HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2014, 04:17 AM
  #51
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Maybe therrien is giving some young guys time off their off wing to give them some experience at the nhl with it as they will be better prepared later in their careers should they be called upon again one day to play there. Nurturing versatility.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:20 AM
  #52
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
While I am very high on Tinordi, Beaulieu seems much more ready. Jarred struggled last night. Nathan did not struggle in any game he played after his recent call up.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:24 AM
  #53
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
While I am very high on Tinordi, Beaulieu seems much more ready. Jarred struggled last night. Nathan did not struggle in any game he played after his recent call up.
Beaulieu did look good, better overall then Tinordi. Saying this, I still like the fact that they give Tinordi a look. Both are young and will make it sooner then later.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:33 AM
  #54
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,789
vCash: 500
no way tinordi plays with subban right now.

imagine him out there for 20 minutes a night at even strength, and playing top guys??

jeez. he's not there yet.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:39 AM
  #55
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
no way tinordi plays with subban right now.

imagine him out there for 20 minutes a night at even strength, and playing top guys??

jeez. he's not there yet.
Not even close.

I'd definitely rather see Beaulieu up right now, I think he fills a more pressing need (puck moving).

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 04:19 PM
  #56
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Not even close.

I'd definitely rather see Beaulieu up right now, I think he fills a more pressing need (puck moving).
Beaulieu/Murray complimented each other really well, one a puck mover, the other a stay at home D.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 04:22 PM
  #57
Habstract
Registered User
 
Habstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Beaulieu/Murray complimented each other really well, one a puck mover, the other a stay at home D.
I wouldn't qualify Tinordi as a puck mover but can move the puck out of his zone by doing the safe play.

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 05:17 PM
  #58
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Beaulieu did look good, better overall then Tinordi. Saying this, I still like the fact that they give Tinordi a look. Both are young and will make it sooner then later.
I think this is pretty much the consensus. Tinordi has shown some nice
stuff, and I understand why fans are getting excited. But I think his kind of
player gains more from playing a lot of minutes in the AHL. Beaulieu may gain
more by discovering what he can, or cannot do, in the NHL. And I thought
Beaulieu looked very comfortable on the right side, making for a natural spot
alongside Murray.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 01:46 PM
  #59
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,567
vCash: 500
What did you guys think of Therrien's decision to not dress Tinordi against Taranna?

At the post-game PC following the Jackets game, MT was asked about Tinordi's gaffe by a 690 staffer, and his answer seemed reassuring, that he would talk to him the next day, I believe he mentioned the fact of being young or inexperienced.

However, between just talking to Tinordi vs. opting to not dress him, is quite the opposite end of the spectrum.

Was it really Tinordi's fault that he was on the ice during the last 5 minutes of a tie game? Or was should the guy behind the bench have had the reflex to play his more experienced Ds? Not dressing Tinordi against Taranna, seems excessive.

As some have remarked, other teams who have their rookies make critical mistakes, have them back in the lineup the next day. Seems like the Habs are operating on a disciplinary system that used to be popular in the 70s, where even non-intentional behavior is dealt with harshly.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:01 PM
  #60
Smoky Thompson
Registered User
 
Smoky Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
What did you guys think of Therrien's decision to not dress Tinordi against Taranna?

At the post-game PC following the Jackets game, MT was asked about Tinordi's gaffe by a 690 staffer, and his answer seemed reassuring, that he would talk to him the next day, I believe he mentioned the fact of being young or inexperienced.

However, between just talking to Tinordi vs. opting to not dress him, is quite the opposite end of the spectrum.

Was it really Tinordi's fault that he was on the ice during the last 5 minutes of a tie game? Or was should the guy behind the bench have had the reflex to play his more experienced Ds? Not dressing Tinordi against Taranna, seems excessive.

As some have remarked, other teams who have their rookies make critical mistakes, have them back in the lineup the next day. Seems like the Habs are operating on a disciplinary system that used to be popular in the 70s, where even non-intentional behavior is dealt with harshly.
After watching his post-game presser following the Columbus game, I was sure Tinordi would be in the lineup vs the Leafs. He kind of answered with "the whole team played bad" when asked about Tinordi's mistake. And he was right, the whole team played pretty bad vs Columbus. The team had no business getting a point. Especially when Therrien had his team defending the tie rather than attempting to win it in regulation.

To see him scratch Tinordi was a piss off though.

First of all, we saw Tinordi man up and willingly talk to the media after the Columbus game. This showed character. Is that not what MB and MT have been preaching since day 1? "Character, Character, Character" and "No Excuses". Tinordi did not come up with any excuses, he said how stupid and costly his mistake was to the media when he could've just not spoken to them.

Therrien could've simply spoken to him and told him how bad his mistake was, but that he likes this and that about his game. Help him continue to build confidence. You think Maatta, Lindholm, Reilly, etc. etc. never make mistakes? I saw a game where Karlsson undressed Maatta and scored. Maatta responded with a very strong performance for the rest of the game.

Second of all, it's one thing to punish a player. It's another to punish your team by dressing a clearly weaker defenseman. Tinordi is far from perfect, but by no means is he worse than Murray. I'd even argue that Tinordi should be playing with Subban in Gorges' absence, but that's besides the point. A coach should focus on icing his best roster, rather than trying to teach a 21 year old a lesson which could've been taught in the ****ing video room.

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:05 PM
  #61
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I would like to see both him and Beaulieu in the lineup together soon.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Gorges-Beaulieu
Murray

-Balance
-Good size
-Great mobility
-rookies aren't over exposed

Thoughts?
I like it.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
  #62
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,213
vCash: 500
47th ranked prospect on HF's top 50

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 02:36 PM
  #63
Guess
Registered User
 
Guess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Is Tinordi faster than Emelin? Our D are getting beat by speed so I'm wondering if Tinordi would be able to replace him in this situation.

Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 03:05 PM
  #64
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
Is Tinordi faster than Emelin? Our D are getting beat by speed so I'm wondering if Tinordi would be able to replace him in this situation.
Are you being funny?

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 03:32 PM
  #65
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 500
Free Tinordi.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 03:59 PM
  #66
Camio
Registered User
 
Camio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
Is Tinordi faster than Emelin? Our D are getting beat by speed so I'm wondering if Tinordi would be able to replace him in this situation.
I remember when Emelin was injured, some people were saying he wasnt that good, that useful.

I remember when Gorges was injured, some people were saying he wasnt that good, that useful.

Camio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 04:02 PM
  #67
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,337
vCash: 50
Emelin is faster/similar speed to Tinordi IMO. Tinordi being 6'6'' is what makes his skating impressive.

Beaulieu definitely needs to stay, he's the fastest of all the D.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 04:38 PM
  #68
HabsTrueBlue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Emelin is faster/similar speed to Tinordi IMO. Tinordi being 6'6'' is what makes his skating impressive.

Beaulieu definitely needs to stay, he's the fastest of all the D.
Tinordi is a faster skater than Emelin. During the latest prospect camp Tinordi beat Beaulieu in some races and lost to him in others. Tinordi's long strides gets him up and down the ice much faster than it seems.

HabsTrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 04:55 PM
  #69
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Emelin is faster/similar speed to Tinordi IMO. Tinordi being 6'6'' is what makes his skating impressive.

Beaulieu definitely needs to stay, he's the fastest of all the D.
Emelin is WAAAAYY slower.

GTFO Emelin.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:37 PM
  #70
FazChenyuk
Registered User
 
FazChenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Tinordi in, Emelin out please. What does Emelin bring that tinordi doesnt besides maybe his heavy hitting?

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:45 PM
  #71
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin
 
AllanMTL46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Country: Canada
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Keep Emelin in. Damn what is it with you guys.....

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:53 PM
  #72
Sebaldian
Registered User
 
Sebaldian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Keep Emelin in. Damn what is it with you guys.....
It's not hard to understand, people just don't like watching Emelin get walked around like he was in game 1. I expect him to be better next game, but I totally understand the frustration.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:58 PM
  #73
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
It's not hard to understand, people just don't like watching Emelin get walked around like he was in game 1. I expect him to be better next game, but I totally understand the frustration.
If Emelin gets put on left side he becomes much more effective. Emelin's best hits always come from the left side and he won't need to pivot against speedy wongers since he will be in his natural position. Swap Emelin with Beaulieu moved to right side. Nate is much more mobile and can handle the transition better.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 09:08 PM
  #74
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Tinordi will not have a roster spot next year because we are SET on having Gorges, Emelin, and Beaulieu as our 3 left-defensemen. He'll replace one of them for injuries and occasional scratches but we seriously don't need more left-handed d-men, thats why Markov is an obvious walk and Tinordi might get traded.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 09:12 PM
  #75
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
::
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Tinordi will not have a roster spot next year because we are SET on having Gorges, Emelin, and Beaulieu as our 3 left-defensemen. He'll replace one of them for injuries and occasional scratches but we seriously don't need more left-handed d-men, thats why Markov is an obvious walk and Tinordi might get traded.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.