HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brodeur has waived his no trade clause

Old
03-02-2014, 02:04 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
What the **** does Brodeur owe you?

He's earned the right to ask for those 2-3 more starts if that's what he wants if there's a market for him.
This isn't about me, it's about Marty telling the entire New Jersey Devils organization to go **** themselves because for the first time in 24 years he's not getting spoonfed whatever he wants. It's about spending decades saying how much he loves the team, how he'd do anything for Lou, how he owes the organization everything....and then turning on them over two friggin' games he may or may not play.

Marty can just throw a fit whenever he wants, distracting the team and forcing the GM to do something he doesn't want to do, just because he isn't getting enough attention? Over something so trivial? Apparently the last two decades mean nothing to him and he's willing to throw it out the window for selfish gain.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This isn't about me, it's about Marty telling the entire New Jersey Devils organization to go **** themselves because for the first time in 24 years he's not getting spoonfed whatever he wants. It's about spending decades saying how much he loves the team, how he'd do anything for Lou, how he owes the organization everything....and then turning on them over two friggin' games he may or may not play.

Marty can just throw a fit whenever he wants, distracting the team and forcing the GM to do something he doesn't want to do, just because he isn't getting enough attention? Over something so trivial? Apparently the last two decades mean nothing to him and he's willing to throw it out the window for selfish gain.
Agreed, as a Rangers fan, there's nothing I'd love more then to see him leave the Devils, but it's the wrong thing to do and the true hockey fan in me sees it as a major shame.

Marty has always been selfish, all jokes aside, but doing someting like this would really just not be right. Any team that trades for him and would give him those extra starts is going to be either on par with the Devils, or worse, this year. It's absurd.

And yes, I agree with you, it does hurt the team. It's a distraction that's unnecessary and makes him the focal point of a group that has played hard this year and done nothing but exceed their expectations, especially after the whole Kovalchuk incident. The best thing for him to do would be to say he wants to finish his career as a Devil and provide the support and guidance that he can for Schneider to take over the reigns.

Schneider is very good, he's earned this. Marty has had a fantastic career but at this point, he is not a #1. it's not uncommon to see guys who are so successful though have this kind of reaction as their skills deteriorate.

Again, it's as if Derek Jeter were to leave the yankees at the end of the year. It's just not right.

As a Rangers fan, I beg you to leave NJ Marty.

As a hockey fan, I beg you to stay.

AHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:11 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:

Wow...... Saying you'll waive your NTC =/= throwing a fit or being selfish.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:13 PM
SML

And the all time king of turning your backup into a career spectator is mad about being a backup. Somewhere Scott Clemmensen, Mike Dunham, Kevin Weekes and whomever else had a season ticket on the bench are smiling.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
And the all time king of turning your backup into a career spectator is mad about being a backup. Somewhere Scott Clemmensen, Mike Dunham, Kevin Weekes and whomever else had a season ticket on the bench are smiling.
I think it's more of Corey Schneider ruining Canadian Olympians. What a jerk!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

<3 Patrik Elias

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:24 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

When you all ready is a legend with several cups, several Vezina trophies with one team, you should just retired with that team. That sounds a lot better than, then played his last 20-30 games for another team.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:25 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic19Duchene9 View Post
Why? You have two goalies that are better than him. Reimer has already proven that he can win games in the playoffs without a "mentor". I don't see any reason why TO would want Brodeur

I don't see Brodeur getting traded. He has less value than Luongo with that contract
Reimer has struggled since being replaced as the starter and as he will need a new contract next season probably wont be back unless he wants to take a pay cut.

cyris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:27 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Brodeur to Habs for Peter Budaj

Brodeur plays the rest of this season and next as Carey's backup...then the Habs bring up to Tokarski or Fucale
He doesn't want to be backup to Schneider in NJ...what makes you think he wants to play backup in Montreal? If he had no problem being backup we wouldn't have this problem.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:32 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
When you all ready is a legend with several cups, several Vezina trophies with one team, you should just retired with that team. That sounds a lot better than, then played his last 20-30 games for another team.
Who cares? Lots of HOFers finish their careers with other teams and it didn't tarnish their legacy.

Sounds as if Marty isn't ready to hang it up, who are you to tell him any different?

Old
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
SML

It's Bobby Orr suiting up for the Blackhawks. It's a WTF moment.

Old
03-02-2014, 02:35 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
It's Bobby Orr suiting up for the Blackhawks. It's a WTF moment.
... and did that affect his legacy at all? Of course not....

Old
03-02-2014, 02:35 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Minnesota fans acting like a player is already theirs. business as usual

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:36 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Like who? I don't see him signing with the Wild.... unless he comes cheap.

Old
03-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

what's funny about this whole situation is brodeur knows that when players leave nj, the grass is usually NEVER GREENER. They either embarrass themselves or wind up declining......

His situation is not exactly like those who left before him due to his age, but I hope for his sake he isn't embarrassed where ever he goes.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:40 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
That was somewhat different though. Bobby planned on playing quite a few more years. Everyone knows this is pretty much Brodeur's last season.

Also, back then, guys didn't make the money they made today. Brodeur's has made millions upon millions. Orr didn't have the option to leave that contract on the table.

And for what it's worth, I do feel that tarnished Orr's legacy for some time after.

AHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Nobody has said that and most of us aren't sure we'd even want him, so...

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
That was somewhat different though. Bobby planned on playing quite a few more years. Everyone knows this is pretty much Brodeur's last season.

Also, back then, guys didn't make the money they made today. Brodeur's has made millions upon millions. Orr didn't have the option to leave that contract on the table.

And for what it's worth, I do feel that tarnished Orr's legacy for some time after.
brodeur is not retiring. he's going to hang on as long as possible, even if that means signing with a bottom feeder next year.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:48 PM
SML

Quote:
Actually, I take that back. Because if Bobby had two good knees, he never would have left.

Old
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
I would say you're the one acting like a child. How can you fault the guy for wanting a chance to play? His legacy with the Devils will still be intact. 10 years from now no one will care that he played elsewhere for a bit.
Didn't hurt Bourque when he went to Colorado, or even Gretzky or Messier when they went to other teams late in their careers. Just something that players at the end of their careers do.

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
I can understand this biz because of the Vanek thing, but uh....there hasn't been anything close on this thread to the Vanek situation.

PS, Vanek is ours.

Nsjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Schennanigans

Never thought I'd ever see the day he's not in a devils uniform. With all he has done it's strange to me why he wouldn't stay a devil.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!

Quote:

Lol calm down, NJ is a piece of **** right now, why would he want to waste what could be his final year without a shot at the cup.

Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 03:41 PM
monochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
However when you hear "Marty is being traded" do you not investigate further?

I mean I'm not a Devils fan and SURELY don't follow the Devils twitter feeds or anything of that sort, but the ramifications of the situation are pretty obvious.

edit:
Also, the interdivisional jading is ridiculous, at what point do we take a step back and say, "you know what, I don't like the Devils, but that guy....that guy was good."
I really cant tell you why some people in this thread obviously have not looked into the matter enough to know whats going on. Again, I see that as a common theme of HF posts

Some people just cant bear to give up their machoness of "my team is the best your team sucks" enough to acknowledge other good players I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Didn't hurt Bourque when he went to Colorado, or even Gretzky or Messier when they went to other teams late in their careers. Just something that players at the end of their careers do.
exactly. fan of marty or not, you cant blame him. Schneider has taken the reins and there simply is no place for him there anymore except a game or two every now and then. He wants to go somewhere where he will likely play more often. I still really want to say that is Chicago.

monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 03:44 PM
asian mailman

been a huge devils fan for years, Marty deserves to do what ever marty wants hes played his ass off his whole career. If teams are still willing to let him play and want him there and he wants to play then let him. People keep saying how hockey is turning to all about money and no passion for the game. Look no further to Marty who just wants to play the game he loves.

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote