HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Giroux

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Giroux

I dont know if im the only one who has a feeling this kid has some very solid NHL potential, and for some reason see him going to waste all because of Sather. The kid was acquired in a trade and with his first full season in Hrtfd with a pure defense first system scores and puts up very good #'s, plays aggressive , fights and scraps, he is no 1st line'er, but a 2nd line winger is not out of the question, IMO. Most likely will pan out as a 3rd line LW, but this kid has earned a spot and should be given one, with plenty of time on the 2nd and 3rd line. He could turn out to be a very good surprise, reminds me very much of a Matt Cooke type player.

I am all for seeing him get a spot and its not on the 4th line, Sather if you trade for kids nd they succeed play them, I dont understand the way this guy thinks. I also am not high on Moore, but he is also as deserving a spot, but I see him more as a 4th line energy guy/3rd line fill in.

In much of a sense its not up to sather but if he keeps signing vets then there will be very limited room for young guys to make the squad. Players like Giroux, Murray, Ortmeyer, Lundmark and Balej should be given spots as a must, IMO. As for Defense Tyutin, Kondtratiev, Pock, Lampman , atleast 3 of those guys should get spots.

Last edited by NYC Aim 4588: 08-11-2005 at 09:27 AM.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Fish

vCash: 500
Personally I think Giroux is too slow with his hands and has a shot too weak to beat NHL goaltenders...but he's earned the chance to at least have a try-out in the NHL in my opinion.

I don't expect him to become a regular NHLer...

Old
08-11-2005, 12:21 PM
eco's bones

I think Giroux has a good shot at making it. I just don't see him as more than a 3rd line player.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Larry Melnyk

Giroux has everything you need to be a 2nd-3rd liner NHL except the consistent effort....If he maxes out every game, he has the combination of size, speed, skill and strength to be a 2nd liner ON THE RANGERS...especially over the even lazier efforts of the likes of Balej and Lundmark...However, given the composition of the top forwards, my bet is Balej is given a long, long look...He has the skill and speed, but really nothing else....

Old
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Edge

Giroux to me is a kid who can put up some descent AHL numbers but is really at best a third line NHL'er.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Fletch

I had thought the same...

Edge a bit back, comparing Giroux to Matteu, and not because both are French Candian. I'm hoping for greater, but I think Fish said it best regarding his quickness, etc. I think that's the analysis I've been trying to make. Further, I believe he uses his size well at the AHL level, but isn't aggressive and doesn't really bang. I think he would need to change his style a bit and get more aggressive and bang more if he is to be an NHLer. I honestly can't say I know if he has it in him.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Edge

I think Giroux could have an NHL career, but you know what I really like that Matteau comparison. It never really occured to me as a comparison but I can really see it.

Giroux for all his talent (and taking nothing away from last season) is a player who you just always expect more out of. Nice NHL size, good offensive instincts and aggressive when pushed. But the parts never equal the total they should.

I think he could be an NHL'er I just think expectations have to be realistic.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Taz

Im his biggest fan and i'll think he'll settle nicely on a 3rd line

Closed Thread