HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils are Buyers

Old
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
I think it would be a monumental mistake for you guys to move your 2015 first round pick. No offense but I see your team taking a step backwards if anything next year.
as long as they have Schneider and this defense they won't be bad enough to be on the level of Buffalo, Calgary, etc.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:10 PM
bigbabybuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
as long as they have Schneider and this defense they won't be bad enough to be on the level of Buffalo, Calgary, etc.
I'll agree with you about Calgary for sure but I see Buffalo as a lot quicker turn around than most. I'm very bullish on Reinhart, I think he is grossly under rated (even as a number 1 potential pick) and if they get him and add a couple pieces via free agency/trades I think they could be decent as soon as next year. Anyhow my point is for a team that I feel even if they make the playoffs won't really go anywhere I would not be giving up the possibility of a top 5 pick in the 2015 draft. I love the quality in that draft. and yes I like your D and Goal-tending but I still like Bernier more .

bigbabybuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Flawed logic. Buffalo is horrible and they have one of the best goalies in the world and a decent defense. Just imagine how NJ will look if Jagr leaves and Elias retires, and they can't replace them with guys who are at least just as good. It is a defense first game, but its hard to win when your team doesn't score goals.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM
MichaelJ

The Devils likely won't get the #1 pick next year. It could be traded for a young forward , which would be as good as drafting someone with the pick. I don't agree with this thinking that the Devils would have NO 1st round picks for 3 straight years if the pick is moved in a deal for someone like Evander Kane.

2013 - Schneider (franchise goalie)
2014 - No pick (big mistake)
2015 - Kane (franchise forward)

As long as the picks are traded for top players who can be with the organization for years , it's better use of the pick to move it rather than draft an unknown.

MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:18 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Flawed logic. Buffalo is horrible and they have one of the best goalies in the world and a decent defense. Just imagine how NJ will look if Jagr leaves and Elias retires, and they can't replace them with guys who are at least just as good. It is a defense first game, but its hard to win when your team doesn't score goals.
Elias has 2 years left and the Devils have caproom and assets to trade. No reason they can't be a contender next year .

Old
02-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Kensu

vCash: 63
Quote:
Buffalo's defense let in 30 more goals than compared to us, it's not that decent.

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:21 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
If I was Lou, I would move Zidlicky to a contender looking for a scoring defensemen that may have a scoring winger of interest to Lou. Give more responsibility to Merrill and Gelinas. This way we aren't giving up draft picks or young away youth.
To TBL for Connolly.

Old
02-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Buffalo's defense blows ass. they give up 34.2 shots/game (28th in the NHL)

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Aslong as we have Cory + This defense.... we wont be worse then Buff/Calgary

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:44 PM
bigbabybuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
The Devils likely won't get the #1 pick next year. It could be traded for a young forward , which would be as good as drafting someone with the pick. I don't agree with this thinking that the Devils would have NO 1st round picks for 3 straight years if the pick is moved in a deal for someone like Evander Kane.

2013 - Schneider (franchise goalie)
2014 - No pick (big mistake)
2015 - Kane (franchise forward)

As long as the picks are traded for top players who can be with the organization for years , it's better use of the pick to move it rather than draft an unknown.
This line of thinking has been shown time and time again to fail.

Kane is not a franchise forward.

bigbabybuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 02:19 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
This line of thinking has been shown time and time again to fail.

Kane is not a franchise forward.
Kane is a former 4th overall pick that has developed into 30 goal scoring power forward. He's also developed for 5 years. Why would the Jets trade him away for anything other than Mcdavid?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote