HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

Old
06-20-2014, 06:04 PM
NLHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
Maybe your right he might get a little less but did notice him trying to jump in the play and try to help offensively. He is decent skater and has good shot he might get some PP time on the second wave if Cube ever retires...lol
Well he isn't done developing yet and he could improve that area of his game still. And I did notice when I watched him in the AHL that he jumped into the play more often than I expected.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 07:01 PM
dcyhabs

Murray is not coming back. Have to hope Bouillon won't be back. Beaulieu has to be a lock to start in Montreal this year, at least until his PDO drops and opposing teams score a bit while he's out there; this year other teams just did not score while he was on the ice. He's ridiculously ahead of all other habs players in goals against/60 playing a small number of sheltered minutes. Have to see if he holds up with less luck and less sheltering.

Tinordi may take longer. He's at least comparable to Bouillon and Murray though not as intimidating as Murray. He doesn't need to be as sheltered as Murray and at least MT won't overuse him the way he massively overplayed Bouillon. The problem is all three of these guys ranked very badly among NHL D-men this year, the positive is that Tinordi is improving rapidly while the other two are slowing down. There's hope.

Pateryn may make the jump or he may be a career AHLer. He has a size advantage in other leagues but not in the NHL and he may not be able to compensate. He needs to be faster and he's pretty old to gain speed. He's pretty old to make the NHL at this point, too, years older than the other two. He'd be a decent 7th but he'd have to have an amazing camp to win a starting role. Beaulieu is 21, Tinordi 22, and Pateryn is 24.

Have to hope for some development from one or more of the other D prospects over the next year or three. Tinordi should make the team this year, but with his size it will be another 2-3 years before anyone should even bring up losing patience with him. Most NHL D should make the team in their early 20's but the big guys can take longer.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 07:07 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
Tinordi will be a top 4 Dman. He will be good defensively and he will be ok offensively. He will be a physical presence and he will protect his teammates. When he is a regular in the NHL I see him getting around 30 to 35 pts and a plus player on our team. We've been looking for D like Tinordi for awhile now and he will be exactly what we need.
Offensively, the most I can see out him produce is around 20 points a season. Pretty much around Emelin's offensive output. Hopefully, his defensive game will be better than Emelin's

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivuN View Post
Offensively, the most I can see out him produce is around 20 points a season. Pretty much around Emelin's offensive output. Hopefully, his defensive game will be better than Emelin's
With his size, he could get a lot of PP points once he fills out and gets a heavy shot like guys like Weber Souray and Chara. None of those guys have a ton of offensive skill but they put up points at the NHL level.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 09:13 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf27 View Post
Beaulieu and Tinordi will never develop quickly and more likely to regress under MT.
care to elaborate ? Regress like Norris winning subban ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Well ... they're not really being given a chance to develop under MT. Then again, there are those who claim Lefebvre is mediocre, so they're all between a rock and hard place. Difficult to fathom with Bergevin's Confederacy of Sidekicks that are supposed to be sound hockey people -- certainly, if development wasn't properly attended to, someone would have spoken up by now.

However, Therrien is not a development coach, he's a play-my-veterans-at-all-costs kind of guy.
not if they whine (beaulieu) or if they are inconsistent (Tinordi). They have work to do on their own until the one way gate opens up for them. Happy beaulieu stayed down when he acted like a primadona in Hamilton. And tinordi did play like crap a couple of times ... its not like its going to help his confidence to keep him up playing like that and getting flacked ... you think he doesn't know when he plays bad ?

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 11:51 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Murray is not coming back. Have to hope Bouillon won't be back. Beaulieu has to be a lock to start in Montreal this year, at least until his PDO drops and opposing teams score a bit while he's out there; this year other teams just did not score while he was on the ice. He's ridiculously ahead of all other habs players in goals against/60 playing a small number of sheltered minutes. Have to see if he holds up with less luck and less sheltering.

Tinordi may take longer. He's at least comparable to Bouillon and Murray though not as intimidating as Murray. He doesn't need to be as sheltered as Murray and at least MT won't overuse him the way he massively overplayed Bouillon. The problem is all three of these guys ranked very badly among NHL D-men this year, the positive is that Tinordi is improving rapidly while the other two are slowing down. There's hope.

Pateryn may make the jump or he may be a career AHLer. He has a size advantage in other leagues but not in the NHL and he may not be able to compensate. He needs to be faster and he's pretty old to gain speed. He's pretty old to make the NHL at this point, too, years older than the other two. He'd be a decent 7th but he'd have to have an amazing camp to win a starting role. Beaulieu is 21, Tinordi 22, and Pateryn is 24.

Have to hope for some development from one or more of the other D prospects over the next year or three. Tinordi should make the team this year, but with his size it will be another 2-3 years before anyone should even bring up losing patience with him. Most NHL D should make the team in their early 20's but the big guys can take longer.
Pateryn is certainly NHL material.

He did good with us.
Improved on offense beyond expectation last season (anyone expecting these numbers after his NCAA stint).

Big size, can skate, need to improve on his first pass, can PK and PP.

I see him ahead of Drewiske.

Now in our team, he is behind PK, Markov, Gorges and Emelin.
To be ahead of Emelin, he would need to throw more/harder hits (also AE offense is still better even if Alexei did not had opportunities to show it).
Gorges is still a better d-men (and he was at the same age).

Beaulieu is clearly ahead of him but he will be ahead of Gorges and Emelin by the end of next season.

We need to see where Pateryn will be.
You may not have seen this but next season he will receive AHL pay but the following one, he is having a one way contract.
He is the only players in the Habs organization to have this priviledge.

Maybe MB borrowed this from Chicago who did the same for Runblad, Leblanc...

The idea is to say to the player: we want you to continue to play top minutes and we do believe in you so we are going to pay the same amount even if you play in AHL.
If Habs do not offer that, Pateryn goes UFA.

One thing for sure, this is a very rare case in AHL to see a one way contract. Especially at his age.
For now, we have one player with one way contract next season: Drewiske.
In 2015-16, Pateryn and Tokarski will both get one way contract (same pay in AHL as NHL).
Tokarski and Pateryn in the same pool... That is saying something.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
With his size, he could get a lot of PP points once he fills out and gets a heavy shot like guys like Weber Souray and Chara. None of those guys have a ton of offensive skill but they put up points at the NHL level.
I'm not sure he will ever have a booming shot like the guys you mentioned. It's not because he's big that he'll have that power. Plenty of big Dmen in the NHL that have weak shots. I certainly hope so, but wouldn't bet on it.
However, I don't think he has a bad shot either, and I think he's a good skater for his size, so I could see him put up some points.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 12:51 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
not if they whine (beaulieu) or if they are inconsistent (Tinordi). They have work to do on their own until the one way gate opens up for them. Happy beaulieu stayed down when he acted like a primadona in Hamilton. And tinordi did play like crap a couple of times ... its not like its going to help his confidence to keep him up playing like that and getting flacked ... you think he doesn't know when he plays bad ?
Where is the actual proof that Beaulieu whined? What did he say?
You expect your inexperienced kids to be consistent right off the bat?
Tinordi and Beaulieu will have bad games, every youngster goes through it, even superstars. That's normal. It's inevitable. There was no real rush to bring them up last year, at least for Tinordi, Beaulieu could have been here since the Olympic getting experience because Bouillon and Murray were not better options and he was ready.

Next year, they absolutely should be with us.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 12:59 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Where is the actual proof that Beaulieu whined? What did he say?
You expect your inexperienced kids to be consistent right off the bat?
Tinordi and Beaulieu will have bad games, every youngster goes through it, even superstars. That's normal. It's inevitable. There was no real rush to bring them up last year, at least for Tinordi, Beaulieu could have been here since the Olympic getting experience because Bouillon and Murray were not better options and he was ready.

Next year, they absolutely should be with us.
Agreed, and I think it would have made this upcoming season easier to transition in Tinordi with Beaulieu more accustomed to the speed of the game. Now you face the challenge of possibly transitioning two rookies at once. Because of that I feel one of them will start the year in Hamilton (not saying it is a bad thing). Beaulieu is the safer bet to make the team with the need of an offensive D. I see Tinordi as the eventual replacement for Gorges role: primary shutdown dman.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 01:53 AM
DAChampion

Unfortunately, I expect that Bergevin will sign additional depth d-men this year. Beaulieu will be 8th on the depth chart, and Tinordi will be 9th.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 02:02 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Bouillon can still play and give good services to other teams.
But with Pateryn, Nygren, Beaulieu and Tinordi in the pipeline, we have no place for him.

To be frank, he is better than Drewiske and Murray.

But you have to look at their usage in PO.
Beaulieu took Murray's place.
Bouillon came in when Emelin was out of the line-up (injured?) and Beaulieu kept his spot.
I have just the feeling that tow of Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn and Nygren will be top-6 when next PO are coming.

Many posters are complaining about MT using young players.
But he did put Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Bournival in the line-up.

He also used Tinordi and Beaulieu in PO.
I guess that they will be part of the line-up next year.
The two unknown are Nygren and Pateryn...

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Are you kidding me ? It might be true for Souray but the other two have outstanding vision and Chara is awesome in front of the net, this adds in to your already full "I don't know what I'm saying" trash bin.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 10:32 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25get View Post
Bouillon can still play and give good services to other teams.
But with Pateryn, Nygren, Beaulieu and Tinordi in the pipeline, we have no place for him.

To be frank, he is better than Drewiske and Murray.

But you have to look at their usage in PO.
Beaulieu took Murray's place.
Bouillon came in when Emelin was out of the line-up (injured?) and Beaulieu kept his spot.
I have just the feeling that tow of Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn and Nygren will be top-6 when next PO are coming.

Many posters are complaining about MT using young players.
But he did put Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Bournival in the line-up.

He also used Tinordi and Beaulieu in PO.
I guess that they will be part of the line-up next year.
The two unknown are Nygren and Pateryn...
...Beaulieu didn't take Murray's place, Therrien alternated Bouillon, Murray & Beaulieu (more Bouillon than Murray or Beau) until Emelin went down in the final two games of the Ranger series, when he played Bouillon & Beaulieu, Bouillon more...Tinordi didn't get one damn sniff of playoff time this year, despite playing well in last year's playoff series with Ottawa and playing better than both Murray and Bouillon this year (when he actually got to play)...the only way Therrien stops relying on his old, broken-down pet vets on defence when things get even the slightest bit rough on the rooks is if Bergevin refuses to resign them (and by them, I mostly mean Bouillon!!)...this needs to be Beaulieu's and Tinordi's year to make an impact on the Big Club...and we can throw Pateryn & Nygren in there as well, although I can see Nygren being just a trade piece in a bigger move, since he won't go to Hamilton...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Are you kidding me ? It might be true for Souray but the other two have outstanding vision and Chara is awesome in front of the net, this adds in to your already full "I don't know what I'm saying" trash bin.
Before Chara was in front of the net he played on the point for years. But don't let the facts get in your way...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote