HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moving to Nashville

Old
01-14-2014, 01:37 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Moving to Nashville

Hey all, I'm finally going to move down to Nashville soon since my divorce is final. My house goes on the market next week up here in Bowling Green. For the time being I want to live on the north side of town so I can commute to Bowling Green for work until I find a job closer. Has anyone lived in the Goodlettsville/Hendersonville apartments and have any recommendations? Looks like I may consider Preston Run/Piccadilly/Monthaven. This will only be for a year I hope and then I will either have a job closer and move more permanent or decide it isn't for me and move back. I mainly want something near I65 and will be safe and fairly reasonable rates, if that's even possible. Thanks for any input.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:36 PM
PFL615

I haven't lived in the apartments in any of the areas you mention but i have been a Nashville resident since birth.

Based on what you describe i would try White House, Portland, and Hendersonville.
Hendersonville is not on I-65 but it has great access from Vietnam Veterans.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Hey all, I'm finally going to move down to Nashville soon since my divorce is final. My house goes on the market next week up here in Bowling Green. For the time being I want to live on the north side of town so I can commute to Bowling Green for work until I find a job closer. Has anyone lived in the Goodlettsville/Hendersonville apartments and have any recommendations? Looks like I may consider Preston Run/Piccadilly/Monthaven. This will only be for a year I hope and then I will either have a job closer and move more permanent or decide it isn't for me and move back. I mainly want something near I65 and will be safe and fairly reasonable rates, if that's even possible. Thanks for any input.
Google Plus Reviews of Monthaven

Picadilly Reviews on Google +

and no one has reviewed the Preston Run Apartments complex

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:02 PM
jntarheels

vCash: 444
Monthaven is nice, I have had several friends who have lived there before buying a house.

Preston Run is nicer and newer and would probably be in a better location for you to be able to jump on to 65 North everyday. Near enough to grocery/drug/convenience stores, but off the main street so you won't be stuck in traffic all the time.

Also, I am a big fan of the Retreat at Dry Creek. It is a smaller community over on Dickerson Pike in Goodlettsville, but is probably the newest of the possibilities that you are looking at,

All would be good options!

jntarheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I would be all over Hendersonville if Vietnam Veterans joined I-65 NORTH, instead of just south. Minor inconvenience but still seems pretty stupid.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:19 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntarheels View Post

Also, I am a big fan of the Retreat at Dry Creek. It is a smaller community over on Dickerson Pike in Goodlettsville, but is probably the newest of the possibilities that you are looking at,

All would be good options!
Wow, thanks for that. That is considerably cheaper than the other options and looks very nice and convenient for my needs. I was also considering looking around centennial park because a friend said there are duplex's around there for like $650ish per month which is well in my price range. That would only be if I feel like moving into town right away. Thanks for the replies.

Old
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Nashville Transplant

Someone needs to put some fresh chlorine in the gene pool around Rivergate... I've seen some things... LOL

Nashville Transplant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

If you haven't already, I'd check out/post about that in this forum on another site. Probably pretty useful.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/nashville/

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:35 PM
PFL615

Quote:
I would be all over Hendersonville if Vietnam Veterans joined I-65 NORTH, instead of just south. Minor inconvenience but still seems pretty stupid.
It does my brother jump off at conference drive in rivergate go north a few lights and you can get on 65N

Old
01-14-2014, 05:48 PM
jntarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
It does my brother jump off at conference drive in rivergate go north a few lights and you can get on 65N
I think he was talking more of direct on and off ramp to 65 north of Rivergate from Vietnam Veterans.
As someone who works in that area, I can tell you from my daily experience that Conference Drive and Long Hollow Pike can be as frustrating as watching a Pred's game!! It would be nice to have a direct connection to and from that side of 65, but I don't see it happening anytime soon!!

Old
01-14-2014, 05:52 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I think he was talking more of direct on and off ramp to 65 north of Rivergate from Vietnam Veterans.
As someone who works in that area, I can tell you from my daily experience that Conference Drive and Long Hollow Pike can be as frustrating as watching a Pred's game!! It would be nice to have a direct connection to and from that side of 65, but I don't see it happening anytime soon!!
Yes I meant a direct ramp. I can see it getting frustrating constantly going around conference drive. Not sure how much time it would add to commute.

Old
01-14-2014, 05:52 PM
PFL615

Quote:
The man is SINGLE and Hendersonville is full of hot women and places to go. Would you not overlook that minor inconvence of maybe 10 min of your day?

Old
01-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
The man is SINGLE and Hendersonville is full of hot women and places to go. Would you not overlook that minor inconvence of maybe 10 min of your day?
sold!

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 06:12 PM
jntarheels

Quote:
In that case, Hendersonville is the place to be!! But don't just go to Monthaven... Go all the way to the apartments over on Indian Lake! Not a cost efficient option, but it will defnitely put you in the middle of all the hot spots!

Old
01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Hot women you say? Why didn't someone speak up earlier?!?!?! Hell I'm 31 years old, no kids and freshly single. Looking for a whole new life.

Old
01-14-2014, 06:32 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Hot women you say? Why didn't someone speak up earlier?!?!?! Hell I'm 31 years old, no kids and freshly single. Looking for a whole new life.
Hendersonville is one of the nicer cities in Middle TN. It has parks, tons of restaurants, bars, tons of lake water access, and shopping. I can't even explain how crawling with women it is as well.

Old
01-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Smilodon

I'll vouch for Hendersonville too. Great city. No offense to anyone in Portland or White House (they're nice small towns), but if you live there, you're going to be driving to Hendersonville, Goodlettsville/Rivergate, or Nashville when you're ready to go out and do something.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 08:18 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I'll honestly put Goodlettsville first on my list though I think because of ease of hitting 65 North. Then when I get situated and find a new job in Nashville I can be a little more picky about where I live.

Old
01-16-2014, 03:33 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Good grief, y'all make H'Vegas sound like some big time city, lol.

Like every city, it has its ups and downs, but I do love living here so I vote for Hendersonville.

If you or anyone do decide on Hendersonville, welcome to the neighborhood!

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Legionnaire11

Hendersonville! I've lived ALL over Middle Tennessee and Hendersonville is hands down the best place i've been. The access to 65N isn't a big deal unless you go that way into/out of work in rush hour every day. Outside of rush hour, traffic is very, very light. The majority of people don't really have a reason to go that way since everything you need to go to is south. Is it weird and annoying that they didn't plan that out very well? of course, but it's still so much better living here than any other part of town.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Kel0906

I guess I am the only one not a fan of Hendersonville. My husband lived there all his life until he was 28, I don't think Indian Lake is all that great. I do agree Monthaven is nice.

I live in Greenbrier, and work in Portland. 65N doesn't have any traffic in the morning so you don't have to worry about any of that.

What about Piccadilly Apartments in Gville?

Kel0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel0906 View Post
I guess I am the only one not a fan of Hendersonville. My husband lived there all his life until he was 28, I don't think Indian Lake is all that great. I do agree Monthaven is nice.

I live in Greenbrier, and work in Portland. 65N doesn't have any traffic in the morning so you don't have to worry about any of that.

I'm not huge on Hendersonville either but if it's necessary to be north of town then it's as good a place to pick as any I suppose. It isn't bad, but from the posts on this thread it sounds like everyone is confusing Hendersonville with Cool Springs.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 12:54 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

Yeah, Piccadilly is a consideration for sure. Along with Preston Run and Retreat at Dry Creek. Still will consider Monthaven as well.

Old
01-18-2014, 02:27 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:

I thought I was the only one up here.

I lived in the apartments close to the 3rd Vietnam Veterans exit. They have changed names since then, but they were pretty nice.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 07:25 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Also found a place in the Hermitage area called "Oakwell Farms?" I think. Anyone heard any actual stories from people they know?