HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals | 2013/14 - XV - Deadline eve Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2014, 12:42 AM
  #1
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,691
vCash: 500
Trade Rumors and Proposals | 2013/14 - XV - Deadline eve Edition

Old thread (found here) was at ~1000 posts, shall we continue here?




How I envision this thread over the next 3 days:


BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 12:43 AM
  #2
Vesa Awesaka
Registered User
 
Vesa Awesaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bath
Country: Belarus
Posts: 12,751
vCash: 500
Dont trade spezza!

Vesa Awesaka is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 12:46 AM
  #3
L'Aveuglette
Beef-mode activated
 
L'Aveuglette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,226
vCash: 1000
Well I had a response all ready to post until the previous thread was closed. No thanks Bonktastic! :p

L'Aveuglette is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 12:59 AM
  #4
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
What about Phillips and our 2nd to Boston for their 1st?

Daffy is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 01:07 AM
  #5
burf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
In a world where Doug Murray is worth 2 second round picks, Phillips is worth a lot more than 10 or so spots in draft position.

burf is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 01:14 AM
  #6
UnFinishedSpezza
Registered User
 
UnFinishedSpezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
Hopefully I'll wake up to a trade.

UnFinishedSpezza is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 01:15 AM
  #7
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless
 
MrCraigAnderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,025
vCash: 500
I have been personally responsible for the removal of Daugavins (The Latvian) and Rundblad (Roooney) Who do we ship out next?

Captain Phillips?

MrCraigAnderson is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 01:21 AM
  #8
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,595
vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
I have been personally responsible for the removal of Daugavins (The Latvian) and Rundblad (Roooney) Who do we ship out next?

Captain Phillips?
Condra

__________________
03 04 05 06 09 10 11 20 21 23 27 66 89 07 13
saskriders is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 01:54 AM
  #9
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Condra
C-O-N-D-R-A...


... Huh. That's a funny way of spelling "Kassian".



BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:01 AM
  #10
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,400
vCash: 500
I think with our log jam on defence, we're going to trade Corvo to a team for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick.

Manked is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:06 AM
  #11
Tundraman
GoneCountry
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Manked View Post
I think with our log jam on defence, we're going to trade Corvo to a team for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick.
I'd hate to have to give up a 6th or 7th pick just to get rid of him but...ok if we must we must.

Tundraman is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:15 AM
  #12
L'Aveuglette
Beef-mode activated
 
L'Aveuglette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,226
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Manked View Post
I think with our log jam on defence, we're going to trade Corvo to a team for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick.
We live in exciting times.

L'Aveuglette is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:17 AM
  #13
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Manked View Post
I think with our log jam on defence, we're going to trade Corvo to a team for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick.
Why bother? Unless we just want to get his salary off the books (Because: Melnyk) or open a roster spot for an incoming player, that is.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:21 AM
  #14
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek
 
FightingIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Completely forgot Corvo was still on the team. Just freaked myself out, what's going on.

FightingIrish is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:28 AM
  #15
L'Aveuglette
Beef-mode activated
 
L'Aveuglette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,226
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
Completely forgot Corvo was still on the team. Just freaked myself out, what's going on.
Speak with your doctor about getting more omega-3 in your diet.

L'Aveuglette is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:50 AM
  #16
EssendonBombers
classless
 
EssendonBombers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Straya
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
Completely forgot Corvo was still on the team. Just freaked myself out, what's going on.
Lost: Joe Corvo
Last Seen: Shirtless

EssendonBombers is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 02:51 AM
  #17
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Why bother? Unless we just want to get his salary off the books (Because: Melnyk) or open a roster spot for an incoming player, that is.
Does every penny not count?

It's probably around $100 000 in savings, no? Not much, but hey. A late round pick is still a pick, and you never know what can happen with it. If you're lucky, you may get an NHLer out of it one day.

I also think it would be the right thing to do FOR Corvo. Love him or hate him, he's been a part of this organization a couple times and deserves to go to a contender (he's never won a cup).

Manked is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 05:42 AM
  #18
newtron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
I'd like to see Ehrhoff here. Not sure on return, but I would start with Wiercioch and Prince +. I really think an upgrade on D is necessary and we've got lots of spare parts. Wier still holds value as he's young and possesses many traits of a future top 4 guy.

Next year's back-end is already looking pretty crowded with: Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Cowen, Gryba, Boro, plus either Wier of Ehrhoff. That makes 7, and goes up to 8 if Phillips ends up staying. Then there's Claesson, who is sure to get a long look.

So, if we're dealing for a D, I would expect one going the other way. I'm sure Timmy is fond of Wiercioch.

newtron is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 06:04 AM
  #19
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,162
vCash: 50
Might as well just wait till summer and the draft for a trade. Not worth making moves now when we still have no clue what kind of team we have.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 06:37 AM
  #20
OgieO
Registered User
 
OgieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Manked View Post
Does every penny not count?

It's probably around $100 000 in savings, no? Not much, but hey. A late round pick is still a pick, and you never know what can happen with it. If you're lucky, you may get an NHLer out of it one day.

I also think it would be the right thing to do FOR Corvo. Love him or hate him, he's been a part of this organization a couple times and deserves to go to a contender (he's never won a cup).
I agree with you. He's 8th on the depth chart so its not like he's even our key depth person. With Boro & Claesson in Bingo we have sufficient depth to move him and not blink and eye.

I wondered if Murray tried to move him but couldn't find someone who wanted him?

OgieO is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 07:34 AM
  #21
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot
 
Methot Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,417
vCash: 500
Take this with a big grain of salt...but word around the Big Rig (aka Chris Phillips's restaurant) yesterday at lunchtime was that it's highly likely that Phillips is on the move, with (unsurprisingly) Boston and San Jose as the most likely destinations (and Colorado a possibility as well).

The speculation was that yesterday's game would be the Phillips finale in a Sens uniform...and when Karlsson flipped Phillips the puck at the end of the game...well, I'm sure some of us found that interesting.

Methot Man is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 08:19 AM
  #22
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lehner View Post
Take this with a big grain of salt...but word around the Big Rig (aka Chris Phillips's restaurant) yesterday at lunchtime was that it's highly likely that Phillips is on the move, with (unsurprisingly) Boston and San Jose as the most likely destinations (and Colorado a possibility as well).

The speculation was that yesterday's game would be the Phillips finale in a Sens uniform...and when Karlsson flipped Phillips the puck at the end of the game...well, I'm sure some of us found that interesting.
Management definitely met with Chris after the game last night. Considering he's his own agent I dont know what that means either way but I do believe a conclusion has been reached.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
  #23
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
@AJonSports: Tim Murray called Shane Prince the most skilled player in the London rookie tournament. Western NY native. Keep that in mind. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Tim Murray also pushed very hard for the Sens to draft Matt Puempel in 2011. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Also hearing the Sabres asked for Mike Hoffman in any potential Stewart trade. #Sens #Sabres



What do you make of this, Sens fans?

Karate Johnson is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
  #24
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
@AJonSports: Tim Murray called Shane Prince the most skilled player in the London rookie tournament. Western NY native. Keep that in mind. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Tim Murray also pushed very hard for the Sens to draft Matt Puempel in 2011. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Also hearing the Sabres asked for Mike Hoffman in any potential Stewart trade. #Sens #Sabres



What do you make of this, Sens fans?
Prince is probably gone by Wednesday afternoon.

I don't think anyone in the fanbase would take exception to trading Puempel if it meant getting a top 6 forward back.

Hoffman hasn't really proven anything at the NHL level. He's looked pretty good so far in his recent call up, so I'd hate to give up on him.

I actually foresee something substantial like:

Puempel, Prince, Weircioch, Hoffman for Stewart + Erhoff.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
03-03-2014, 08:50 AM
  #25
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
Cool. I obviously don't know if the guy who tweeted it I reliable.


It seems almost inevitable that a Sabres/Sens trade happens in the next 3 days.

Karate Johnson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.