HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Pirri dealt to Florida for a 3rd (2014) & a 5th (2016)

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Marotte Marauder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Sharp has 11 pts in last 12
Shaw has 8 pts in last 12
...and the team still struggles to score. Thank you making my point, that MORE offense is needed. NOW!

Old
04-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He has failed to register a pt in 6 of his last 8 games

Over last 8 games

2 goals and a -5
To add, he has only scored a point in like 14 of his 44GP this year. He's an offensive player, with little offense.

And, 2G in his last 8 games or if thats cherry picking, 5G's in his last 28GP, that would really help us!

Old
04-03-2014, 08:25 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The argument that Stalberg's points against CBus was stupid and so is discrediting Pirri for multi point games.

Old
04-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
To add, he has only scored a point in like 14 of his 44GP this year. He's an offensive player, with little offense.

And, 2G in his last 8 games or if thats cherry picking, 5G's in his last 28GP, that would really help us!
and a 15 goal pace for a full rookie season is sooooo weak. HA!

soooooo weak that only 19 guys have scored more in their rookie season in the past 3 full seasons.

Old
04-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post

soooooo weak that only 19 guys have scored more in their rookie season in the past 3 full seasons.

Not even a full rookie season. He has only played 44 games this year. At his current pace, if he played a full year he would be in the top 10 rookie goal scorers.

He has almost equaled the total amount of points when he was on the Hawks in about half the games.

Old
04-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The argument that Stalberg's points against CBus was stupid and so is discrediting Pirri for multi point games.
I'm not discrediting Pirri for his multi-point games, I am discrediting him for the 30 games out of 44 where he hasn't registered even a single point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post

It's OK, nothing that great. Too bad he doesn't do anything else on the ice when he isn't scoring though.

Old
04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
I'm not discrediting Pirri for his multi-point games, I am discrediting him for the 30 games out of 44 where he hasn't registered even a single point.

It's OK, nothing that great. Too bad he doesn't do anything else on the ice when he isn't scoring though.
So if he decided to spread those points out among more games he'd be better? I mean, I can kinda see the consistency argument but he's a rookie playing with an extremely short leash. If we had another halfway decent option to play there the outrage would be severely muted. As is we have another possible option that the team won't use because we want to extend his rookie deal.

It's just a maddening way to use this extremely gifted roster.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
So if he decided to spread those points out among more games he'd be better? I mean, I can kinda see the consistency argument but he's a rookie playing with an extremely short leash. If we had another halfway decent option to play there the outrage would be severely muted. As is we have another possible option that the team won't use because we want to extend his rookie deal.

It's just a maddening way to use this extremely gifted roster.
If he had less pointless games than 68%, than ya, he would be a bit better.

Pirri wouldn't help anything, as witnessed by his latest call up before he was dealt. I am glad we got something for him instead of waiving him and losing him for nothing next year.

I'm done with this topic, I've ben waiting for Pirri to prove me wrong all year, and it still isn't happening.

*checking out*

Old
04-04-2014, 01:01 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:

Pirri wouldn't help anything, as witnessed by his latest call up before he was dealt. I am glad we got something for him instead of waiving him and losing him for nothing next year.

I'm done with this topic, I've ben waiting for Pirri to prove me wrong all year, and it still isn't happening.

*checking out
Thank goodness. I thought you might start quoting yourself to keep this nonsense going.

You did however touch on a point that I think most would agree on (and I don''t expect a reply, thank-you): Q was not going to play Pirri in a proper way here, so his value would only diminish as he struggled under Q's so-called system. Hayes and Olsen likewise. All are glad to be out, I reckon.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:58 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:

*checking out*
Here is my post from 3/14/14 in this thread, post 191. I'm too lazy to look up the stats again (and note that I excluded Handzus from the original post), but I'm sure that some of our more cherished Hawks this year have gone through similar pointless streaks as has Pirri.

He's a rookie, and is inconsistent like other rookies. Again, I'm not going to look up individuals, but I'm willing to bet that if you looked at them here and individually, you'd see that Pirri stacks up reasonably well vis a vis his peer group, in points, goals, and assists per game, as well as percentage of games scoring points.

It's all in your perspective of his situation as to how you view his "contribution" to the Hawks, how he was handled, and whether he'd be important contributor on our current Hawks roster. Most here don't believe that he was handled fairly, some do. I think that we all can agree that he was at the minimum adequate defensively. The jury was still out on him as a long-term solution at the 2C position, but I think that he should have been given a longer look at 2C with linemates who would have been more apt to compliment his game.

BTW, this post makes no claims to any superiority or inferiority that Teravainen may or may not have as compared to Pirri.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Sarava

I think we've had enough now.

Closed Thread