HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Least Favourite Teams

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettougher
a lot of posters on here claim Bertuzzi's punishment for jumping moore was the injury he suffered. Lemiuex broke his hand from a 2 handed whack. 2 minutes for graves...2 minutes for bertuzzi i guess also

so, mallette is equal in an "arbitor" eyes. was that arbitor a ranger fan?
the devils received scott stevens as compensation for a brendan shanahan who hadn't done squat yet.
how is that even

buying the cup... i guess all the money included with the trades to edmonton doesn't mean anything
You are talking cba's ago. This is how the arbitration process for an RFA worked back then. When I said Sather asked for a lot I meant precisely that. I believe he asked for two players and one of them might have been Turcotte coming off his 30 goal season in his first year. Graves up until this time was in the 10 goal a year range. Whatever what Sather asked for was so out of line that the arbitrator decided on the Mallette offer. You should keep in mind that although Graves scored 26 goals in his first season with the Rangers it took him about 20 games to score his first of the season.
He was very much a work in progress.

Old
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettougher
Lemiuex broke his hand from a 2 handed whack.
Is my memory so bad? I do not recall Maryo neither breaking his hand nor missing 5 games.

Old
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
The Pens Are Back*

definately broke his hand. only reason he was able to come back and play was it was his top hand on the stick. never would have played if it was the other hand.

he missed games for sure. i think it was 2 or 3.

Old
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
True Blue

I have no recollection of Maryo breaking his hand. The Graves play was a slap on the wrist.

Old
08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
1) PHILADELPHIA: I just absolutely DESPISE everything about Philly, and their teams, especially the FLYERS and EAGLES who get away with so much. Thankfully they never win big.

2) The LONG ISLAND ICELANDERS: When I first started to like hockey I was impartial to them and rooted for them to do good, but despite the fact they have won more stanley cups than us in the last 30 years, they still act like they are the forsaken little brother. Well actually they are, but I still hate them.

3)THE ARMPITTSBURGH PENGUINS: This team shouldn't even exist. I am all for helping the weak, but this team is ridiculous and it's all because of MARIO.

4) THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: I hope my gf never finds out because she is a LEAFS fan but I hate it when her dad acts like they own the nhl, and that is something all their fans think.

5) THE BOSTON BRUINS: Just because they are from BOSTON, my second most despised place in the universe behind filthadelphia.

6) THE DETROIT REDWINGS: They are just a reminder of what we would have been like had we anyone with brains running this organization.

7) THE ATLANTA THRASHERS, FLORIDA PANTHERS, NASHVILLE PREDS, ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS, AND ALL THE UNNECESSARY TEAMS THAT ARE KILLING THE SPORT OF HOCKEY.

Honorable Mention:

The NJ Devils, but at least I respect them.

Old
08-12-2005, 07:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pens Are Back
a lot of posters on here claim Bertuzzi's punishment for jumping moore was the injury he suffered. Lemiuex broke his hand from a 2 handed whack. 2 minutes for graves...2 minutes for bertuzzi i guess also

so, mallette is equal in an "arbitor" eyes. was that arbitor a ranger fan?
the devils received scott stevens as compensation for a brendan shanahan who hadn't done squat yet.
how is that even

buying the cup... i guess all the money included with the trades to edmonton doesn't mean anything
1) I don't seem to recall Graves sucker punching Maryo to the back of the head (while he didn't have the puck), land on him, and then proceed to continue hit him as he lay on the ice.

Maybe not the best comparison, eh?

2) Yes he was a Ranger fan

3) Please enlighten me about said trades.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:18 PM
The Pens Are Back*

there was about 1/2 million dollars thrown in with the messier deal. the graves restricted FA contract was typical NY overspending. no way edmonton could match that offer

point was some posters on this thread said graves got suspended just because mario was hurt and not for the infraction....kinda of like Bertuzzi

i could go on, but it seems like i'll get banned soon for voicing my opinion

no thanks

Old
08-12-2005, 08:23 PM
The Pens Are Back*

pens win lottery (they were the worst team the last time the league played)
equals a conspiracy

mallette equals graves ?????.......no conspiracy there though

i got it now
anything good that happens to the pens is a conspiracy
anything good happens with the rangers its all sound business moves

Old
08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
mallette equals graves ?????.......no conspiracy there though

i got it now
anything good that happens to the pens is a conspiracy
anything good happens with the rangers its all sound business moves

Mallete had 51 points(25g 26a) in 150 games played when he was awarded to the Oilers.

Graves had 60 points (23g 37a) in 217 games played when the Rangers signed him.

So, yeah, Mallette kinda did equal Graves.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:

1.Rangers. for "buying" the cup in 94...now i cant chant "1940" anymore
I guess you are mad as a pens fan people are getting on Lemieux so being a child and angry you respond with a " I'll get you back and say something bad about NYR" Grow up kid any way.

If you state something back it up, the cup was not brought NYR they had a team full of great young players and at the chance to fill out the roster with some solid vets took the advantage and traded away some of there " FUTRURE STAR PLAYERS " ( Zubov #1 d-man , Amonte 1st line winger, Weight #1 center ) to acquire some good vets NYR brought no one they won the cup but to do it they gave up some big pieces of the teams future. And do what every other NHL team does add what is needed to be successful, isnt PITTS doing that now, I would think so , but instead of giving up youth in trades for vets they tank a couple seasons " TANK " anyway acquire good 1st rounders except for this year they won the lottery.

Anyway Pitts got some good youth in the lineup and from ateam that been no where it seems to me buy signing all these vets that they been signing, not trading for but signing maybe they are trying to buy a cup .

Old
08-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Skroob*

Islanders - just because

Philly - because fans of sports teams from that city are one step below Neanderthals

Penguins - for all the reasons Rancid said.

Im not old enough to have a hatred for Boston, and as for the Devils, you never hear of them and its not like they have a lot of fans to give us crap, so they're mostly off the radar.

Old
08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
casualobserver

1. All the other 29 teams in the NHL
2. I like the Rangers only
3. Every one else is our enemy

Old
08-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
1)- New York Islanders
2)- Philadelphia Flyers
3)- Pittsburgh Penguins / Vancouver Canucks

****'em

Old
08-12-2005, 10:26 PM
neversummer

I'm a Ranger Fan since 1979
Don't like: Wild, Preds, Yotes, Hurricane
Thrashers Works
Bring back: Whalers, North Stars, Jets, Nordiques
Like the entire NHL otherwise.
The Yotes are bearable now that the uniforms have changed and Gretz is there.
Not sure about those Florida teams.

Old
08-12-2005, 11:34 PM
pens66-87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Yeah, and too bad their Defense and Goaltending BLOWS!!!

and this is coming from a ranger fan? truly puzzling

Old
08-12-2005, 11:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66-87
No one is talking about the Rangers being a playoff team.

Old
08-12-2005, 11:53 PM
petrskudra1

Quote:
definately broke his hand. only reason he was able to come back and play was it was his top hand on the stick. never would have played if it was the other hand.

he missed games for sure. i think it was 2 or 3.

The top hand on the stick is more important and is used more in hockey.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:12 AM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Easily #1 for me is the Islanders.
#2 is the Devils.
#3 is Philly.
#4 is Det because they spent and they actually came out with results.
BTW, Detroit didn't start to get expensive until after the first two Cups, then salaries went up to retain players they already had. 2002
was the only real free agent year of any note, they got Hull and Robitalle. Hasek was a trade.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:54 AM
CoolDude*

Time for my official list I guess:

1.) Vancouver Canucks:
Can't stand them, can't stand their fans. Living in B.C makes it worse.

2.) NY Islanders:
How can I like this team? With the Ashams, Niinimas, Yashins etc.... I'm sooo glad they got Sopel!

3.) NJ Devils:
Can't stand them.

4.) Pit Penguins:
A new one to the list.. mainly because of their fans.

5. Philly Flyers

Old
08-13-2005, 02:16 AM
eco's bones

On Lemieux's injury. Rangers get penalty. Right after faceoff puck comes back to Lemieux at point. Graves slides out towards him. Lemieux with his patience with the puck allows Graves to move right in on him before quickly passing it by him to another player---which is when he got swatted. Unfortunately for him he got whacked right on the spot where his gloves weren't giving him protection anymore
and I'll submit once again that he's the one that made that choice and that the Graves slash is one your average fan will see this year at least 500 times.
On Bertuzzi's assault on Moore. Planned and discussed for practically a whole week before the incident. An attack from behind driving the players head into the ice and
then pounding away at an unconscious and prone player. I don't see any comparison.

Old
08-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66-87
So Thibault blows? When did the rags have a goalie as good as T-bo? probably richter like 10 years ago. As for D, the pens have the highest scoring D who are also underrated defensively. Overall, defensively the pens arent good compared to most teams, but the offensive part of their games makes up for it. Gonchar, good for 60 points, Tarnstrom, good for 50 points, Jackman, had 22 points in 23 games with pens last season, Whitney, huge potential as offensive Dman and 5th overall pick a couple years back.
BTW, after reading all your posts about how u hate the penguins, none of u had a valid reason for hating them. Most of them are "they were poorly run for the past 2 decades" and theyre "arena beggers". So you telling me winning 2 cups and being the best team of the 1990s and making the playoffs for 12 years in a row is a poorly run team? And who exactly are the pens begging an arena? Are they knocking on Sather's door to ask for an arena? They're trying to find funding for a new arena, i don't know who they're begging. While some of you hate them cuz of ur hatred for the fans, not all fans are the same. You can't base your opinion of everone based on a couple people. You may or may not agree with my opinions, or anyone else's, however, one person's views arent' necessarily the same as most other peoples'.

Last edited by Ziggyjoe21: 08-13-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old
08-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Onion Boy

1. NY Islanders
2. Philadelphia
3. New Jersey
4. Boston
5. Pittsburgh

Old
08-13-2005, 02:54 AM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21
So Thibault blows? When did the rags have a goalie as good as T-bo? probably richter like 10 years ago. As for D, the pens have the highest scoring D who are also underrated defensively. Overall, defensively the pens arent good compared to most teams, but the offensive part of their games makes up for it. Gonchar, good for 60 points, Tarnstrom, good for 50 points, Jackman, had 22 points in 23 games with pens last season, Whitney, huge potential as offensive Dman and 5th overall pick a couple years back.
BTW, after reading all your posts about how u hate the penguins, none of u had a valid reason for hating them. Most of them are "they were poorly run for the past 2 decades" and theyre "arena beggers". So you telling me winning 2 cups and being the best team of the 1990s and making the playoffs for 12 years in a row is a poorly run team? And who exactly are the pens begging an arena? Are they knocking on Sather's door to ask for an arena? They're trying to find funding for a new arena, i don't know who they're begging. While some of you hate them cuz of ur hatred for the fans, not all fans are the same. You can't base your opinion of everone based on a couple people. You may or may not agree with my opinions, or anyone else's, however, one person's views arent' necessarily the same as most other peoples'.
Isn't it common knowledge that Thibault isn't all that great? He will have a very nice stretch where he plays great each season but he alwayd wears down as the season goes on. Oh, and he was traded for a 4th rounder, that should also tell you how "great" he is.

Old
08-13-2005, 03:28 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Oh, and he was traded for a 4th rounder, that should also tell you how "great" he is.
Dumbest argument ever. He was traded for a 4th rounder because it was a salary dump.

I guess Roenick is just a crap player too, seeing as LA got him for nothing.

Old
08-13-2005, 03:50 AM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu
Dumbest argument ever. He was traded for a 4th rounder because it was a salary dump.

I guess Roenick is just a crap player too, seeing as LA got him for nothing.
No, it wasn't a salary dump. Chicago traded him because they addressed their WEAKNESS in GOAL by signing Khabby.

WHy would they sign Khabibulin if they already had superstar goalie Thibault who will win a Stanley CUp with the Pens?

Closed Thread