HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fredrik Claesson

Old
03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
how about claesson and prince for stewart?
wouldn't that be great? buckle up
I'd do that instantly. even add another small forward to it.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 11:11 PM
God Says No

Trading Claesson would be a mistake. I'd rather trade Boro than Claesson.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Mika Zibanejad
Free the Oppressed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
this, Cleasson can be a potential garbage man for Karlsson in the future, i really want to see what he brings before he is dispatched.

Mika Zibanejad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 11:23 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

vCash: 50
Claesson has been really good down in Bingo. Don't want to see him shipped out unless it is a really good return.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 03:39 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
Claesson has been really good down in Bingo. Don't want to see him shipped out unless it is a really good return.
I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather see Borowiecki get moved over Claesson.

If "Murray The Younger" has a man-crush on Boro, and Stewart's in play, I'm 187% in favor of sending him to Buffalo.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
Yes, and I don't consider Stewart as "a really good return".

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather see Borowiecki get moved over Claesson.

If "Murray The Younger" has a man-crush on Boro, and Stewart's in play, I'm 187% in favor of sending him to Buffalo.
Agreed, would make that trade in a NY minute!

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I'd do that instantly. even add another small forward to it.

Only a small forward eh?

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 10:53 AM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 109
God i hate that we're in hockey purgatory (not in playoff spot but still fighting for one) it would be nice to see him play in the NHL ( a taste of what you can have).

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 11:59 AM
arglebargle

vCash: 1225
hockeydb says Claesson is +34 in Binghamton. Is that a typo? He's +18 over the next best player. That's got to bode well, right? It's not the best stat in the world but it seems like that big of a gap suggests he's doing something better than his teammates...

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
TheSpinMove

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
hockeydb says Claesson is +34 in Binghamton. Is that a typo? He's +18 over the next best player. That's got to bode well, right? It's not the best stat in the world but it seems like that big of a gap suggests he's doing something better than his teammates...
Not a typo he is +34. +/- isn't the best stat to judge how a player is doing, but he has been very solid down in bingo

TheSpinMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:05 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpinMove View Post
Not a typo he is +34. +/- isn't the best stat to judge how a player is doing, but he has been very solid down in bingo
I'd agree that the signal/noise ratio is not that great on +/- but when he's +18 on the next best player on the team, it probably means he's doing something right.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:10 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

As always the majority on here prefer the soft Swede over the tougher Borocop, I'd keep Boro over Claesson. We'll see what BM does.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:12 PM
MightyIgor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
I'd agree that the signal/noise ratio is not that great on +/- but when he's +18 on the next best player on the team, it probably means he's doing something right.
He's well on his way to be the next Tom Preissing.

MightyIgor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyIgor View Post
He's well on his way to be the next Tom Preissing.
While I do agree +/- is a misleading stat, the Preissing comparison does not hold up; Preissing played a limited role on the bottom pair. I believe Claesson is currently on the top pair, no?

Micklebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 05:17 PM
sebas85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
While I do agree +/- is a misleading stat, the Preissing comparison does not hold up; Preissing played a limited role on the bottom pair. I believe Claesson is currently on the top pair, no?
In the 2 bsens games I watched live this year ( Ottawa and Montreal vs. Hamilton ) pairings were:

BoroCop- Danny New
Claesson- Sdao
Wideman- Blood

With Boro - New getting the top unit on Hamilton and definitely looking like the top pairing by match ups and ice time. But it looks like Luke Richardson likes to spread out his 3 stronger Dmen with 3 weaker Dmen.

I think its coin toss, Boro projects tougher and more dynamic physically, claesson more of a steady eddy quiet get the job done. If one of them turns into a consistent NHLer i think we win...so ya...coin toss.

sebas85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
I view Boro as a Volchenkov and Claesson as a Methot.

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I view Boro as a Volchenkov and Claesson as a Methot.
Not bad.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
TheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
As always the majority on here prefer the soft Swede over the tougher Borocop, I'd keep Boro over Claesson. We'll see what BM does.
Claesson is younger, a better skater, and overall a better player. Don't think nationality has anything to do with it.

If we have to trade a Bingo d-man, how about Wideman? Based simply on production you'd think he has some value, but its hard to imagine him making the Sens any time soon.

TheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
leftwinglocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeb View Post
Claesson is younger, a better skater, and overall a better player. Don't think nationality has anything to do with it.
Hilarious. Have you even seen a game ? The Bsens have lost every game they've played since Boro went down. Claesson will be good down the road but your assessment is dead wrong. The reason Boro is such a great hitter is because he's a great skater.... not to mention he's already proven he's NHL ready. Nationality has everything to do with it for many on these boards.

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinglocker View Post
Hilarious. Have you even seen a game ? The Bsens have lost every game they've played since Boro went down. Claesson will be good down the road but your assessment is dead wrong. The reason Boro is such a great hitter is because he's a great skater.... not to mention he's already proven he's NHL ready. Nationality has everything to do with it for many on these boards.
I like Boro, and I can't say I've seen enough of Claesson to judge between them, but I can say that in Boro's 21 NHL games, all he's really shown to me is that he just isn't quite there yet (nhl ready that is).

Also worth mentioning, given that Claesson has yet to miss a game (i think) it's hard to compare what missing one or the other would do to the teams winning record. The team lost a top Dman; that is surely going to affect the bottom line regardless of which one it was.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:18 PM
leftwinglocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
I like Boro, and I can't say I've seen enough of Claesson to judge between them, but I can say that in Boro's 21 NHL games, all he's really shown to me is that he just isn't quite there yet (nhl ready that is).

Also worth mentioning, given that Claesson has yet to miss a game (i think) it's hard to compare what missing one or the other would do to the teams winning record. The team lost a top Dman; that is surely going to affect the bottom line regardless of which one it was.
In his NHL games this year he wasn't scratched once. Gryba, Wiercioch and Corvo we're being rotated through the 6 spot while he stayed in the lineup. The facts are different than what you want to believe. High probability he and Ceci will be a duo next year. They looked very good together in Binghamton and Boro will create a lot of space for him.

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
In his NHL games this year he wasn't scratched once. Gryba, Wiercioch and Corvo we're being rotated through the 6 spot while he stayed in the lineup. The facts are different than what you want to believe. High probability he and Ceci will be a duo next year. They looked very good together in Binghamton and Boro will create a lot of space for him.
He also averaged just 12:30 mins a game (would have been about 13:30 had he not been ejected in Carlolina), almost 4 mins lower than the next closest defenceman. He was pretty sheltered in those games and for good reason. He brought some grit, which was sorely needed at the time, but not all that much else. They gave him a chance, he wasn't able to stick, he was sent back down rather than sit him.

He's on the verge, but I don't know how else to put it, he's not ready yet.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:34 PM
TheWeb

Quote:
I have seen every one of Boro's games at the NHL level, and I do like him. And I would state that his skating is NOT a weakness.

For Claesson I've seen a handful of games online (admittedly not the best viewing quality), and I do think he is a better skater ... although his skating style looks a little odd to me.

I'll admit that to call Claesson a better overall player at this point might be a stretch ... they are comparable, not much to choose between the two.

But I'm pretty sure I'm right when I say Claesson is younger. At 21 Boro was still in the NCAA.

TheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Caje

It's telling that all the B-Sens fans prefer Boro and all the Ottawa fans prefer Claesson.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote