a strong point in the organization.

Stats01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:11 AM
IcedCapp
You're wrong. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
Swap for Niskanen?

Something around Kulemin + Franson for Niskanen + Despres
adding Franson and Despres just puts this way off the rails.

Kulemin and a little extra for Niskanen.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
IcedCapp
You're wrong. :(

every time Kulemin to the Pens comes up Leafs fans need this reminder:

Kulemin and Bolland are UFAs. The Pens players you are asking for are not only comparable (and in some cases better) but are also NOT UFAs. I don't mind valuing your players highly, but at least come armed with common sense and a basic understanding of how UFAs and RFAs/signed players generally differ in value. Thanks!

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by orby View Post
try to make a bigger deal and get Lupul then ...and Kulemin too if you like.
though in a Lupul deal Bennett would be the likely target, but, Pitt would need to add salary to get under the cap. (not to mention, may not want to trade a decent forward prospect)