HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

View Poll Results: What will Tinordi become?
Top 2 6 3.37%
Top 4 58 32.58%
Top 6 89 50.00%
Scratch/Ahl player 25 14.04%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2014, 08:59 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Exactly. Price, PK Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu.......give me so much hope. So much.
yup....but we need work up front too still

I want another big centre and one who's good defensively.

kopitar
toews
datsyuk
bergeron
backes

it's alot to ask..but even one of just backes quality with size is enough...gotta find that...got to.

Old
06-04-2014, 10:12 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
We just got burned by a young defenseman we traded away... You think they're gonna make the same thing twice?

Old
06-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Kojo

We should be accustomed to this by now, most of our prospects take 1 or 2 more years to pan out.

He's ready for the NHL but I would rather be patient.

Old
06-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
We should be accustomed to this by now, most of our prospects take 1 or 2 more years to pan out.

He's ready for the NHL but I would rather be patient.
I don't think he is ready for a full time role in the NHL just yet, but he is definitely progressing nicely and deserves a good look in the big league next year. I think Beaulieu is more ready for the NHL at this point, but Tinordi isn't far behind. Patience will be the key with him.

Old
06-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
yup....but we need work up front too still.
I want another big centre and one who's good defensively.
kopitar...toews...datsyuk...bergeron...backes. It's a lot to ask..but even one of just backes quality with size is enough...gotta find that...got to.
I don't think anyone will disagree with you, but...not an easy task.
Plus...to get someone like the above we'd have to trade so much (way too much), and then we'd be scrambling to replace the empty spots due to the BIG TRADE we made to get that BIG center. Unless...someone is willing to trade us a STAR CENTER PROSPECT for Plekanec?! I won't hold my breath! They'd probably ask for Pacioretty(cheap/great contract)+DD...depending on how good this ''star'' CENTER prospect is.

OR

We could build our D-CORE around Price.
(strong dmen, two-way centers, strong defensive or two-way system,etc).
If we can't get that Toews or Kopitar...we can always try to get as MANY solid wingers as possible to surround Galchenyuk, Eller, and Plekanec for the next 4-5 seasons.

Imo, let's first try to build the strongest D-Core possible:
Price
PK Subban
Tinordi

...is a good beginning (with THREE dependable two-way #2 centers...Galchenyuk, Eller, Pleks...)with Galchy having the most potential in being a star no.1 center one day).
Etc,
etc...

I wouldn't mind a team that can win a CUP (or two) with scores like 2-1, 3-2...whatever it takes to win a Cup. With Price...this is possible (but gotta take advantage of our window with a HOT Price and HOT PK Subban in next 7 seasons...'cause time flies!!).

Old
06-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
We need to stop trading young upcoming Dman for used up forwards living off their past. We lost the Gomez/McDonagh[/B] trade, we lost the Chelios/Savard trade. EDIT/added by me...we also lost the Desjardins+LeClair/Recchi trade
Exactly...enough with trading our dmen...we have a terrible track record. Also with losing some via other ways...Beauchemin, Robidas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I would take Joe over Tinordi hands down the guy still is one of the best set up men in the game. Put him at centre on the first line and let him get the puck to Paches or for arguments sake Vanek etc and that is a formidable foe up front.
Googlymoogly (first quote in the above) has a good reply to this, imo.
(plus...I's say there's less than a 1% Joe Thornton and/or Vanek will be wearing the CH jersey in October!! would be funny though...seeing Big Joe in a Hab uniform VS the Bruins!! funny for the league, not for us!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
There's nothing "very rare" about Tinordi's physicality. As for his size, he loses a lot of 1 on 1 battles along the boards... and not always against physically imposing players.
When I look at Tinordi, I see a guy with no mean streak, who reminds me of Hal Gill without the PK prowess. He's still young and can change that, but I have a hard time being excited about him.
Tinordi (when fully developed or close) can be something in between a Hal Gill and a Chris Pronger. Way faster, more mobile, way more offensive potential, meaner streak, way better career than Hal Gill, and not quite a C.Pronger, but in between? For sure (imo!). In a nutshell...Tinordi has way way more potential than Hal Gill. And at worst (imo)...he'll be a meaner, bigger, better Jared Cowen or a faster/more mobile/meaner Hal Gill. At worst.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-05-2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old
06-05-2014, 06:58 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Exactly...enough with trading our dmen...we have a terrible track record. Also with losing some via other ways...Beauchemin, Robidas.

(plus...I's say there's less than a 1% Joe Thornton and/or Vanek will be wearing the CH jersey in October!! would be funny though...seeing Big Joe in a Hab uniform VS the Bruins!! funny for the league, not for us!).

Tinordi (when fully developed or close) can be something in between a Hal Gill and a Chris Pronger. Way faster, more mobile, way more offensive potential, meaner streak, way better career than Hal Gill, and not quite a C.Pronger, but in between? For sure (imo!). In a nutshell...Tinordi has way way more potential than Hal Gill. And at worst (imo)...he'll be a meaner, bigger, better Jared Cowen or a faster/more mobile/meaner Hal Gill. At worst.
That is a stretch to say he will be anything like a Pronger and to be a Hal Gill well other than being tall there wasn't much there. As for Vanish I hope we trade his negotiating rights to Minny for a 3rd. I am no huge Galchenyuk fan but leave him on the wing and have Big Joe feed him pucks for 3 seasons and we all soon forget about who Max is IMHO.

Old
06-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Odelein24

Quote:
That is a stretch to say he will be anything like a Pronger and to be a Hal Gill well other than being tall there wasn't much there. As for Vanish I hope we trade his negotiating rights to Minny for a 3rd. I am no huge Galchenyuk fan but leave him on the wing and have Big Joe feed him pucks for 3 seasons and we all soon forget about who Max is IMHO.
You've already said that Tinordi isn't a good prospect, so why does SJ trade JT to us for a terrible D prospect?

Old
06-05-2014, 10:54 AM
S Bah

I want Jarred Tinordi to carry on from where his father left off, Mark Tinordi becoming a great enough defenceman to make Team Canada in training camp in Montreal. Only problem there is he will be playing for Team USA, alongside McDonagh oh that hurts bigtime!!!!

Old
06-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I want Jarred Tinordi to carry on from where his father left off, Mark Tinordi becoming a great enough defenceman to make Team Canada in training camp in Montreal. Only problem there is he will be playing for Team USA, alongside McDonagh oh that hurts bigtime!!!!
I agree

If Jarred is anywhere close to Mark (believe it or not, to some, I believe he is getting there) This team will be in on the cup chase for a LONG time with Pk, Patches, Price, and the Galley bros.

Patches - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Tinordi - Subban

Price

Secondary players:

Beaulieau, Eller, Tokarski, one of Pleks/DD, Markov

Tertiary players:

Prust, Bourque, Emelin, Weaver, Budaj, the other of Pleks/DD

Good role players:

Briere, Bournival, White,

Tinordi knows his role is a future shut down player. He's close, but his role is probably the hardest to maintain in the entire show, as EVERY error is magnified to the 'nth degree.

But his role to become an intimidating presence, and to cover on Pk's abilities (this will lead to a fully functioning Subban, who at times looks a touch doubtful... An A ++ defender will let his mind be at ease)

With an offensive #1 rd, an offensive # 2 ld (like Beaulieau) gives us a great foundation on the point, just on the cusp of arrival.

Our GM's have put excellent pieces together to build upon.

A defensive rd is necessary,
Markov and Weaver fill out the third pair, with Emelin as the spare,

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Weaver
Beaulieau -
Emelin

Gorges is here until The Tin man develops IMO, but he's going to be redundant with a competent Tinordi, and really has limitations offensively.

Old
06-05-2014, 11:51 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy79 View Post
I agree

If Jarred is anywhere close to Mark (believe it or not, to some, I believe he is getting there) This team will be in on the cup chase for a LONG time with Pk, Patches, Price, and the Galley bros.

Patches - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Tinordi - Subban

Price

Secondary players:

Beaulieau, Eller, Tokarski, one of Pleks/DD, Markov

Tertiary players:

Prust, Bourque, Emelin, Weaver, Budaj, the other of Pleks/DD

Good role players:

Briere, Bournival, White,

Tinordi knows his role is a future shut down player. He's close, but his role is probably the hardest to maintain in the entire show, as EVERY error is magnified to the 'nth degree.

But his role to become an intimidating presence, and to cover on Pk's abilities (this will lead to a fully functioning Subban, who at times looks a touch doubtful... An A ++ defender will let his mind be at ease)

With an offensive #1 rd, an offensive # 2 ld (like Beaulieau) gives us a great foundation on the point, just on the cusp of arrival.

Our GM's have put excellent pieces together to build upon.

A defensive rd is necessary,
Markov and Weaver fill out the third pair, with Emelin as the spare,

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Weaver
Beaulieau -
Emelin

Gorges is here until The Tin man develops IMO, but he's going to be redundant with a competent Tinordi, and really has limitations offensively.
Don't forget the Habs still have Nygren to call upon, unless they trade him and upgrade the forwards. A Saku Maenalainen trade could bring the Habs a very able RW with size, and Nashville loves their Dmen. Just a thought, but Saku's play in the WJHC's was superb IMHO! Pateryn has shown great abilities too, he may be a pleasant surprise yet for the Habs blueline.

Old
06-05-2014, 04:55 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
You've already said that Tinordi isn't a good prospect, so why does SJ trade JT to us for a terrible D prospect?
Send them Tinordi DD and call it a day. Joe takes over DDs spot and is a big centre with better offensive and defensive skills than DD. Then move Max to Winnipeg for Kane.

Old
06-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Send them Tinordi DD and call it a day. Joe takes over DDs spot and is a big centre with better offensive and defensive skills than DD. Then move Max to Winnipeg for Kane.
I still don't see either WIN or SJ making those moves. Not sure in what world Tin + DD = Big JT but IMO it's unrealistic.

Old
06-05-2014, 05:31 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Lol Pacioretty for Kane? What a brutal trade for us

Old
06-05-2014, 05:48 PM
windycity

Quote:
Maybe no one is untouchable, but trading young D for older forwards doesn't seem like a good strategy.
A****ingmen - you'd think we'd have learned that after the Chelios-Savard deal but apparently we had to make another huge mistake before it (hopefully) sank in

Old
06-05-2014, 06:43 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
As a fan of both teams, I'd do Thornton for Tinordi + Bournival/Andrighetto

Pacioretty - Thornton - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - DD
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Briere - Weise

&

Marleau - Couture - Nieto
XXXX - Pavelski - Wingels
Torres - Hertl - Andrighetto/Tierney
Sheppard - Desjardins - Brown

Vlasic - Burns
XXXX - Bruan
Tinordi - Demers

Old
06-05-2014, 06:44 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Moving Max for Evander was an asinine idea months back, when many seemed to float the idea. It's an even worse idea now. Not willing to take a clearly worse player with a worse contract, who really isn't much younger.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:24 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
I still don't see either WIN or SJ making those moves. Not sure in what world Tin + DD = Big JT but IMO it's unrealistic.
So we float them a 3rd in the deal it really isn't a huge piece to add in. DD out THornton in makes our first line much much better for atleast 3 to 4 years over having DD as our #1 centre.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:26 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Moving Max for Evander was an asinine idea months back, when many seemed to float the idea. It's an even worse idea now. Not willing to take a clearly worse player with a worse contract, who really isn't much younger.
Kane brings some pretty good hands a willingness to go to the dirty areas more tenacity on the puck and forecheck and will get his nose dirty hell ya I take that over primadonna max I am in a slump so I refuse to talk to the media all day every day.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Forlando

Quote:
LOL, best joke I have read on these forums. So we send them a player that scored 39 goals this season with a 4.5 mil cap hit and we get a 19 goal scorer with a 5.2 mil cap hit and an attitude problem. You sir are my candidate for GM of the Habs.....NOT!

Old
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Hope Of Glory

Quote:
So we float them a 3rd in the deal it really isn't a huge piece to add in. DD out THornton in makes our first line much much better for atleast 3 to 4 years over having DD as our #1 centre.
Yeah, they'll certainly take spare parts for Thornton. Adding a 3rd pick absolutely changes everything.

And no, I don't believe Tinordi is a spare part but you clearly do so that's an even worst proposal coming from you.

Old
06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlando View Post
LOL, best joke I have read on these forums. So we send them a player that scored 39 goals this season with a 4.5 mil cap hit and we get a 19 goal scorer with a 5.2 mil cap hit and an attitude problem. You sir are my candidate for GM of the Habs.....NOT!
The even worse joke is DD, Tinordi and a 3rd for Joe Thornton. That'll help SJ take a run at the Cup next year.

Old
06-05-2014, 09:25 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I wouldn't be against trading Tinordi if we got an impossible to turn down offer, my only issue is that I doubt holds Tinordi holds very much in the way of trade value, at least not enough to justify trading him. I believe he has more value on our team than he could realistically fetch in a trade at this point in his career and as such I do not think we should trade him.
No way do you trade Tinordi. Not at this point in his career. Maybe when he is 32 do you ship him out.

He is a home grown and developed D who will make his impact in the NHL this coming season. You cannot teach size and physicality. He can learn to upgrade his puck handling and reduce the turnovers.

Old
06-05-2014, 09:27 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlando View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Not sure the fixation on Kane of all players in the NHL. But he is not the first to mention a trade similar to that.

We have our own Evander Kane on the team. His name is Rene Bourque.

Old
06-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I wrote ''Tinordi imo - when he reaches his full potential - will be something between a C.Pronger and a Hal Gill...and at worst he will be a bigger/meaner/faster Jared Cowen or Hal Gill.''

I know you're popular here for being anti-Tinordi!! That's ok...everyone has a right to his/her opinion!!

I'm the opposite of you when it concerns Tinordi...I'm a huuuuuuge fan and can't wait till he's close to fully developed and super confident.

Our Habs will be bigger/taller/tougher to play against once Tinordi gets his 18-21min/game (and one day...24min+/game)...you wait and see

Go J.Tinordi Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
As a fan of both teams, I'd do Thornton for Tinordi + Bournival/Andrighetto
Nietski/no from me!!

If Sharks want Tinordi (+Bournival+Andrighetto)...they would have to overpay...they would have to give Vlasic and Demers (two Montreal homeboys). Ridiculous, I know, but...I just don't want to trade Tinordi, and especially not for a Big Old Joe who may have 2-3 seasons left VS Tinordi's 12+seasons. Plus...Subban urgently needs help...Tinordi to the rescue.

In other words, if I were the Habs' GM Tinordi is...staying put. I don't want to improve other teams...I want our Habs to get better.

I want to build our DEFENSE with Subban, Price, and Tinordi.

Closed Thread