HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

calgary news

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
kidda37

vCash: 500
calgary news

Turek as we all no retired

Dave Lowry Retired (assistant coach for Hitman)

CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- Defenseman Andrew Ference re-signed with the Calgary Flames in a deal that will pay him $750,000 next season.

Last edited by kidda37: 08-10-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old
08-10-2005, 07:46 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidda37
Turek as we all no retired

Dave Lowry Retired (assistant coach for Hitman)

Andrew Ference resigned (do not no details)
Damn you Lowry, you finished off Doug Gilmour and on his first shift back

Last edited by ATG: 08-10-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

They also signed Cam Severson this morning.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
flames45us

also they signed andrew ference

Old
08-10-2005, 08:29 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Damn, you Lowry you finished off Doug Gilmour and on his first shift back
let's be honest, Gilmour finished himself off when he skated right over top of Cap'n Dave.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Jessie Lumsden

Lowry was a class act.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Lumsden
Lowry was a class act.
Yes he was.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidda37
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- Defenseman Andrew Ference re-signed with the Calgary Flames in a deal that will pay him $750,000 next season.
Big Ference fan here. Smallish but quite a heart and good speed on the backline. Twice already in his short career, he has elevated his game measurably come playoff time, spring of '04 and back with the Pens in '01. Looking forward to what he can do with more icetime, hopefully.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Red Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
They also signed Cam Severson this morning.
I cant seem to find a link? can you provide one?

Old
08-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Phanuthier*

Andrew Ference's blue-collar, open honesty during the lockout has vaulted him into not only one of my favourite Flame players, but one of my favourites in the NHL. Think JR, except he thinks before he talks (ie. not calling fans retards).

http://www.canada.com/components/pri...f-f23807539492

The Calgary Flames defenceman's willingness to challenge the union hard-line position made him a folk hero with disenchanted fans over the course of the 10-month lockout, but that candor also drew the ire of some of his colleagues.

When Ference posted his non-conformist views on the NHL Players' Association's internal website this past winter, it triggered a flood of angry replies from peers and even the odd phone call from union brass.

Still, Ference has no regrets and no fears about the vague threats of retribution by peeved union brothers.

"I don't care," said Ference, decked in an orange cycling jersey comfortably seated on the patio of a popular Canmore eatery. "If they do, hopefully we'll get a power play out of it. These guys who came out -- I can't even remember who said it -- and talked about physical harm and about payback, who do these guys think they are? I don't think there's too many guys in the NHL who are scared of anybody else.

"I'm not scared of some guy before the game saying, 'Oh that Andy Ference. He posted those messages, I'm going to get him tonight.' Good for him, I don't care. That's great. That just gives me an edge in the game, I guess. That's the furthest thing from my mind when I'm opening up my mouth or sharing my feelings."

Old
08-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Plager05

Lowry rocks, will he be an NHL coach? I loved him with the Blues.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
Lowry rocks, will he be an NHL coach? I loved him with the Blues.
He's be brought on as Assist Coach to the WHL Calgary Hitman - who are owned and operated by the Calgary Flames ownership.

Without a doubt, he will be within the Flames organization in the near future, if not elsewhere. Ken King is president of both the Hitman and the Flames, and Lowry was on the bench as Assist Coach for much of the playoffs while he was injured. Lowry definatly has future NHL coach written all over him.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:31 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Andrew Ference's blue-collar, open honesty during the lockout has vaulted him into not only one of my favourite Flame players, but one of my favourites in the NHL. Think JR, except he thinks before he talks (ie. not calling fans retards).

http://www.canada.com/components/pri...f-f23807539492

The Calgary Flames defenceman's willingness to challenge the union hard-line position made him a folk hero with disenchanted fans over the course of the 10-month lockout, but that candor also drew the ire of some of his colleagues.

When Ference posted his non-conformist views on the NHL Players' Association's internal website this past winter, it triggered a flood of angry replies from peers and even the odd phone call from union brass.

Still, Ference has no regrets and no fears about the vague threats of retribution by peeved union brothers.

"I don't care," said Ference, decked in an orange cycling jersey comfortably seated on the patio of a popular Canmore eatery. "If they do, hopefully we'll get a power play out of it. These guys who came out -- I can't even remember who said it -- and talked about physical harm and about payback, who do these guys think they are? I don't think there's too many guys in the NHL who are scared of anybody else.

"I'm not scared of some guy before the game saying, 'Oh that Andy Ference. He posted those messages, I'm going to get him tonight.' Good for him, I don't care. That's great. That just gives me an edge in the game, I guess. That's the furthest thing from my mind when I'm opening up my mouth or sharing my feelings."

My favorite player on the Flames... and that was before I had heard about this. Great guy, and he'll do better this season with the "new" NHL.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:00 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Machine
I cant seem to find a link? can you provide one?
It's on the Flames NHLPA page, and click on the Calgary Herald link provided and scroll down.

http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgar...6-0189587c27f0

Old
08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
mileflames

Reinprecht is back
One year, $1.444 million

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/nhl/free_agent_tracker.html

Remaining restricted free agents
Matthew Lombardi (perhaps still injured), Chuck Kobasew (close to signing) and Lynn Loyns (farm team), D Rhett Warrener (Sutter needs to finish off the team prior to officially offering a contract, Warrener will take a pay cut to stay in Calgary) and G Brent Krahn (farm goalie, future back up, if his knee can holdup). Kiprusoff sounds very close to a deal.

Last edited by mileflames: 08-11-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread