Chistov is Staying in Russia

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Kimi

vCash: 500
Chistov is Staying in Russia

Link

He's not got a contract in the NHL, so he can go freely. We keep his rights.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

This IMO is somewhat of a good thing. I might be wrong, but our cap concerns are pretty much over as of now. Sykora will likely remain a Duck now, but they still might get more wiggle room to add a guy who'd help if he came at the deadline. If we added a guy at the deadline, we'd only need to be slightly under the cap, anyway, so it really isn't even that big of problem.

Playing in the RSL for a season could boost his confidence, which is a good thing, and if we can persuade him to come back next season, we might end up with a much better player.

Also, Smirnov signed with Avangard Omsk, IIRC, for those who care.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:33 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

good. I want Perry and Getzlaf on the team.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:54 AM
zot

Chistov will be better off in Russia sharpening his skills. During his stint in the AHL, he was trying to find his identity. I don't know if he was trying to prove his toughness to Babs by getting into fights, but it kind of screwed him up. Anyways I hope we don't trade him for a worthless pick. Good luck Stan, and I hope you find your cheese.

In terms of Getzlaf and Perry, I think they need to stay in Portland. From reading the message boards in moosehockey.com , Kitty (Randy Caryle) liked to play his first 2 lines a lot. Therefore, Getz and Perry would hardly play in the NHL.

Just a thought

Old
08-11-2005, 04:31 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot

In terms of Getzlaf and Perry, I think they need to stay in Portland. From reading the message boards in moosehockey.com , Kitty (Randy Caryle) liked to play his first 2 lines a lot. Therefore, Getz and Perry would hardly play in the NHL.
I think he will roll 3 lines with the fourth line of Fedoruk, Moen and possibly Konopka getting maybe one or two shifts a period to make some noise.

If Perry and Getzlaf earn spots on the top 3 lines then great, if not then they can play on the first line in Portland and continue developing.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:17 AM
Fighter
Legend

So it goes my favourite player in Anaheim, hope he changes his idea.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:53 AM
Randall Graves*

good, now they HAVE to put Getzlaf on the roster somewhere.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Fighter
Legend

I just can't understand why people is so happy Chistov will stay in Russia this year.
This hurts big time our organization cause one of our top prospect won't play for us and maybe never will again, losing part of our future and a huge investment done with a high pick in a deep 2001 draft.
What a big mistake was for him to play in the AHL last year, better was to come back to Russia to regain some confidence and return to the NHL this year.
I really really hope that after a positive year in the RSL, he will decide to come back in Anaheim, the kid has all the skills in the world, he has just to put them all together.

And not that Chistov in the line-up means that Getzlaf is out of the team, he is a safe bet to be at least in the third line.

Last edited by Fighter: 08-11-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Old
08-11-2005, 06:35 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
I just can't understand why people is so happy Chistov will stay in Russia this year.
This hurts big time our organization cause one of our top prospect won't play for us and maybe never will again, losing part of our future and a huge investment done with a high pick in a deep 2003 draft.
2001 Draft. and it was an average draft.

I think a lot of Duck fans want to move on and are ready for Getzlaf and Perry to play.

Old
08-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Fighter
Legend

Of course 2001, don't know what I was thinking.
Anyway, average considering all the draft, look at the top prospects right now, many came out from that draft.

Bad move by Chistov IMO.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Snap Wilson

I don't think he wanted to be here, honestly. With the exception of his rookie year, he never played like it, and he never acted like it.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Pepper

It's actually good news for Ducks, that makes it easier to get undre cap and they have extra room for the other young players.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
I don't think he wanted to be here, honestly. With the exception of his rookie year, he never played like it, and he never acted like it.
Totally agree here, he coasted through his time in NA. The skills were there but the attitude never was. IMO he would still be here if he didn't spend his first season in the NHL. Making it to the Cup in a season then being demoted the next and spending the next in the AHL.

I don't think this opens up a spot for Getzlaf or Perry I think it opens a spot to sign someone else to bring in. Those two should spend the season in Portland.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Chistov was regressing with us. This is a good move and he can sharpen his skill the next few years in Russia. IMO, the guy just needs confidence. Beside, it wasn't like he was going to win a job in Anaheim this year.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
good. I want Perry and Getzlaf on the team.
Getzlaf's a bit too expensive. Perry's cheaper than Chistov though, at about $600k.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Chistov23

If Chistov does come back, I don't see it being in Anaheim. With many young forwards coming through our system I think Burke would rather take the chance on a big N.A kid (Getz, Lupul, Perry, Ryan) than a small euro. I think we will trade him if he lets it be known he wants to come back. It has been pretty disappointing watching him go from the most exciting player on our team as a rookie, to struggling in the AHL. I still believe he can be a 6 forward, maybe one day he will prove it.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
does anybody know how the relationship between babcock and chistov was? i remember babcock saying "if chistov isn't a star when he is 25, i'll blame myself for that..."

maybe chistov leaving has something to do with babcock leaving?

Last edited by Fan.At: 08-11-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old
08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan.At
does anybody know how the relationship between babcock and chistov was? i remember babcock saying "if chistov isn't a star when he is 25, i'll blame myself for that..."

maybe chistov leaving has something to do with babcock leaving?
I think Babcock was referring to Chistov having the talent to be a star and blaming himself if he didn't get Chistov to work hard enough to realise his potential. He made a similiar statement about Lupul. One of the reasons I like Babs.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chistov23
If Chistov does come back, I don't see it being in Anaheim.
Agreed. I don't think he'd want come back to Anaheim either.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:16 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Getzlaf's a bit too expensive. Perry's cheaper than Chistov though, at about $600k.
I thought Getzlaf and Perry both signed the maximum entry contracts for 03 first round picks?

Old
08-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I thought Babcock didnt like chistov?? I remember him saying he was tired of players not giving it their all, and it was obvious he meant chistov.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
I seriously doubt perry is ready, Getzlaf might be.

Chistov sucks, his attitude is laughable.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Lyons71

Quote:
If Chistov does come back, I don't see it being in Anaheim. With many young forwards coming through our system I think Burke would rather take the chance on a big N.A kid (Getz, Lupul, Perry, Ryan) than a small euro. I think we will trade him if he lets it be known he wants to come back. It has been pretty disappointing watching him go from the most exciting player on our team as a rookie, to struggling in the AHL. I still believe he can be a 6 forward, maybe one day he will prove it.
What are you going to do about your name now?...

Old
08-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons71
What are you going to do about your name now?...
Probably pimp Chistov still, see how he does. I don't think you can change your name or not? ...... Maybe I should change it to something about Smid, he is getting no love these days.

Old
08-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 249
Quote:
Probably pimp Chistov still, see how he does. I don't think you can change your name or not? ...... Maybe I should change it to something about Smid, he is getting no love these days.
I think you can. There have been threads about what posters should change they're user names to in the lounge. I think you just have to pm buffaloed or a global mod and ask them. But I agree with just keeping the name since you never know how he'll turn out in the end(unless he ends up with the Kings of course.)

Closed Thread