HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Rangers

View Poll Results: Like....3 stars or something
Lundqvist 4 7.41%
The greatest player of all-time, Gregory Campbell 22 40.74%
[insert guy who never scores ever unless they're playing the Rangers here] 20 37.04%
Lucic 5 9.26%
Dorsett 7 12.96%
Callahan's agent 24 44.44%
Once again, Gregory Campbell, I mean the guy's just amazing. 17 31.48%
Talbot Wednesday pls 24 44.44%
Richards 5 9.26%
Miller 13 24.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
why do people post stuff like this?

What does this have to do with Lundqvist playing like crap tonight? Why does, every time he plays bad, someone feel the need to be like, "BUT HE'Z DUN ALL DIS STUFF BE4?"

Who cares? He sucked tonight.
He did suck tonight. People write that stuff because there are genuinely people who think he sucks as a goaltender, he has no business in the NHL, and that Talbot should be this teams starter and the starter for team Canada.

Because when Lundqvist has one bad night, his entire ability as a goaltender is in question. Lundqvist having a statistically average year? TRASH. His first year out of eight? Let's crucify him for being average one year.

****. How many players deserve to be crucified on this team than for every average / below average year they've had?

You want to say he had a bad night. Fine. Don't say the guy is washed up and shouldn't be this teams starter after he just played at a level Talbot never will see.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:04 PM
eyjee
the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Hank had a ****** game. The defensive coverage had a worse one (and that includes the forwards backchecking).

That said, the Hank hate is silly. He had a bad start to the year, then regained his form for two months up to the break, had a great Olympics and now has had two bad games upon his return. He needs a game off and the team needs to get past the deadline.

Of course, prior to the deadline Cally, Stralman and one of the fourth liners all need to be traded.
Preach! Great post

eyjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

I thought the Rangers had more than enough chances to win, even in the last 40.

Rask made some great saves, the Rangers had some terrible breakdowns, and most of those breakdowns wound up in their net.

It's not like the Bruins pinned them in their own zone for 40 min.

aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
The difference was the Bruins are a better, more experienced, tougher, more physical, and mentally tougher team. And no Hank wasn't great, but how can anyone act like that was the only reason.

When a team that just went to the Finals comes out like dog ****, you have to put the nail in the coffin during the 1st period, or it's over.

Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
why do people post stuff like this?

What does this have to do with Lundqvist playing like crap tonight? Why does, every time he plays bad, someone feel the need to be like, "BUT HE'Z DUN ALL DIS STUFF BE4?"

Who cares? He sucked tonight.

Bringing up Lundqvist's glorified past after a horror show like tonight is like a 45-year-old guy in a jail cell bragging about a girl he hooked up with 30 years ago.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I understand that. But it's a highly competitive form of hockey where he PROVED he is elite. Prior to that, he was absolutely a rock for the Rangers.

Two games later? Talbot > Lundqvist.

That's what I have a problem with. Two so-so games (and he wasn't that bad in his first game back, quite frankly, he could have let up more) doesn't make him a trash goaltender when he was a rock for his team all of January/February and was a rock for his nation at the highest level of international play.

Put things in perspective.
Well said and obviously 100% spot on. I'm with you all the way here. It gets very tiring.

Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:05 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I knew it. Short of winning a Gold, Lundqvist was going to be trashed by the fans. Two games later, he is back to being trash.
Nobody gives a **** about his gold. We're Rangers fans not Sweden fans.

The guy should be trashed he is the reason we lost. We switch goalies and the score switches.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
19/46 Games this season with a SVPCT under .900

11/45 allowing 4 goals or more -- 25 pct

22/45 allowing 3 goals or more -- almost 50 pct of his games.

What team are you watching this season?
Sports is a performance based business. As said by everyone on here. And it's all "what have you done for me lately." What did Lundqvist do in January/February again?

You thought it would be better to go back even further to make him look worse. Which you succeeded at.

And secondly, no one will deny that Lundqvist is having an average year as a starter. He certainly isn't have a bad year as one. People think he is having a bad year because they're spoiled by him.

Old
Nosferatos

Well this game comfirms that Girardi is garbage and we made a mistake re-signing him.

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Parker

Ugh, I loathe the Bruins.

This year's NYR team is going nowhere assuming they even make the playoffs. Time to move Callahan and hopefully others to teams that are actual contenders. I'm fine with making the team worse for the rest of this season in the hopes that they are improved 2-3 years down the line when we might actually be able to go deep in the playoffs again.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tmesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
This team simply isn't a Cup team. That's fine. Keep building. I'm much more concerned about doing something stupid at the deadline, some kind of idiotic win now move, or handing out a horrible contract to Cally than I am about dropping these past two games.
Shhh, you're getting in the way of the pointless worrying and unrealistic hopes. Fire the entire staff! Trade everyone! Sign Callahan's family for 5 generations!

tmesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueLooksGood

Thank goodness. Maybe, this squashes any thought of being contender and buying during the deadline. Hopefully this is also the tipping point in the whole Callahan saga.

BlueLooksGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
The difference was the Bruins are a better, more experience, tougher, more physical, and mentally tougher team. And no Hank wasn't great, but how can anyone act like that was the only reason.
He wasnt. They played timid after the 1st period.

I think people are just frustrated that he hasnt been stealing games like he used too.

Boston always outplays them. Yet he's always been there to keep them behind.

I think this team is just flat out scared of Boston. Reminds me of the Rangers when they played the Isles in the 1980s

Old
SKjEi o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
My wife likes Hank . There , I said it .
That makes one.

SKjEi o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Special

I'm not saying we suck...

But we really need to limit our expectations for this team as constructed at the present time.

What can we really do in the playoffs? Anyhting can happen? I'm not buying it.

There is no way we could beat the broons or the pens in a 7 game series and we will struggle mightily with philly and/or the craps.

Very likely we do NOT get past the first round, assuming we make the playoffs.

Size and physical play lacking and those 2 attributes become all the more important in playoff hockey.

I know Clowe didn't work out becaus eof the concussion issues and the contract he wanted, but a healthy Clowe is exactly the type of players we need.

Carcillo helps a little, but he's not BIG enough.

"I just close my eyes and shoot."
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Quote:
And secondly, no one will deny that Lundqvist is having an average year as a starter. He certainly isn't have a bad year as one. People think he is having a bad year because they're spoiled by him.
I agree it has been an average, not bad year. But when you are paid to be the best goalie in the world, expectations are far above average.

I know he is capable of picking it up and I hope he does.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Nobody gives a **** about his gold. We're Rangers fans not Sweden fans.

The guy should be trashed he is the reason we lost. We switch goalies and the score switches.
Read every other post I've done in this thread. As well as the one directed to you.

Dude is not a trash goaltender. He is still an elite goaltender. He proved it in the NHL when the Rangers had their best run of the season and had someone like you questioning just how good this team is, and he proved it in the Olympics. One so-so game and one BAD game doesn't negate how he has arguably been the best Rangers played in the 2014 calendar year (January 1st forward).

Old
03-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Bringing up Lundqvist's glorified past after a horror show like tonight is like a 45-year-old guy in a jail cell bragging about a girl he hooked up with 30 years ago.
More like the 45 year old man in the jail cell bragging about the slew of supermodels he hooked up with for the past 30 years.

Don't undersell those achievements.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
irishlaxburger2

Let me tell you exactly what would fix this NY Rangers team

Signing Ryan Callahan to a 7 year, $48M deal

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger
Bettman's Enemy

Ranger fans in hell see a line of Jason Chimera, John Druce, and Gregory Campbell in Islander jerseys.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKjEi o2 View Post
That makes one.
..even after tonight .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Sports is a performance based business. As said by everyone on here. And it's all "what have you done for me lately." What did Lundqvist do in January/February again?

You thought it would be better to go back even further to make him look worse. Which you succeeded at.

I make him look worse???????????? Yes. It's my fault he's been average/inconsistent this season.

Henrik has never been criticized like he has this season. Never. Maybe one or two games a season. Maybe some playoff games.

You cant fault people for being pissed that hes not playing as well as he should.

He's not a little kid who accidentally dropped an ice cream cone on the sidewalk. This season, he's the drunk ice cream truck driver. Nobody knows what the hell to expect.

Old
03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Infinitum Vitae*
XXXXXX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Ranger fans in hell see a line of Jason Chimera, John Druce, and Gregory Campbell in Islander jerseys.
More like devils jersey

Infinitum Vitae* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
You mean the past two months? That's his glorified past? People aren't even using his "past" achievements, they're talking about how he has literally played the past couple of months. Hell, the past couple of weeks. He's been great. You're using the two most recent games to trash the man.

People on here have no conception of time.