HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread Ver 9

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pittsburgh and Boston are perennial contenders. Neither of those teams made deadline moves until their teams proved they could compete with the best of the best in the play-offs.
Actually Shero did, they traded for Hossa and that was the 1st year Pittsburgh went to the Finals. Prior then that they had lost to Ottawa in the 1st round

Old
03-03-2014, 10:11 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Actually Shero did, they traded for Hossa and that was the 1st year Pittsburgh went to the Finals. Prior then that they had lost to Ottawa in the 1st round
I'd gladly gamble on a team that's center depth is Crosby-Malkin.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
For sure they're in a different situation, but even a team like Boston, Chiarelli has been drafting pretty well but he has been very active on the trade front in the last few years, eventually the GM here in this case Bergevin will have to be more active. You can't simply keep waiting and waiting and seeing if all your draft picks pan out 4-5 years later. Chiarelli built his D on pretty much trades, besides signing Chara, he traded for Seidenberg, had traded for Ference, Boychuck and McQuaid are trades as well and pretty much Hamilton was because of a trade

Old
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Give us Teravainen and I'll drive Markov to the airport myself.

Knowing Bergevin, he'll have his choice of prospect and take Danault instead.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
habitue*

Quote:
For sure they're in a different situation, but even a team like Boston, Chiarelli has been drafting pretty well but he has been very active on the trade front in the last few years, eventually the GM here in this case Bergevin will have to be more active. You can't simply keep waiting and waiting and seeing if all your draft picks pan out 4-5 years later. Chiarelli built his D on pretty much trades, besides signing Chara, he traded for Seidenberg, had traded for Ference, Boychuck and McQuaid are trades as well and pretty much Hamilton was because of a trade
Chiarelli had always had intresting assets to deal with...and was also very lucky with his draft picks (Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand).

Old
03-03-2014, 10:42 AM
firewagon77*

People who think Bergevin is going to trade markov and rebuild just don't understand hockey,if Montreal had 55 points or were at the bottom like Buffalo then it's an easy decision,but Montreal has 75 points and Bergevin is going to go for it.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:43 AM
yianik

I was on the main board and threw out Gorges and Eller for Edler, and a long time poster turned it down, wanting Eller and our 1st. Personally I think Gorges is worth more than our 1st, but so be it, I would do that trade.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

Didn't Bergevin try to trade with the Hawks and move up to get him? I doubt they give him up that easily but I would definitely ask for him

Old
03-03-2014, 10:45 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The more I think about Kesler, the more I think we should make a play, depending on the price.

Kesler and Pleks as a 1-2 punch, with Price stopping pucks, would make this team so, so annoying to play against.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
People who think Bergevin is going to trade markov and rebuild just don't understand hockey,if Montreal had 55 points or were at the bottom like Buffalo then it's an easy decision,but Montreal has 75 points and Bergevin is going to go for it.
I'm ok which whatever decision he takes, but if he is buying and wants to keep Markov, then sign him already!!

Old
Pax Macioretty

Quote:

Habs had Teravainenen 2nd in the 2012 draft over Nail Yakupov and Ryan Murray, so I highly doubt you're right about that one. I'd do backflips (which I've never done) if we were to land Teravainen.

Old
habitue*

Quote:
Exactly. They gonna keep Markov and re-sign him later on for a 2 year contract at 6, or 6,5 per season.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:48 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Habs had Teravainenen 2nd in the 2012 draft over Nail Yakupov and Ryan Murray, so I highly doubt you're right about that one. I'd do backflips (which I've never done) if we were to land Teravainen.
I'm just trying to be funny. I know they valued Teravainen highly (at least Timmins). I very much doubt he's available, especially since the Hawks don't really need Markov.

Only Hartman interests me other than Teuvo. But he is from Illinois, so maybe he's also unavailable.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:52 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Quote:
Yes, but those were hockey trades. The quoted posted is talking about making trades for rentals. We're not at a rental stage.

We've gotta look at hockey deals right now, other than selling off pieces that are not part of our future in contending. Markov, Gionta, Bourque, Moen, and Briere are those names.

There's hockey deals that can be done out there.. Talk to Vancouver about Higgins, or maybe moving Bourque for Booth. Kick tires in Buffalo about Drew Stafford. Those are undervalued players that could turn it around in a new environment and at the very least, will give Eller someone to play with on the third line that play a similar style.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:52 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Agreed, Bergevin would have a lot of explaining to do to Molson if his team missed the playoffs because of trading our #1b defenseman. Molson would miss out on a minimum of $3M in gate and concessions, which no matter how rich you are....you want that money.

If Markov is moved it would have to be a hockey deal. I am hoping they can somehow get Myers from Buffalo as part of a 3 way deal, perhaps with LA. Would be very difficult to pull off but I don't think the team would take a huge step back if we had Myers stepping into the lineup.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
I'd avoid gambling on a team employs Bortuzzo and Engelland on D and who's starting goaltender is Fleury. Not to mention their top D is Brooks Orpik. No point getting into their depth issues.

The Pens are a flawed team who happen to have the 2 best centers in the league.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM
shutehinside

Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 25 mins
Day 52 of saying this, but I'd be beyond shocked if Andrei Markov was traded. Won't be signed either by Wed

If this is true and Markov walks for nothing, I'd be incredibaly pissed at Bergevin, especially if he doesn't land a big name player by the deadline.

The only justification he can say to not signing Mrkov and then letti9ng walk is that we kept Markov for a playoff run, even though Bergevin has said he doesn't want to make a big splash because we won't really be competative for another 2-3 years.

If he doesn't trade for a Vanek, Gaborik, Moulson etc and doesn't trade Markov he's effectively conceding Markov for nothing as he's already said we won't be contenders, so why keep Markov instead of trading him for some real assets that can develop over the next 2-3 years and help us then at a time when Markov will probably retire.

This management team doesn't seem to have a clear direction of what they want to accomplish here other than saying they're building through the draft. Great, but that's one day and there are 364 other days the team needs to be managed. Bergy was hired as the GM not the head scout. Let Timmins worry about the draft and Bergevin can worry about building a contender, that means sell high, buy low.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:04 AM
groovejuice

Quote:

Given that Erat got Forsberg...

Old
03-03-2014, 11:10 AM
yianik

Markov needs to be traded or resigned by deadline. Even if Markov does resign eventually, I still would view this as reckless by MB.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:22 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Not signed or traded by Wednesday?

Another example of a Montreal GM with no foresight, no balls and a penchant for a track record of mediocrity, bad decisions and disappointment.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Another example of a Montreal GM with no foresight, no balls and a penchant for a track record of mediocrity, bad decisions and disappointment.
Or, you know, he'll get signed in the off-season like everybody in their right mind expects.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

That's what I don't get though, if you want to build trough the draft and wait 2-3 more years then why give Markov that contract? I do agree with Engels there where he says he doesn't even think management knows in which direction they're going in

Old
03-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Hannibal
Fear the Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Or, you know, he'll get signed in the off-season like everybody in their right mind expects.
Just like Alfredsson was supposed to sign in Ottawa last summer.

If Markov isn't signed or traded before wednesday, MB is no better than Pierre Gauthier and he needs to get fired ASAP.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:35 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Just like Alfredsson was supposed to sign in Ottawa last summer.

If Markov isn't signed or traded before wednesday, MB is no better than Pierre Gauthier and he needs to get fired ASAP.
I would suggest waiting until that rare occurence actually happens with Markov before going into full-blown drama mode, but I understand that's frowned upon here.

Old
03-03-2014, 11:35 AM
ChoseLa

When is the last time a team in a solid playoff spot traded their 1st/2nd defencemen for prospects? I know on the Internet we want to always have more picks and prospects (and if we could get Terrainvague I'd be very happy) but it would really be bush league to do so, Bergevin could loose the respect of the players who fought all season for a playoff spot.

Closed Thread