HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nikolai Kulemin likely to be traded.

Old
02-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Cotton*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
How does that even work?

Other GM: "Oh hey there Nonis buddy ol pal, how do you feel about that deal for Kulemin we talked about last week?"

Nonis: "Oh uh, this is awkward. Have you seen that tweet from TSN sportswriter Darren Dreger?"

Other GM: "Indeed I have not."

Nonis: "Well yeah, I'm uh, kind of looking for more now. It said so right in the tweet."

Other GM: "How incredibly amateur of me! Neal + Despres, final offer!"

*Nonis and Dreger high five*
^Funniest post I've read in a long time

Cotton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
every time Kulemin to the Pens comes up Leafs fans need this reminder:

Kulemin and Bolland are UFAs. The Pens players you are asking for are not only comparable (and in some cases better) but are also NOT UFAs. I don't mind valuing your players highly, but at least come armed with common sense and a basic understanding of how UFAs and RFAs/signed players generally differ in value. Thanks!

I highly doubt that, you should see some posters talking about Bolland's asking price as a done deal. The common sense meter doesn't reach the top with some. The word "negotiation" is not in their vocabulary. I'm a Leaf fan but I have to admit we have some bozos

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Christ

As a Toronto fan I would be sorry to see him go. His two way play is excellent, especially in the defensive end. Not sure what happened to him offensively. The year he scored 30 he looked like he could do so year after year...they were not fluky goals. Suddenly he stopped shooting from scoring location with the frequency he used to and now I would be shocked to see him hit 15 goals. He still possesses a very good shot and scores some beautiful goals with it. Not a player I would move from a TO standpoint but I am guessing this move would be for cap purposes.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:26 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

For those who aren't familiar with him, we've also learned he's a pretty good center as well.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:27 AM
hockey_nut

Is there a link or anything on this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Renegade

Picks or prospect for him. Otherwise bring him back @ 3.2M or so.

We have players in the system that can replace Kulemin eventually.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:35 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

I think Sundqvist is the prospect Toronto should target here. Kulemin for Sundqvist+2nd.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Cotton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I highly doubt that, you should see some posters talking about Bolland's asking price as a done deal. The common sense meter doesn't reach the top with some. The word "negotiation" is not in their vocabulary. I'm a Leaf fan but I have to admit we have some bozos
Every fan base does, we just happen to have a larger fan base then any other team by a large margin which, statistically speaking, would mean we have more "bozos" then any other teams fan base as well.

Regardless, Kulemin is the kind of player Pits needs and many want, evidenced by their last couple post seasons. You need a winger for Crosby? Kulemin can slot in on any line and not look out of place, he's smart along the boards, will go to the net, works the PK, has a good shot, hits and is a team first guy who is Lucic like strong.

If you think he wouldn't be able to pull a Despres or Sutter then you have no comprehension of trade value. He wont make it to the open market, Toronto will either trade him or sign him, and wherever he's traded to if he is, he'll sign there. Pit's only real chance is if they trade for him, and you have to give up something of value to get value, he brings intangibles that far outweigh his offensive production... yet, we also know he's capable of potting 20.

Old
02-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

He is not the type of winger that's needed for Crosby's line and if the required return is Despres or especially Sutter I'm fine with the Pens not trading for him. He'll either make it to the open market or he won't.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:17 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
He is not the type of winger that's needed for Crosby's line and if the required return is Despres or especially Sutter I'm fine with the Pens not trading for him. He'll either make it to the open market or he won't.
Funny thing is, I could see Ray and DB thinking of him as a Dupuis replacement.

He could work fine with Sid. It's not like we have a whole lot of options there outside of Bennett. Kule can at least hold onto pucks and work the corners where Gibbons would get terrorized in the playoffs against top pairing D-men.

Ideally, we'd pick him up and he's a utility player until Bennett is back.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

He could work fine with Sid but if the asked for return is Sutter or Despres they could find someone who would work better and/or isn't a UFA. Particularly in Sutter's case. The third line is already a shambles, no sense making it worse.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:25 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
Is there a link or anything on this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Its from last nights "TSN Drive" on TSN1050. I believe it was hour 2.

EDIT

Heres my summation from last night with the link

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/dregerfeb26drive.mp3

- "very good chance Kulemin is moved - - - highly sought after - - - Nonis OK with keeping him and losing him in free agency - - - Quasi significant value in return if moved"

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:25 AM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
^Funniest post I've read in a long time
really?

I feel bad for your sense of humor.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:31 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
He could work fine with Sid but if the asked for return is Sutter or Despres they could find someone who would work better and/or isn't a UFA. Particularly in Sutter's case. The third line is already a shambles, no sense making it worse.
They're not getting Sutter or Despres. I'd have no interest in moving either for Kule.

A D-man like Bort, sure.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:32 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Bolland at 5M

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:36 AM
TOML

Don't understand why TO would want to get rid of him if they're in the playoff hunt.

Don't understand why there would be good offers for him if he's a UFA in the summer.

Don't understand Dreger most days other than his modus operandi is to boost everything TO-related.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:37 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four1 Lead View Post
Kulemin is a pending UFA and will likely demand around $4M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
I love to get a 1st for him, or 2nd+sorta decent forward prospect.

$4M... 1st... for an average 3rd-line winger?

He had one fluke season 3 years ago and otherwise doesn't net 20 goals. If he played in any other market, he'd be a no-name.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Kulemin for Sutter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Kule + Bolland + Conditional pick
for
Sutter + Despres/Harrington + 3rd
So you took a deal that was already in TOR's favor (Sutter as a RFA >>> Rental of Kulemin), and then you add Despres who is a significant overpayment for a rental of Bolland?

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:40 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

He had one fluke season 3 years ago and otherwise doesn't net 20 goals. If he played in any other market, he'd be a no-name.
He's not an average 3rd line winger, hes one of the best in that regard

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Don't understand why TO would want to get rid of him if they're in the playoff hunt.

Don't understand why there would be good offers for him if he's a UFA in the summer.

Don't understand Dreger most days other than his modus operandi is to boost everything TO-related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

Agree 100% that moving Kulemin seems to be a really questionable decision based on there current play-off position, espeically for the type of trade value that most would think that he currently has (2nd round DP & a prospect/suspect). This seems to be the case with several other UFA's as well (Callahan, Girardi).

I do think that people will need to "rebaseline" their salary expectations for UFA's. With a $70M cap, a 21 man roster's average salary is $3.3M per player. Many posters seem to not take the "inflation factor" into account when trying to evaluate new contracts. That still doesn't mean that Bolland shouldn't catch some grief looking for a 7 years $5+M contract.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Every fan base does, we just happen to have a larger fan base then any other team by a large margin which, statistically speaking, would mean we have more "bozos" then any other teams fan base as well.

Regardless, Kulemin is the kind of player Pits needs and many want, evidenced by their last couple post seasons. You need a winger for Crosby? Kulemin can slot in on any line and not look out of place, he's smart along the boards, will go to the net, works the PK, has a good shot, hits and is a team first guy who is Lucic like strong.

If you think he wouldn't be able to pull a Despres or Sutter then you have no comprehension of trade value.
He wont make it to the open market, Toronto will either trade him or sign him, and wherever he's traded to if he is, he'll sign there. Pit's only real chance is if they trade for him, and you have to give up something of value to get value, he brings intangibles that far outweigh his offensive production... yet, we also know he's capable of potting 20.
He won't bring a RFA in Sutter - from anyone. And he won't bring a RFA in Despres from the Pens - and likely wouldn't from other teams either. People seem to really underrate Despres because he's in the AHL. Kulemin could bring a earlyish pick and a meh type prospect that Nonis is high on or whatnot. If that's your expectation of a fair return for a pending UFA in Kulemin, then you're more than welcome to keep him. Pens will (hopefully) take a shot at him as a FA if he makes it. If not, c'est la vie. There's other players out there.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Cotton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
He won't bring a RFA in Sutter - from anyone. And he won't bring a RFA in Despres from the Pens - and likely wouldn't from other teams either. People seem to really underrate Despres because he's in the AHL. Kulemin could bring a earlyish pick and a meh type prospect that Nonis is high on or whatnot. If that's your expectation of a fair return for a pending UFA in Kulemin, then you're more than welcome to keep him. Pens will (hopefully) take a shot at him as a FA if he makes it. If not, c'est la vie. There's other players out there.
GM's don't live in a bubble, they are aware of who they are trading for, style/production/capabilities/potential/family life/ personality ect. Kulemin isn't a gamble and his UFA status isn't even a problem, he'll sign, and truth be told he'd probably sign a favorable contract to play with Malkin, they have a long history together. Shero already knows all this, and he knows what he has in Sutter and Despres, one's a safe 3c two-way player and the other is a question mark with some potential and hype. Neither is really worth Kulemin and personally I wouldn't want either in a trade, we have enough defensive prospects and Sutter isn't an upgrade over our 3c. I agree without being signed it wouldn't happen, I just disagree that Kulemin isn't worth that package.

Nonis is fine keeping him, and if not there are a ton of other trading partners. But Pittsburgh does need a Kulemin type player, it's not even a question.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:24 PM
lippinANDdippin7

What about kulemin for dumoulin

lippinANDdippin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Most he brings back is a mid/late 1st... maybe an additonal 3rd with it... can't see more than that to be honest.

He is a dime a dozen player... effective/good player but not one worth paying the nose for, espically in a matter of months you can get him potentially for free.

Buckets and Gloves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Would really like to keep him.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote