HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks prospects info/discussion thread VIII

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2014, 01:00 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
Sharks prospects info/discussion thread VIII

Looking ahead to which (unsigned) draftees need to/can be signed this (calendar) year:

• Major junior and European players, not heading to college, must be signed within two years (i.e., 2012 draftees signed by June 1, 2014) or their rights lost. (Lalancette)
  • Sharks have until June 1, 2014 to sign major junior players who received bonafide offers in 2013. (none)
  • Sharks have until June 1, 2014 to offer contracts to major junior players drafted in 2013. (But will still have their rights for another year.) (Boudreau)
  • Sharks have to offer contracts to any college players leaving college before graduation (e.g., freshman, sophomore, junior) by June 1 of the year they leave college. (TBD)
  • Sharks have to sign their 2014 college graduating draftees by August 15, 2014 or lose them as free agents. (Ferriero, Macleod)

Haven't seen much of Lalancette that makes me certain the Sharks will sign him. Bouodreau seems like a good candidate for a deal. While no collegian has yet declared they'll go pro, Kuraly is at the top of my wish list (Blackwell, O'Reagan?). Haven't been overly impressed with Ferriero and Macleod -- they might end up with AHL deals.

Last edited by WTFetus: 03-01-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old
03-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Leidi J

Lalancette's had a much better year in the QMJHL than Boudreau has for what that's worth...

Lalancette: 16g, 37a, 53pts in 62 games. -6, 53% FOs
Boudreau: 14g, 15a, 29pts in 61 games. +4

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign Lalancette or give Boudreau one more year to see

Old
03-01-2014, 01:14 AM
Futuristic
Hertl My Pickles

vCash: 50
Pretty disappointed in Boudreau's vast drop off this year from last year.

Old
03-01-2014, 01:41 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

Haven't seen much of Lalancette that makes me certain the Sharks will sign him. Bouodreau seems like a good candidate for a deal. While no collegian has yet declared they'll go pro, Kuraly is at the top of my wish list (Blackwell, O'Reagan?). Haven't been overly impressed with Ferriero and Macleod -- they might end up with AHL deals.
Of the college guys I'd sign Kuraly, O'Regan, and Macleod. Not interested in Ferriero or Blackwell, they've both fallen off a cliff. They seemed like one dimensional fast skilled forwards to begin with but there also seems to be motivation issues.

Old
03-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Leidi J

Well Blackwell's been injured and hasn't played a game yet this year... so hard to say what's up with him.

Old
03-01-2014, 01:48 AM
OrrNumber4

It seems to me that the Sharks always have a large number of prospects who do really well in the CHL (improving significantly from their draft year), and then just crash completely in the AHL.

Is this a valid observation? How does it compare to other teams around the league? It is it a common phenomenon? Or do the Sharks need to correct their drafting?

Old
03-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
It seems to me that the Sharks always have a large number of prospects who do really well in the CHL (improving significantly from their draft year), and then just crash completely in the AHL.

Is this a valid observation? How does it compare to other teams around the league? It is it a common phenomenon? Or do the Sharks need to correct their drafting?
Its fairly common. Lots of Junior stars are stuck in the AHL trying to find a role.

Old
03-01-2014, 02:06 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leidi J View Post
Well Blackwell's been injured and hasn't played a game yet this year... so hard to say what's up with him.
I watched him play a few times last year and he never impressed me. Hopefully if he's injured he'll come back and improve but I don't have very high hopes.

Old
03-01-2014, 02:52 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I watched him play a few times last year and he never impressed me. Hopefully if he's injured he'll come back and improve but I don't have very high hopes.
Well he is a 7th round pick. I mean it's not like Joe pavelski is going to happen all that often.

Old
03-01-2014, 11:17 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Of the college guys I'd sign Kuraly, O'Regan, and Macleod. Not interested in Ferriero or Blackwell, they've both fallen off a cliff. They seemed like one dimensional fast skilled forwards to begin with but there also seems to be motivation issues.
It's very unlikely that Kuraly turns pro after this season.

If O'Regan leaves BU then he'll be signed and I'm not sure if they will offer MacLeod an ELC or an AHL deal. I'm not sure he has a lot of NHL upside but he could be a good shutdown d-man for Worcester..

For whoever it was that asked about Tierney, I've seen a LOT of him. If you go through the other prospects thread I talk about him quite a bit. In a nutshell, he's having a fantastic season.

Old
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
It's very unlikely that Kuraly turns pro after this season.

If O'Regan leaves BU then he'll be signed and I'm not sure if they will offer MacLeod an ELC or an AHL deal. I'm not sure he has a lot of NHL upside but he could be a good shutdown d-man for Worcester..

For whoever it was that asked about Tierney, I've seen a LOT of him. If you go through the other prospects thread I talk about him quite a bit. In a nutshell, he's having a fantastic season.
Not saying sign this year necessarily, whenever they decide they are done with college hockey. O'Regan I kinda hope decides to go to Worcester though, BU isn't the same without Parker. Those are just the ones I see as have some potential. Sorry if I wasn't clear, it was late when I posted that.

Old
03-01-2014, 02:21 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Not saying sign this year necessarily, whenever they decide they are done with college hockey. O'Regan I kinda hope decides to go to Worcester though, BU isn't the same without Parker. Those are just the ones I see as have some potential. Sorry if I wasn't clear, it was late when I posted that.
Is BU that much worse now without Parker that playing in Worcester for Sommer would be any better?

Old
03-01-2014, 02:26 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
Is BU that much worse now without Parker that playing in Worcester for Sommer would be any better?
Good point. I'm not holding my breath that Sommer will be moved either, hope he is though.

Old
03-01-2014, 11:48 PM
stalockrox

BU won their first road game of the season today and they did it with just 14 skaters as O'Regan (plus 3 other skaters) were all benched due to breaking a 'team rule'.

Old
03-06-2014, 10:41 AM
stalockrox

The Sharks signed their first UFA of the year in RW Barclay Goodrow of the North Bay Battalion.

There is nothing official from the Sharks so no new thread...

Barclay Goodrow @bgoodrow23
Couldn't be more excited to sign my first NHL contract with the @SanJoseSharks , thanks to everyone for the support along the way

Last edited by stalockrox: 03-06-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM
stalockrox

I believe BU's (horrible) season came to an end last night.

I'd assume he'll be finishing up his school year either way but it'll be interesting to see if O'Regan decides to turn pro. The people who cover the team seem to think he'll be returning next year, I'd guess they are right.

Last edited by stalockrox: 03-09-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old
03-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 200
A couple of weeks ago, Fredrik Bergvik made his SHL debut when the league resumed play after the Olympic break. He had 16 saves on 19 shots in about 34 minutes of play as Frölunda lost 6-0.

http://shl.se/shl-arena/38769/postgame/
Bergvik with jersey number 50

Old
03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
sjshark91

Mirco Mueller, no.17 prospect in the nhl. - The hockey news annual future watch.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sha...p-nhl-prospect

Old
03-10-2014, 05:13 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Mirco Mueller, no.17 prospect in the nhl. - The hockey news annual future watch.

Surprising confidence from Burke.

Old
03-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

No surprise, Mueller is a stud.

Old
03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post

I really like Mueller but THN is not good when it comes to this kind of thing so take it with a grain of salt.

Old
03-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Coy

Kinda crazy to hear Burke saying its a 50-50 shot for him to make the team next season. They must have real confidence that he is a stud.

Old
03-10-2014, 06:19 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy View Post
Kinda crazy to hear Burke saying its a 50-50 shot for him to make the team next season. They must have real confidence that he is a stud.
Or the org has a total lack of confidence in or defensemen on the left side after Vlasic.

Old
03-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Coy

Quote:
Or the org has a total lack of confidence in or defensemen on the left side after Vlasic.
Let's hope him and Tierney both have good camps and make the team next season. I really hope they don't rush Mueller as I think he needs awhile to develop but who knows defensemen are weird in their development.

Old
03-10-2014, 06:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy View Post
Burke is also on record saying that Taylor Doherty is NHL-ready, so I don't trust his evaluation as far as I can throw him.

Closed Thread