HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

View Poll Results: What will Tinordi become?
Top 2 6 3.37%
Top 4 58 32.58%
Top 6 89 50.00%
Scratch/Ahl player 25 14.04%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Odelein24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
LOL when did he do well? He handles the puck like it is a grenade and seldome makes the smart play and is more pften than not out of position. He likes to try and make the big hit too often and takes himself out of position not good things for a stay at home D man.
So why would SJ trade Thornton to us for a bust?

Old
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
There's nothing "very rare" about Tinordi's physicality. As for his size, he loses a lot of 1 on 1 battles along the boards... and not always against physically imposing players.

When I look at Tinordi, I see a guy with no mean streak, who reminds me of Hal Gill without the PK prowess. He's still young and can change that, but I have a hard time being excited about him.
This is why I see

I have high hopes though and he certainly has the ceiling, but I'm not all that optimistic

Old
06-04-2014, 04:03 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
LOL when did he do well? He handles the puck like it is a grenade and seldome makes the smart play and is more pften than not out of position. He likes to try and make the big hit too often and takes himself out of position not good things for a stay at home D man.
Does anyone seriously interact with you about Tinordi anymore?

Old
06-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Beendair Donedat

What more do you guys want him to do?

He was there on opening day and broke Carter Ashton's nose when things were getting out of hand.

When he came back he immediately took on Kyle Clifford when the Habs were playing with little emotion, and got the team rolling. Many players and even management pointed to that fight as a spark.

When Lars Eller got railroaded by that punk Raffi Torres, Tinordi immediately issued a beating and put Torres out for several weeks.

Danny Briere took a hard hit from Gryba, and Tinordi made sure that Gryba knew you couldn't be taking runs at smaller guys.

He played 22 games and he looked good a great deal of the time. He knows that he has a role to play as a physical defenseman, and that's what he does... He hits and he protects his teammates. He looked bad in the Columbus game where he gave up the winning goal, and he owned the mistake.... He had some growing pains, but you always will with a big, unpolished guy...

He's exactly what you want back there on the blueline... He's not going to score you a ton of points, but he's going to be incredibly tough to play against and he'll make sure that the guys on the ice are protected.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
and LOL at those who think Tinordi is the representation of a guy who has a "mean streak". And while he's already significantly faster than Gill, he has shown nothing more in his NHL stints so far.

He gave Gleason a concussion if I remember correctly.

Tinordi does have a mean streak and he certainly has delivered some big hits in his short career so far.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post

He gave Gleason a concussion if I remember correctly.

Tinordi does have a mean streak and he certainly has delivered some big hits in his short career so far.
A mean streak has little to do with the ability to fight. It's about much more than that... Especially how scared you make your opponents when you battle against them along the boards. Hell, I can remember an example where D'Agostini came out of the board easily after a one on one battle against Tinordi.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
A mean streak has little to do with the ability to fight. It's about much more than that... Especially how scared you make your opponents when you battle against them along the boards. Hell, I can remember an example where D'Agostini came out of the board easily after a one on one battle against Tinordi.
So, beating up people and delivering big hits have little to do with having a mean streak, eh? Remember Komisarek? He was crosschecking everyone in sight but he was terrible at everything else. And your example... I mean, every D is going to get beat at some point. Tinordi is still learning and his physicality is certainly one of his forces.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:28 PM
TheBuriedHab

Can't wait for Tinordi to make the full time jump to the habs. He is going to be a good one. I think a Tinordi-Subban pairing in the future will be one of the better ones.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
So, beating up people and delivering big hits have little to do with having a mean streak, eh? Remember Komisarek? He was crosschecking everyone in sight but he was terrible at everything else. And your example... I mean, every D is going to get beat at some point. Tinordi is still learning and his physicality is certainly one of his forces.
I just don't see him winning nearly enough board battles for a guy of his style to say he's there, and that he's a keep-at-all-cost asset. He's a nice asset to have, but at this point, pencilling his name in next season's lineup is premature and hopeful.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:30 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
I can remember times when David Desharnais won pucks cleanly from Zdeno Chara. I can remember times when our players have knocked him flat on his ass. Your point?

Old
06-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
I just don't see him winning nearly enough board battles for a guy of his style to say he's there, and that he's a keep-at-all-cost asset. He's a nice asset to have, but at this point, pencilling his name in next season's lineup is premature and hopeful.
Of course, his decisions and hockey sense need some work. But it's the NHL and he'll learn. I'm quite optimistic on Tinordi but he sure isn't a lock on this team next year.

Old
06-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Sword

I hope that our DG thinks for a long time before considering trading away a defenseman that's 6'6 and has yet to be given a chance to show his true potential. I'd get rid of Gorges and Emelin way before I even think of parting ways with Jarred.

Old
06-04-2014, 05:02 PM
beaverBFP

He's ****ing 22 y/o guys, that's still young for a defenseman. I think he'll develop just fine.

Old
06-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Schwang

KomiSarek took a while before he started to play better and more steady. And yes, hecWAS a hell of a defenceman for a time. Until Lucic? (just making a comparison here)

I can't believe the people here who are so hard on Tinordi. Just ridiculous. This team needs to commit to playing the young guys this year if they're ever going to develop them

Old
06-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
He's ****ing 22 y/o guys, that's still young for a defenseman. I think he'll develop just fine.
Might want to work on your phrasing.

Old
06-04-2014, 05:23 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Not sure if libel or...

Old
06-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not sure if libel or...

The power of the comma lol

Old
06-04-2014, 05:55 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Excellent

Old
06-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
I wish I made a compilation of his pre-season. He showed a lot of upside and was rattling opponents physically while showing off his skating being above average especially with his size. Of course it didn't follow through to regular season enough for him to stay with the big club but the upside was there. He does make bone head big hit attempt but that's also something that can be improved with experience. Kinda funny people say he makes too many failed big hit attempts while trying to say he doesn't have mean streak. He improved his fighting a lot and had 6 NHL fights (2 pre-season, 4 regular season) in less than 30 games.

You never saw Gill do this:

Kid's got more upside than people give him credit for, his skating is impressive for a big man.

Old
06-04-2014, 06:22 PM
beaverBFP

Quote:
welp..

Old
06-04-2014, 06:25 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

am i the only one who was impressed with his NHL stints save the really bad giveaways?

He moves the puck far better than I ever thought he would already and hasn't even played a full season yet.

I remember quite well Pronger taking awhile to find his game once he cracked the bigs. Huge D men almost always do. It's been said and shown a million times over.

Tinordi is damn near untradeable because his ceiling is hard to gage. We don't have the most physical D core or prospects either. You're a perennial contender when you have a D corps with PK and what Tinordi and NB can become.

You just don't trade young D men who are as big and mobile as Tinordi is when they're still so far away from their potential. My god people.

Old
06-04-2014, 06:35 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#NukeDaFoxhole

...a future top pairing of Tinordi - Subban should make every Habs fan giddy with delight...Tinordi looked ready this year and he should have been in our Top 6 this entire playoff run...

Old
06-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
am i the only one who was impressed with his NHL stints save the really bad giveaways?

He moves the puck far better than I ever thought he would already and hasn't even played a full season yet.

I remember quite well Pronger taking awhile to find his game once he cracked the bigs. Huge D men almost always do. It's been said and shown a million times over.

Tinordi is damn near untradeable because his ceiling is hard to gage. We don't have the most physical D core or prospects either. You're a perennial contender when you have a D corps with PK and what Tinordi and NB can become.

You just don't trade young D men who are as big and mobile as Tinordi is when they're still so far away from their potential. My god people.
I wouldn't be against trading Tinordi if we got an impossible to turn down offer, my only issue is that I doubt holds Tinordi holds very much in the way of trade value, at least not enough to justify trading him. I believe he has more value on our team than he could realistically fetch in a trade at this point in his career and as such I do not think we should trade him.

Old
06-04-2014, 07:35 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Does anyone seriously interact with you about Tinordi anymore?
Well you just did

Old
06-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I remember quite well Chris Pronger taking awhile to find his game once he cracked the bigs. Huge D men almost always do. It's been said and shown a million times over.

Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you.
And, glad you also used Pronger as an example for development (size gallor, mean streak, time for proper development/confidence...patience, so much potential,etc). Tinordi's ceiling is VERY HIGH, imo. Some Hab fans forget his coast-to-coast (in AHL)...not many 6'7 dmen could do that (not expecting that on a regular basis!!lol!!, just showing off his skating/potential!). That said...he will be brought up as a defensive dman (shutdown defensive tasks, PK,etc), and later...he will fully develop into (hopefully) a solid two-way shutdown dman (will get PP later once full confidence is there,etc). You don't trade that...never! Are you kidding me? Yup...Subban, Price, and Tinordi give us reason to hope we can win the CUP one day with strong defense.

Quote:
I wouldn't be against trading Tinordi if we got an impossible to turn down offer, my only issue is that I doubt holds Tinordi holds very much in the way of trade value, at least not enough to justify trading him. I believe he has more value on our team than he could realistically fetch in a trade at this point in his career and as such I do not think we should trade him.
Been waiting so long for a mobile tall/huge dman (6'6-6'7 and mobile/good skater) like J.Tinordi. Still can't believe he's a Hab!!! I would be so furious IF he were traded. I hope Tinordi is a Hab for a long long time. I really see Subban, Price, and J.Tinordi lifting a CUP as Habs.

Not comparing J.Tinordi to Chris Pronger (also 6'6+), but...Tinordi is the closest thing to C.Pronger we have drafted since a long time (since Robinson or Serge Savard). With Tinordi...we're so much bigger/taller, meaner...Tinordi will be a huge monster playoff shutdown dman...just give him time to fully develop and gain more and more confidence. Full potential...mean/warrior shutdown defensive dman to a two-way dman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...a future top pairing of Tinordi - Subban should make every Habs fan giddy with delight...Tinordi looked ready this year and he should have been in our Top 6 this entire playoff run...
I definitely see this in the future (and vicious players won't constantly slash or try to decapitate Subban as often with J.Tinordi by his side), or else...you can balance out the lines by separating Tinordi and Subban. 2014-2015 season, as one example...I would like to see Tinordi-Weaver for 20-30games+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post

Why not? (do not trade Tinordi)
Why not trade McDonagh? Because it will hurt for awhile.
Trading Tinordi will hurt even more...trust me.
Tinordi is a keeper for a long long time.
When is the last time we had a 6'6 - 6'7 dman with so much potential?

I would be so pissed off if Tinordi was drafted by the Bruins, Flyers or Leafs.
We have Tinordi...let's keep it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
gonna make us forget we traded mcdonagh.....DO....NOT.....TRADE....HIM!!!
Exactly. Price, PK Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu.......give me so much hope. So much.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread