HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Least Favourite Teams

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Easy, probably just b/c they seem to have the worst fans.
-Isles
-Devils
-Flyers

Old
08-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Vinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo72
Amen to that..
I agree with him Sather sucks and has ruined the franchise with the best fans in all of hockey.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:20 PM
BwayBshirt

1. devils
the combination of their success, their boring style, and their complete, thorough dominance over us makes me want to beat them more than any other team. with all due respect to new jersey fans, i love it when they're eliminated from the playoffs.

2. flyers
see devils...except they don't have the cups and are ever so slightly less boring to watch. bobby clarke is right there with pat quinn and even brian burke on my most hated/annoying to hear list.

3. maple leafs
the recent versions of toronto bug me and as mentioned i hate quinn.

4. islanders
the fact that they have made the playoffs under mike milbury 3 straights seasons disgust me. even if they don't have the success once they get there.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
The Pens Are Back*

oh boy where do i start

1.Rangers. for "buying" the cup in 94...now i cant chant "1940" anymore

....lemiuex doctored his gloves? yes... so do a lot of skill players. it allows for more movement. why try to outplay anyone with skill when you can bury your stick in rich sutter's teeth (hey mark messier)
Lemiuex also missed games in that series .Richter blows a save from outside the blue line yet you hate the pens cause mario got special treatment. hilarious

...how many times did adam graves come in to fight for M. mean mark messier and not get a 3rd man in penalty and ejection

... the league favoring the pens all the time.. hahah.... who was the person connected with the league who valued troy mallette as equal compensation for adam graves??????? yeah no favoritism there

....trading away $$$millions and crappy players for stars... "hey we can always buy a cup" and still miss the playoffs for 7 yeras.
that stat above may be worse than not winning the cup for 54 years (esp. since there were only 6 teams for at least half of those"

...complaining about the pens good draft picks... we lost the lottery for AO last year..where was the uproar then??
the rangers have not made the playoffs in 7 years. that should mean top 10 draft picks. where are those "superstars"
Brendl, malhotra, lundmark, Blackburn. bure trade
your team blows it and you take it out on another and complain about 1 team that wins the lottery (although they were clearly the worst in the league when they last played) hilarious

.. hanging mario doll after coming back from cancer.... typical of the classy ranger fans

2. flyers (except when playing the rangers)

3.devils (except when playing the rangers)

Old
08-11-2005, 11:32 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Gotta say, I don't hate the Devils. I don't love them, but like Detroit, I respect them.

Hated teams:

1. Islanders -- it wasn't always so: I loved Glenn Healey in he playoff run in '93; I was really rooting for them in that one playoff series against Toronto after Tucker went low for that dirty hit on Peca. That said, it's a team that I never liked under normal circumstances, and I really dislike them now. I love it when the Rangers beat them.

2. Toronto -- this is a team that I used to like. I've always loved Montreal, but I used to sort of like the Leafs. Nowadays, I hate the way they play. I hate that every playoffs, they seem to come out with the idea that you can win a series by injuring as many opponents as possible. I hate hate hate Darcy Tucker. I hate him so much that if he became a Ranger, I'd still want him shot. I hate him the same way I hated Bryan Marchment and Dale Hunter. What burns me up is people call dirty players like those three 'heart and soul' players. Any team Tucker is the 'heart and soul' of deserves no respect from me.

3. Flyers -- Traditionally the team I hate the most. They have had a bad habit of signing and drafting players I really like over the last few years, though, which drives me absolutely nuts -- guys like JR, Tony Amonte, Simon Gagne, Sami Kapanen, Joni Pitkänen, and now Peter Forsberg ! Add to this a great coach I respect, an entertaining brand of hockey, and a good fanbase (I have to admit, Philadelphia's not a bad place to watch a hockey game). On the other hand, I cannot stand Clarke, plus they signed Derien Hatcher, who's only redeeming feature is that he's not Darcy Tucker.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:09 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettougher
typical of the classy ranger fans
Man, you sure got us pegged. I presume that your application to Scotland Yard is being processed?

Old
08-12-2005, 08:49 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
While I stated my least favorite liked teams being: NYI, NJD, TOR

My 4 favorite teams behind NYR are: TB ( been a Bulin fan for about 3 1/2 years ), EDM,LA and Philly.

People probably dont understand the Philly one but I just like the way they play. They work hard there gritty theycan score and they build the way I like to which is N.a players, and fillin with some Euros.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
oh boy where do i start

....lemiuex doctored his gloves? yes... so do a lot of skill players. it allows for more movement. why try to outplay anyone with skill when you can bury your stick in rich sutter's teeth (hey mark messier)
Lemiuex also missed games in that series .Richter blows a save from outside the blue line yet you hate the pens cause mario got special treatment. hilarious

...how many times did adam graves come in to fight for M. mean mark messier and not get a 3rd man in penalty and ejection

... the league favoring the pens all the time.. hahah.... who was the person connected with the league who valued troy mallette as equal compensation for adam graves??????? yeah no favoritism there

....trading away $$$millions and crappy players for stars... "hey we can always buy a cup" and still miss the playoffs for 7 yeras.
that stat above may be worse than not winning the cup for 54 years (esp. since there were only 6 teams for at least half of those"

...complaining about the pens good draft picks... we lost the lottery for AO last year..where was the uproar then??
the rangers have not made the playoffs in 7 years. that should mean top 10 draft picks. where are those "superstars"
your team blows it and you take it out on another and complain about 1 team that wins the lottery (although they were clearly the worst in the league when they last played) hilarious

.. hanging mario doll after coming back from cancer.... typical of the classy ranger fans

Leave it to a Pens fan to lamenting having to settle for picking second in the draft.

Buying the Cup in '94? Oh please back up that statement.

Old
08-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
1 Islanders - Yashin, Milbury, Blake...
2 Leafs - Mostly because of their fans, i'm happy Leetch's stay was short.
3 Flyers - Clarke and Brashear

Old
08-12-2005, 09:06 AM
shoothepuck

1.) Islanders = fishsticks, 2.) Flyers = Clark, 3.) Devils = lousy fans.

Old
08-12-2005, 10:14 AM
pens66-87

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I agree on all counts here. Just to add other things that make me detest the Pens:
1. Maryo's non-stop whining
2. Maryo's whining causing Graves to be suspended from a playoff game, while he himself does not miss a shift.
actually he was out for 5 games, not a shift

Old
08-12-2005, 10:26 AM
pens66-87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
1. Islanders - Cant Stand Yashin. Im glad Cloutier beat the crap out of Salo. He should have beat the crap out of Milbury.

2. Penguins - Cant stand Lemiuex. He complains about everything. I do like Crosby, but the Pens always come up with good draft picks, I wonder why.

3. Devils - Never liked Stevens and White for some reason. They are a good team but they are boring to watch.

4. Red Wings - They can sign a bunch of old farts, and it works for them every time and they always get good draft picks while doing well in the playoffs.

5. Bruins - Good team, good talent but I cant stand them. I like how Lindros beat the crap out of Thornton a few years ago. That was a classic.

you wonder why the pens get good draft picks, well the last 3 seasons they have played awlful, maybe thats why they got 1st,2nd, and 1st....and besides these picks you have to go back to 1991 when naslund was picked 16th, or the year before when jagr was picked 5th......so ya i mean naslund and the jagr picks must have been set up by the nhl,

Old
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66-87
you wonder why the pens get good draft picks, well the last 3 seasons they have played awlful, maybe thats why they got 1st,2nd, and 1st....and besides these picks you have to go back to 1991 when naslund was picked 16th, or the year before when jagr was picked 5th......so ya i mean naslund and the jagr picks must have been set up by the nhl,

Rangers been bad past 7 years and the only NHL players that the Rangers drafted since 97 that played in the NHL that played more than 50 games with the Rangers was Mike York , Manny Malhotra, Tomas Kloucek and Jamie Lundmark. And all of them were dealt away except for Lundmark at this point, and not to mention Dan Blackburn as well but he got hurt. The Rangers got at least one NHL player from these draft: 1 from 97, 2 from 98, and 1 from 99. They also had Zidlicky from 2001 who never played a game with the Rangers cause he was dealt away.

The Pens on the other had have Melichar, Kraft, Ference (before he got dealt to flames), Koltsov, Malone, Orpik, Surovy. That is not bad for a team that never had any cash. They got at least one NHL player from these drafts: 2 from 97, 1 from 98, 2 from 99 draft, 1 from 2000, and 1 from 2001 draft.

Old
08-12-2005, 11:45 AM
eco's bones

[QUOTE=gettougher]oh boy where do i start

Well he took the stuffing out of them----Who's fault is that? That whack he took on the hand happens all the time. The other Pens fan came on here claiming some Ranger had gooned it up and speared him. Hah. The referee was right there and gave it a 2 minute penalty if I'm not mistaken. But because it happened to 'Mario'
a media circus ensued. Do you dispute any of that? Do you think Graves did it on purpose?
As far as the Graves compensation case you've misrepresented that too. At the time when an agreement couldn't be reached in a RFA compensation case both teams in the dispute would submit to the league an offer they thought was just and then the arbitrator would choose between the two. Sather then the Edmonton Gm asked for quite a lot for Graves. The rangers had submitted Mallette whose numbers statistically up until that time were quite close to Graves's numbers so the arbitrator chose the Rangers submission.

Old
08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
oh boy where do i start

I'll take message board cliches for $500, Alex.

Old
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Slewfoot

1. Islanders
2. Devils
3. Flyers
4. Bruins

Old
08-12-2005, 02:40 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
It's never boring when it's your favourite team winning, but in this case it isn't.
How can you hate us when we've never beaten you guys in a big game and or playoff seires.

Old
08-12-2005, 03:14 PM
CoolDude*

I never used to hate the Penguins.. But now that their fans came out from hiding I now hate those damn pens.

Old
08-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
And yet despite your anger and disappointment you probably cannot deny the truth in the comments which bother you.

The thread was what teams do you dislike, what exactly were you expecting?

I don't go on another teams board and expect to hear flattering things about the Rangers, its players or much of anything else.

Now if this thread were actually on the Pens board than I could understand, but your going for a real stretch here.
Pittsburgh fans have become very sensitive since they won the Crosby lottery and signed all these UFA's. Maybe there not used to criticism.

Old
08-12-2005, 03:17 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil
Pittsburgh fans have become very sensitive since they won the Crosby lottery and signed all these UFA's. Maybe there not used to criticism.
Yeah, and too bad their Defense and Goaltending BLOWS!!!

Old
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
eco's bones

Oh I expect that they'll be much improved this year. With or without Mario. They should make the playoffs anyway.

Old
08-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
3) Pens: Save us NHL. And again. And again. Brother can you spare an arena?

Old
08-12-2005, 04:02 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Oh I expect that they'll be much improved this year. With or without Mario. They should make the playoffs anyway.
Based on what? The past success of teams with their core mainly UFA's and new additions?

Old
08-12-2005, 04:25 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Based on what? The past success of teams with their core mainly UFA's and new additions?
It's true they are defensively challenged. Even so Whitney and Fleury are major building blocks for the future. Their PwP should be lethal. I expect Crosby to step right in and be a major force. Mario hasn't played a full season in a while. Even without him though I think they'll put together 2 pretty good top lines--better than ours I'm afraid. We are at the stage where if we're going to be good again--that we're probably going to be taking baby steps in the forseeable future (2-3 years
anyway). We'll need patience and pluck. That doesn't mean we have to listen to someone like the last Penguin poster who comes spewing garbage.

Old
08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
The Pens Are Back*

[QUOTE=eco's bones]
Quote:
oh boy where do i start

Well he took the stuffing out of them----Who's fault is that? That whack he took on the hand happens all the time. The other Pens fan came on here claiming some Ranger had gooned it up and speared him. Hah. The referee was right there and gave it a 2 minute penalty if I'm not mistaken. But because it happened to 'Mario'
a media circus ensued. Do you dispute any of that? Do you think Graves did it on purpose?
As far as the Graves compensation case you've misrepresented that too. At the time when an agreement couldn't be reached in a RFA compensation case both teams in the dispute would submit to the league an offer they thought was just and then the arbitrator would choose between the two. Sather then the Edmonton Gm asked for quite a lot for Graves. The rangers had submitted Mallette whose numbers statistically up until that time were quite close to Graves's numbers so the arbitrator chose the Rangers submission.

a lot of posters on here claim Bertuzzi's punishment for jumping moore was the injury he suffered. Lemiuex broke his hand from a 2 handed whack. 2 minutes for graves...2 minutes for bertuzzi i guess also

so, mallette is equal in an "arbitor" eyes. was that arbitor a ranger fan?
the devils received scott stevens as compensation for a brendan shanahan who hadn't done squat yet.
how is that even

buying the cup... i guess all the money included with the trades to edmonton doesn't mean anything

Closed Thread