HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Phoenix Coyotes/Buffalo Sabres

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 11:14 PM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
Teams will be looking to get younger and more creative offensively. That's generally the basis for my stance. Vanek will need to become a superstar before he commands a superstar return, but I think he'll be all-star caliber shortly (GMs should as well), and thus my position. Even though I like your avatar, I'm still pissed at your calling my post lame. (EDIT: I said I was pissed at your crack, but it didn't exactly sound right....)
i admit i didn't respond properly and was lazy with my post, and lack of explanation... apologies for my bluntness... a pet peeve of mine around here is prospects elevated to nhl status (in many regards).. i understand what you are saying, just necessarily don't agree.. p.s.. thanks for the compliment on my avatar, it's by far my favorite out of all i have used

Old
08-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Gwyddbwyll

There is no way Briere would be welcomed. Yes he was the leading goalscorer a year before but a large number of those came on the PP. He eventually had that success because Handzus and Doan had to babysit him - both guys' numbers suffered as a result - both went *down* despite being talented young and improving players in a team that had its best ever year. Yet they went down. Why? Because they were propping up Briere.

Now it may not be the same story in Buffalo, but basically I dont see Briere as a top 2 centre on a team going to the Stanley Cup finals. Which is why I'm pissed we went out and got Comrie who isnt any better IMO (I hope to be proved wrong).

As for Morris, they had to deal Vaananen to get him. Since Numminen left, the defense lacked a true no.1 leader. Many fans thought Vaananen was untradeable. Its just not conceivable they'd trade either for Briere.

Old
08-12-2005, 12:29 PM
cybresabre
Sir Hellcat

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll
As for Morris, they had to deal Vaananen to get him. Since Numminen left, the defense lacked a true no.1 leader.
well fine.

proposal
to Buffalo:
Morris

to Phoenix:
Numminen

everyone's happy

Closed Thread