HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers Available Part II

Old
03-01-2014, 11:51 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Would do Laughton Stolarz 1st for myers by himself. Would not do the deal involving voracek and pysk. I've always had a hard on for brayden McNabb what's the asking price on him?

Edit we would need to move salary in the above deal. Would but be willing to take back meszaros with that? Fills in a need after myers is gone gives us enough cap space to fit him and if you don't like him his contract is up after this year

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
dire wolf
be cool

vCash: 500
I'll say this again - even if trading Myers might eventually make sense, this is absolutely not the time to do it. Let's see what happens with the draft (if we take Ekblad, e.g.), give our D prospects more time to develop, and let Myers up his value by continuing his recent excellent play. So, basically, I'm not listening to any Myers trade proposals right now unless they are absurdly stacked in Buffalo's favor.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
jferguson

Despite what was said last thread, I still have no issues giving up both the OTT 1st and ANA 1st to get Myers. And of course Either Etem, Vatanen, or Rakell.

Myers just needs a change of scenery. He won a Calder when Buffalo was a very good team. A winning environment clearly benefits this kid, which Anaheim is right now.

jferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Yakupov and something for Myers....

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:55 AM
SabreSaurusRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferguson View Post
Despite what was said last thread, I still have no issues giving up both the OTT 1st and ANA 1st to get Myers. And of course Either Etem, Vatanen, or Rakell.

Myers just needs a change of scenery. He won a Calder when Buffalo was a very good team. A winning environment clearly benefits this kid, which Anaheim is right now.
Why does he need a change of scenery? He is playing the best hockey of his life. He is playing at an elite level. If you want Myers you better be prepared to give us a franchise defining player in return. Myers has arguably the most intriguing skillset of any defenseman in the NHL and is playing like an absolute monster. Seems like almost every game he is far and away the best player on the ice.

Of course, 2 1sts and Etem is intriguing, but I doubt any of those 3 players will be at Myers' level. It will take a no brainer for GMTM to swing a deal for Myers IMO. He has potential to be the best defenseman in the 40+ year history of the sabres.

SabreSaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
OldSchoolAvalanche

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Have you read any posts by Sabres fans? We don't want a handful of good pieces if Myers in on the table. We want what Myers is at a different position: ONE great young player with the potential to be even better.
And this post is exactly why he won't be traded.. a up and down player for a great player...if I was buffalo id just keep him.

OldSchoolAvalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
Yakupov and something for Myers....
I'd prefer to keep Myers.

Not a huge Yakupov fan myself.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Audette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferguson View Post

If you think he needs a change of scenery to play better, you have not watched him since Nolan took over.

Audette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Audette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
I'd prefer to keep Myers.

Not a huge Yakupov fan myself.
Yakupov, Grabner, and a 2015 first might be a start.

Audette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:33 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audette View Post
Yakupov, Grabner, and a 2015 first might be a start.
Do you even know who Yakupov or Grabner play for??

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:34 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyEightMPH View Post
Would Buffalo be wise to use Myers to try and acquire an NHL ready goaltending prospect? Anaheim is in the market for a d-man? They have the cap space and a log jam between the pipes.

I just don't see Enroth as the future of that team. As good as Buffalo's forward and defensive prospects are, their goaltending is pretty mediocre.
No, they absolutely would not.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:37 PM
jrs2000

So, what I'm seeing here is that Buffalo is looking for a "great young player", a "#1 center", etc. Seeing as Anaheim is one of the possible trade partners with Buffalo, this means you're looking for

Getzlaf

for

Myers

Really? Let's see some trade proposals from Buffalo fans that could actually happen, there's lots of proposals coming in but I'm hardly seeing any counters from Buffalo fans.

jrs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:40 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs2000 View Post
So, what I'm seeing here is that Buffalo is looking for a "great young player", a "#1 center", etc. Seeing as Anaheim is one of the possible trade partners with Buffalo, this means you're looking for

Getzlaf

for

Myers

Really? Let's see some trade proposals from Buffalo fans that could actually happen, there's lots of proposals coming in but I'm hardly seeing any counters from Buffalo fans.
Anaheim was listed because TSN speculated they would be interested in Myers, not because they have what Buffalo would require in return. I don't see a forward in that organization that would fit the Sabres needs in such a (hypothetical) trade.

Old
03-01-2014, 12:44 PM
jrs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Anaheim was listed because TSN speculated they would be interested in Myers, not because they have what Buffalo would require in return. I don't see a forward in that organization that would fit the Sabres needs in such a (hypothetical) trade.
Yeah, Getz would be an obvious no-go and we don't have a GOOD 2C that could fit the bill. Was just curious, ty for the response.

Old
03-01-2014, 12:50 PM
SnuggaRUDE

Quote:

Getzlaf

for

Myers

You're not seeing many counter suggestions because they don't see much point in moving him. Why would a team which is rebuilding ship out a potentially dominant huge physical defensemen under 25? That's the sort of piece you build a team around. Unless someone is offering a potentially dominant #1 center of roughly the same age there's very little reason to make a trade.

The Sabres have many future assets; they have more top 60 assets right now than any other team. There's little reason to believe they are looking to diversify their holdings. Great teams need a defensmen to build around; and a center to build around. It makes sense to give up Myers if they think they'll get that center; or if they'll get a better defensmen.

There's a reason 10-20% of the first page posts are about Tyler Myers or eventually become about Tyler Myers. And it isn't because he's a great locker room guy on a fantastic contract a team targets right before the playoffs.

SnuggaRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:

Getzlaf

for

Myers

I don't think Buffalo fans really want to trade Myers.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 12:53 PM
jrs2000

Don't get me wrong, if I was a Buffalo fan I wouldn't want to trade him either.. He has more value to the Sabres than he does to most other teams in all likelihood, making a reasonable trade for both sides difficult to figure out.

Old
03-01-2014, 12:58 PM
DrDangles

I don't understand the logic here. Why would Myers not be a main piece of their rebuild? Trading him for futures is far too risky.

Still interesting though. Myers for Drouin?

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Mike203

Sabres needs a 1C and that is the only thing I would trade Myers for... ROR or RNH... anything else we keep him.

Mike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:10 PM
TheCLAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike203 View Post
Sabres needs a 1C and that is the only thing I would trade Myers for... ROR or RNH... anything else we keep him.
Myers hasn't exactly had the performance to merrit a trade for one of the premier young centers in the game. I feel the a #1 C for the Sabres will be addressed via the draft rather than through a trade. Secondly, I could see a trade between EDM/BUF involving a forward for defenseman (Myers) swap.

TheCLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Mergus merganser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDangles View Post
I don't understand the logic here. Why would Myers not be a main piece of their rebuild? Trading him for futures is far too risky.

Still interesting though. Myers for Drouin?
Myers may not be part of their rebuild because they have two towering near blue-chip prospects in Risto and Zadorov waiting in the wings. On top of that, if they moved Myers and ended up with the 1st overall, they could take Ekblad to replace him in this years draft. But the only reason to delay the teams development like that is if they can get a legit #1 center prospect who has already proven competent in the NHL.

While other fans may not think Myers is worth a #1 center prospect/player, I'd wager that there are GM's out there that do. 6'8" defensemen who can score are not easy to come by. Not only that, but he is developing an edge to his game. He must have realized that he is damn near a foot taller than half the players.

One could make the argument that they are harder to come by than a #1 center. But we aren't going to have that argument here, search for #1 center vs. #1 d man and you'll find plenty of circular arguments.

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:12 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
I don't think Buffalo fans really want to trade Myers.
ding ding ding! We have a winner. And it only took 45 pages to get there.

Old
03-01-2014, 01:14 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Just because a player is made "available" doesn't mean a team is willing to part with that player for picks/prospects. As an Oil fan, I like the idea of an Eberle-Myers based deal. We are two bottom feeders, one unable to keep the puck out, the other unable to put the puck in. Its a pure hockey deal that takes from each team's strength to address an area of weakness. And with how horrible our team has been, I would hope everyone is available - including Hall.

I watched the Sabres game last night and Myers was great. I also caught the Murray presser in the 2nd intermission, which gave good insight, but unfortunately right when a reporter asked a direct question about Myers availability, they cut back to studio. All I could see was the reaction on Murray's face when the question was being asked and he didn't look pleased with the question. Wish I knew what his answer was, but my impression was that Myers is not someone he is interested in moving, or talking about moving. Might be "available," but not for lessors.

Didn't get a reply in the first thread about my proposal, so here goes again:

To BUF: Eberle, Petry, 2015 2nd

To EDM: Myers, Stewart
I agree with everything here but the proposal. We can't trade any defensemen right now aside from our scrub AHLers and Nick Schultz. Bringing Myers in and moving Petry out still leaves the issue if having too few NHL defensemen. I think we should forget about Stewart. He reminds me of Penner, and management couldn't wait to get rid of him.

ManofSteel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
Myers may not be part of their rebuild because they have two towering near blue-chip prospects in Risto and Zadorov waiting in the wings. On top of that, if they moved Myers and ended up with the 1st overall, they could take Ekblad to replace him in this years draft. But the only reason to delay the teams development like that is if they can get a legit #1 center prospect who has already proven competent in the NHL.

While other fans may not think Myers is worth a #1 center prospect/player, I'd wager that there are GM's out there that do. 6'8" defensemen who can score are not easy to come by. One could make the argument that they are harder to come by than a #1 center. But we aren't going to have that argument here, search for #1 center vs. #1 d man and you'll find plenty of circular arguments.

Only problem is Myers isn't a #1 dman right now and may never be... RNH IS a #1 center in this league while slumping @ 20 YOA, if he plays to potential he is a top 10 center in the league possibly top 5. No way do you move RNH straight up for Myers. I offered up the Edmonton 1st overall giving you a shot at both Ekblad & Reinhart/Bennett and Buffalo fans shot that down without any rebuttal.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLAM View Post
Myers hasn't exactly had the performance to merrit a trade for one of the premier young centers in the game. I feel the a #1 C for the Sabres will be addressed via the draft rather than through a trade. Secondly, I could see a trade between EDM/BUF involving a forward for defenseman (Myers) swap.
I agree somewhat with this...though I would suggest Myers play this season has merited that return. The risk is that if you look at a wider sample size beyond this year then yes I agree...there should be concerns for the acquiring team.

The bottom line though is that a narrative has been created about Myers that he has been garbage since his rookie season which is preventing people from observing just how good he has been this year on a really bad team.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote