HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

Old
06-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I do not see anything wrong with Beaulieu and Tinordi platooning on the third pairing.

You never trade a guy like Tinordi.
Why not?

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Why not?
Size, speed, and physicality. Every team needs a shut-down guy like him.

Of course if the return is outrageous, sure, but that rarely happens.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:48 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
I don't see any issue with him staying in the AHL. He needs to be stone-cold defensively if he wants to see playing time in the NHL. He's not skilled or intimidating enough at this point to make a significant contribution in those areas. He needs to be a shutdown defenceman who can move the puck out of his zone and he struggled with that this year when he was called up.

Don't see any issues letting him bulk up a little, work on his offensive/passing game, and becoming more experienced in the AHL. Doesn't need to be rushed and we don't NEED him right now.
There is nothing wrong with Tinorid spending 3 years if he has to in the AHL. He is still a blue chip prospect and spending a few years in the AHL will only solidify that.

He will only be better because of it. He will have a 15 year career in the NHL instead of a 3 year wash up like Sergei Kostitsyn or Ryan Obyrne if he is rushed.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Why not? (trade him)
When is the last time we had a 6'7 dman with such potential?
(rugged defensive dman with mean streak...also has potential to surprise as and develop into a solid two-way dman...with more time/development/confidence......you just don't trade that...you don't). Tinordi will be a playoff warrior...a shutdown dman who will help Subban...you do not trade Tinordi. Absolutely not. Unless it's a crazy-good offer.

I hope Tinordi is with us till he's 35 or more.
(same with Subban and Price).

p.s.: I'm all for doing the right thing to make Tinordi the best he can be...if that means one more AHL season, then so be it. Whatever is better for Tinordi. Imo, Beaulieu needs one more AHL season to improve his Defense 101...positioning, without the puck. He looks lost out there...defensively. He's gonna be a solid offensive dman (no doubt), but...I would like him to improve his defense.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Tyson

Critical summer for Tinordi and Beaulieu. I expect both to be bigger, more determined.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Brisebois once claimed that, if Tinordi (and this statement could be applied to Beaulieu as well) that, on some teams, Tinordi would already be a NHL regular and he would be playing 20 minutes on the big team...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 09:37 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Brisebois once claimed that, if Tinordi (and this statement could be applied to Beaulieu as well) that, on some teams, Tinordi would already be a NHL regular and he would be playing 20 minutes on the big team...

Yeah he said that this week!!! another comment as well by Dreger....

Dreger: "Tinordi is a guy hockey people outside of Montreal talk about as being a very good defenseman for years to come."

PLEASE DON'T TRADE TINORDI AND BEAULIEU.

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 09:45 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Brisebois has always had a tendency to get over the top when talking about our D prospects ever since he was hired.

To me, a guy like Beaulieu, even when he plays a bad game, you see what he has the potential to be. You see what he can eventually bring to this team. You see why you need to live with his mistakes.

Tinordi? So far he hasn't shown me nearly as much in terms of potential contribution and strengths to his game. Rarely have I seen him make awesome defensive plays, or win important one-on-one battles, or make efficient outlet passes, or even bring intimidation to his game. So it's far less obvious to live with his mistakes.

Not saying we should trade him. I'm all for being patient, especially with a big guy like this. But at this point, I have a hard time entertaining high hopes for this guy.

HiggsBozon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Jrham15

vCash: 303
Did tinordi play again after the mistake he made against columbus?

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 09:55 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I fully expect Tinordi to play the first 40 games in the AHL, same with Beaulieu, unless they make startling progress at Pre-season Camp. They should be playing 1st pairing mins in the AHL, Pateryn & Bennett playing the 2nd pairing mins. with Thrower & Ellis sharing the 3rd pairing minutes with Drewiskie & McIvor.

The Bulldogs have an influx of very good talent, to mix with a veteran defence and great goaltending. They should have a similar type season to what the Habs experienced this year, playoffs are in the offering the Hamilton fans can expect, a Calder maybe, it depends on how the Habs are playing, really!

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 09:59 AM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Bulldogs have an influx of very good talent, to mix with a veteran defence and great goaltending. They should have a similar type season to what the Habs experienced this year, playoffs are in the offering the Hamilton fans can expect, a Calder maybe, it depends on how the Habs are playing, really!
That's what we all say every year. Then the Lefebvre factor comes in. The team loses. Then the Lefebvre defenders come in and say Hamilton had a bad team. Rinse, Repeat

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Universe
Eh?

Bring in Hal Gill. Get him to teach Tinordi to lay on the ice. Penalty kill benefits.

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 10:18 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
I fully expect Tinordi to play the first 40 games in the AHL, same with Beaulieu, unless they make startling progress at Pre-season Camp. They should be playing 1st pairing mins in the AHL,
How much more are they really going to learn down there playing against inferior opposition and with inferior teammates? Beaulieu's ready for a bigger role now. He played fairly well in the playoffs; what more do we need him to show?

I think we should be running PK/AM/AE/JG as our top 4 next year, and a platooning trio of MW/NB/JT as our bottom pair (although on nights we dress both rookies, pair each of them with a vet; i.e. NB+JG, JT+AE). NB & JT should both be getting 40+ NHL games of experience next year, and practicing all year with the big club. They're just not going to develop any further if they don't get battle-tested at some point.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Brisebois has always had a tendency to get over the top when talking about our D prospects ever since he was hired.

To me, a guy like Beaulieu, even when he plays a bad game, you see what he has the potential to be. You see what he can eventually bring to this team. You see why you need to live with his mistakes.

Tinordi? So far he hasn't shown me nearly as much in terms of potential contribution and strengths to his game. Rarely have I seen him make awesome defensive plays, or win important one-on-one battles, or make efficient outlet passes, or even bring intimidation to his game. So it's far less obvious to live with his mistakes.

Not saying we should trade him. I'm all for being patient, especially with a big guy like this. But at this point, I have a hard time entertaining high hopes for this guy.
Tinordi has less "flashy, offensive potential" than Beaulieu, but he is just as intriguing because guys with his size, mobility and physicality are very rare.

To me both these guys are in the conversation as part of the core group on Defense with Subban. If you move one or both, no guarantee you can replace them without a ridiculous UFA overpayment.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I fully expect Tinordi to play the first 40 games in the AHL, same with Beaulieu, unless they make startling progress at Pre-season Camp. They should be playing 1st pairing mins in the AHL, Pateryn & Bennett playing the 2nd pairing mins. with Thrower & Ellis sharing the 3rd pairing minutes with Drewiskie & McIvor.

I think both guys break with the team in October, but they may both play 50-60 NHL games assuming only a few injuries on defense. Obviously if we get major injuries that opens up more games.

Old
06-04-2014, 10:26 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Tinordi has less "flashy, offensive potential" than Beaulieu, but he is just as intriguing because guys with his size, mobility and physicality are very rare.

To me both these guys are in the conversation as part of the core group on Defense with Subban. If you move one or both, no guarantee you can replace them without a ridiculous UFA overpayment.
There's nothing "very rare" about Tinordi's physicality. As for his size, he loses a lot of 1 on 1 battles along the boards... and not always against physically imposing players.

When I look at Tinordi, I see a guy with no mean streak, who reminds me of Hal Gill without the PK prowess. He's still young and can change that, but I have a hard time being excited about him.

HiggsBozon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
There's nothing "very rare" about Tinordi's physicality. As for his size, he loses a lot of 1 on 1 battles along the boards... and not always against physically imposing players.

When I look at Tinordi, I see a guy with no mean streak, who reminds me of Hal Gill without the PK prowess. He's still young and can change that, but I have a hard time being excited about him.
What is rare is his blend of size, mobility and physicality. In terms of his physicality, he isn't yet a finished product at 21, still growing into his body.

Tinordi has a LOT more mean streak than Gill ever did.

Old
06-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Markov4Captain

By the end of next season, I expect both Tinordi and Beaulieu to be in our starting 6. They have nothing more to learn in the AHL. A dark horse seems to be Pateryn, management, especially Brisebois and Bergevin seem to like him a lot. Ditto with Mac Bennett who is still pretty green though.

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Noob616

I don't think Tinordi is really that untouchable. Rare combo doesn't necessarily mean more valuable. If anything he's a guy that might make sense to trade because you'd get an overpayment for him for the same reasons he's being called untouchable.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM
29dryden29

Quote:

I agree with this and to me Tinordi is still showing me what he showed in London which was nothing special. Rumor is Big Joe may be on the move from San Jose if so I say we package off JT a 3rd and something else for him.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I agree with this and to me Tinordi is still showing me what he showed in London which was nothing special. Rumor is Big Joe may be on the move from San Jose if so I say we package off JT a 3rd and something else for him.
No thanks. Maybe a younger Thornton who hasn't had the life sucked out of him by LA, but not a soon to be 35 year old Thornton. Have we learned nothing from the Gomez trade?

Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:22 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
We need to stop trading young upcoming Dman for used up forwards living off their past. We lost the Gomez/McDo trade, we lost the Chelios/Savard trade.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
No thanks. Maybe a younger Thornton who hasn't had the life sucked out of him by LA, but not a soon to be 35 year old Thornton. Have we learned nothing from the Gomez trade?
I would take Joe over Tinordi hands down the guy still is one of the best set up men in the game. Put him at centre on the first line and let him get the puck to Paches or for arguments sake Vanek etc and that is a formidable foe up front.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Quote:
That trade makes no sense. We don't need another center, and are we really in a position to trade youth for a nearly 35 year old? I'm not sure we are.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Willis Jenks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Yeah he said that this week!!! another comment as well by Dreger....

Dreger: "Tinordi is a guy hockey people outside of Montreal talk about as being a very good defenseman for years to come."

PLEASE DON'T TRADE TINORDI AND BEAULIEU.
Don Cherry was also hyping him up during the Rangers series when the camera showed him walking into the arena with Pk.

Willis Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote