HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

has anyone heard anything about this?

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 12:07 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
has anyone heard anything about this?

at OTG they are quoting some guy named code about the rangers talking to the Sens about Havlat or Hossa... apparently they're having a tough time signing Havlat?

also Poti to wild or canucks.. Bertuzzi possibly to the NYR

and rangers looking at jackman

if anyone can tell me why this should be believable (are there more credible sources stating this?.. and has code been right before?) i'd appreciate it

anyway thought it was interesting enough to bring over to here if it isn't already

Old
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

The Jackman one was started over here by some guy who said his dads friends told him or something. It was like the kids 5th post...it was closed pretty fast.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
They've already resigned Havlat.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=133046

They lowballed Hossa, so he's going for arbitration. Unless Hossa's award puts them way over the cap, neither is going anywhere anytime soon.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:13 PM
in the hall

yeah i remembered jackman being mentioned somewhere over here.. anyway here are the links to the places if anyone is curious and has an account to the hockey nations one give us some detail please

http://www.outsidethegarden.com/foru...94&whichpage=7

http://invisionfree.com/forums/hnhoc...opic=39&st=255

http://invisionfree.com/forums/hnhoc...opic=39&st=525

http://invisionfree.com/forums/hnhoc...p?showtopic=40

http://invisionfree.com/forums/hnhoc...opic=40&st=150

Old
08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
BigE

Hossa is the one they're having difficulties with because he wants Iginla type money. If push comes to shove he'll sign a one year qualifying offer and then move into unrestricted free agency next season.

Havlat and Fisher were re-upped yesterday. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=133046

Bertuzzi has been re-instated and you can bet that he won't be traded. The Canucks can afford him but they can't afford to take on a salary like Poti's especially with the uncertainty of Ohlund's upcoming arbitration battle. Part of the reason why the got rid of Sopel was because they couldn't afford his 1.6.

Barret Jackman would be great but the Blues won't deal him, regardless of the shoulder problems.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:18 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Just because they signed him doesn't mean they cant trade them(Pronger)...

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 08-11-2005 at 01:37 PM. Reason: inflamatory comment deleted
Old
08-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Levitate

i'd be pretty surprised if the rangers WEREN'T shopping around and looking for some trades...hell, they even explicitly said they were going to be trying to do that and had guys in mind they were thinking of trading for before the lockout even ended.

whether or not they can land any of them and have it be worth it is another matter

wouldn't surprise me to see poti traded...and i'd love to get jackman but I think the odds are pretty slim

Old
08-11-2005, 01:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Bertuzzi possibly to the NYR
Play him on a line with Dom Moore. That'll get the best out of both of them.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
steve moore is a fa also get all 3 on one line yeas baby couldn't wait to see when they score a goal. no hugs sticks across then neck

Old
08-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I heard all the fuss and signed up. Yes, I'm a sucker.

The guy claims he's *something* at IMG and gets info from player agents. Says he hears what teams are shopping for who and what.

As for the site, its VERY immature with people following him like a GOD. I just pop in to see what the guy has to say. Thats where I got that Balej, Prucha and prospect for Havlat and 2nd deal.

Not sure what this guy gets out of providing the public with insider info if he is really legit. But it seems way too odd idk. But hey the rumors keep me occupied.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:42 PM
eco's bones

To me it's a disgrace they're even allowing Bertuzzi back. It's like they seem to be making out he missed all of last season. Duh! This guy is lucky he's not in prison. I don't really care how good he is. I don't want him on my team.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
To me it's a disgrace they're even allowing Bertuzzi back. It's like they seem to be making out he missed all of last season. Duh! This guy is lucky he's not in prison. I don't really care how good he is. I don't want him on my team.
In fact, I think he should be incarcerated and eventually executed!

Old
08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Any Jackman rumors are nothing but pipe dreams. I'm not at all a fan of Poti, but to trade him for Bertuzzi? Not only does Bertuzzi not work with our supposed youth movement (I know, who on our roster does), but he's quite the despicable character. I don't know that any team would be anxious to acquire someone with his baggage.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Barnaby

Forget Jackman... the Havlat rumors are an even bigger joke. I mean, let's just trade Prucha for Crosby and a 3rd? Havlat is going to be a premier scorer in the league for a looooong time. With Hossa looking more and more like he's going to leave after next year, it makes no sense at all for Schmuckler to move him.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Just because they signed him doesn't mean they cant trade them(Pronger)...
That's a different situation. He was qualified, not signed.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:52 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by midclasscasualty
Any Jackman rumors are nothing but pipe dreams. I'm not at all a fan of Poti, but to trade him for Bertuzzi? Not only does Bertuzzi not work with our supposed youth movement (I know, who on our roster does), but he's quite the despicable character. I don't know that any team would be anxious to acquire someone with his baggage.
The guy makes one mistake and he's worse than Al Bundy.

No one has ever condoned what he did but he's served his punishment and it's now time for him to play. He's a leader in the room and does a helluva lot in the community. He's not a vicious person, he just has difficulties in controlling his emotion; something, by the way, that he's been forced to receive "help" for.

I'd take Todd on my team any day. Anyone so foolish as to state otherwise is clearly out to lunch when discussing this game of hockey.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE

No one has ever condoned what he did but he's served his punishment and it's now time for him to play. He's a leader in the room and does a helluva lot in the community. He's not a vicious person, he just has difficulties in controlling his emotion; something, by the way, that he's been forced to receive "help" for.

I'd take Todd on my team any day. Anyone so foolish as to state otherwise is clearly out to lunch when discussing this game of hockey.
HEY! Don't bash Al Bundy!

Old
08-11-2005, 04:42 PM
in the hall

Melrose: my post where i was angry was not directed to anyone on this forum, i know i quote kodiak but it was obvious i was not talking to him

i was flaming the guy named code whoever that is for being such a loser and wasting peoples time with false claims and rumors

Old
08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

You're right, everyone should take Todd on their team. But he has to be gotten thru trade and I dont take Todd based on his age and what we'd have to give up. If he were younger, yes. But for the package you'd give up to get him I'd rather us get a young guy on the upswing rather than a guy turning 31. Do you want a Havlat turning 25 or a Bert turning 31?

It was an unfortunate, heat of the moment thing that won't take away his talent level IMO. It may change how he plays the game though.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Edge

I wonder how many prime years Bertuzzi has left, he's getting close to the downturn years for power forwards.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
eco's bones

Quote:

Hardly a mistake in my opinion. This was a calculated attack that probably went further than he intended--but even so was cheap and cowardly. It's interesting reading Steve Moore's account of this. According to him Bertuzzi's never even spoken to him about it--let alone apologized. He apologizes to the press. That shows a lot of class don't you think?

Old
08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I couldnt agree any more, what he did was malicious and evil, and cowardly. What a punk but he is one hell of a hockey player.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I wonder how many prime years Bertuzzi has left, he's getting close to the downturn years for power forwards.
That is the prime reason why I don't think it's worthwhile getting him...not to mention he'd also likely be a free agent by the time this team is able to compete. To be honest outside of selling tickets, there's little reason to keep Jagr around at the moment...

Old
08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Im assuming that Jagr will most likely,definilty be moved at the trade dead line if he has a very good season alot of teams could use a guy like him for his scoring. And I wouldnt be shocked if its a young team that feels they need that little extra scoring to move on, and hopefully Jagr could fetch some good picks and or prospects.

I also do feel he isnt needed here now anyway.

Old
08-12-2005, 02:21 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
I couldnt agree any more, what he did was malicious and evil, and cowardly. What a punk but he is one hell of a hockey player.
Yes he is.

Closed Thread