HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lindros a Leaf

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Lindros a Leaf

link - TSN.ca
First Allison, now Lindros...Ferguson likes to gamble.

Last edited by Albi: 08-11-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old
08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Kick

It's Official.

Leafs Land Lindros

Old
08-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Captain Ron

You should add Carter in there too. The leafs can have all of our leftovers.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm just glad it wasn't us.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm just glad it wasn't us.
Hell yeah

Old
08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

if allison passed a physical, wouldnt that mean that his whiplash/concussion injury is healed? Doctors expected a full recovery...BUt i bet anybody with any association with the Leafs would all be holding their breath every time Allison gets hit

Old
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
if allison passed a physical, wouldnt that mean that his whiplash/concussion injury is healed? Doctors expected a full recovery...BUt i bet anybody with any association with the Leafs would all be holding their breath every time Allison gets hit
Allison's injury history is not that long in comparison to Lindros, or even Roenick for that matter. Allison has had more than enough time to heal. As for Lindros he may be a pumpkin head, but he was the Rags best player before he went down. Again with the added time off, a 1.5 million gamble to me isn't that big of deal. I would have loved if we took it. 60 games and postseason would be enough for me. They're front three will be incredibly dominating. Wings are an issue for the Leafs, but Lindros could shift there on the top two.

I think everybody wants these guys to go down and fast..........I just don't think it's going to happen. Allison will be one of the top five signings, and Lindros not far behind.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Allison's injury history not as long as JR's? Lets see here...

Take a look at Allison's games played history, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=50
Twice he has missed more than half a season due to injuries. He has missed more than a season and a half and hasn't played at a high level in over two years.

JR on the other hand, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=4629

He's older than both Allison and Lindros, but he has been consistently injury free. Last season was a fluke if you even know how he suffered his injuries (like taking a slap shot to the face. That isn't being injury prone).

Explain how Allison has less of an injury history than JR. Or are you once again making up your own facts?

Old
08-11-2005, 06:35 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Allison's injury history not as long as JR's? Lets see here...

Take a look at Allison's games played history, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=50
Twice he has missed more than half a season due to injuries. He has missed more than a season and a half and hasn't played at a high level in over two years.

JR on the other hand, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=4629

He's older than both Allison and Lindros, but he has been consistently injury free. Last season was a fluke if you even know how he suffered his injuries (like taking a slap shot to the face. That isn't being injury prone).

Explain how Allison has less of an injury history than JR. Or are you once again making up your own facts?
You're classic bro. JR if you haven't noticed has had over 6 concussions. I'm one of the biggest JR fans here, and I already know how many games he plays per season. Twice is your big number on Allison, and he's injury prone? Maybe you need to share that crack. You're right Allison is younger, meaning he's got more years ahead.
Maybe next time you shouldn't read between the lines, because I never said anything about games played.......I said injuries.........Some people are just tougher....like JR.
Your head is about as big as that lame ass avatar.

Last edited by swinginutter: 08-11-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old
08-11-2005, 06:45 PM
swinginutter*

Here are those made up stats (facts).............Thanks again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...970&type=story

Old
08-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Care to explain why JR hasn't sat out a long period of time, even after sustaining so many concussions through out his career? Allison has missed more games the past few seasons than JR has missed his entire career.

The big number on Allison isn't how many injuries, but how long he's sat out. That is what makes him more injury prone and draws on his injury history.

Now return to where you belong... on LGK.

Old
08-11-2005, 07:33 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Care to explain why JR hasn't sat out a long period of time, even after sustaining so many concussions through out his career? Allison has missed more games the past few seasons than JR has missed his entire career.

The big number on Allison isn't how many injuries, but how long he's sat out. That is what makes him more injury prone and draws on his injury history.

Now return to where you belong... on LGK.
Dr. Stardust I don't know the severities of their concussions like yourself. I pointed out a fact, you shot it down...........no big deal. I guess getting your knee taken out is also being injury prone. Also suffering from major whiplash and concussion is also being injury prone. You should really start to think before you start typing.
Maybe Allison never signed your jersey.....who knows. But I never call out posters here, and I show lots of respect. If my posts come out a bit passionate, and it's to hot for you, than don't respond. I never said one thing to you or your posts for that matter.........up until now.

BTW i've never posted at LGK, and I never visit their site. From the way it sounds, you might be sharing duties on both sites. Maybe that's why they have a rep for talking smack.........kinda' like yourself.

Old
08-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Game Misconduct

Gentlemen, please end the personal attacks now. Maybe you're kidding around, but we are not going to tolerate it. I'm giving you all an informal warning before I start giving formal ones.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Old
08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Fingolfin

The Leafs will be great until 5 minutes into their 1st practice, when Allison and Lindros will run into each other, and both will end up on the IR for over half the season with "concussion-like symptoms."

--
Fin

Old
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Why all the LGK hate? That is ridiculous. LGK is a damn fine board.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smotheredhope
Why all the LGK hate? That is ridiculous. LGK is a damn fine board.
I don't see any hate directed towards LGK myself. I see one comment with it even mentioned, and that's it.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I don't see any hate directed towards LGK myself. I see one comment with it even mentioned, and that's it.

Ive seena lot of people in chat , hell, even Eklunds chat. And I have seen it over the days mentioed in a few threads here as well. BUt Reaper knows everything so I take it all back.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smotheredhope
Ive seena lot of people in chat , hell, even Eklunds chat. And I have seen it over the days mentioed in a few threads here as well. BUt Reaper knows everything so I take it all back.
Ha where did you get that I know everything?

Closed Thread