HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary-LA

Old
05-20-2014, 12:32 AM
edguy

vCash: 500
Calgary-LA

Hey guys so i just got offered this in a mock draft i'm doing on these boards and i'm kind of torn whether or not it is a quality deal for me to Pursue. FYI i am Calgary

:
4th Overall

Slava Voyonov
Their First (happens to be 27 in this mock)
Tanner Pearson/Linden Vey

just looking for opinions or ideas. no need to get too harsh

edguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 12:33 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snsfan1995 View Post
Hey guys so i just got offered this in a mock draft i'm doing on these boards and i'm kind of torn whether or not it is a quality deal for me to Pursue. FYI i am Calgary

:
4th Overall

Slava Voyonov

Please god no.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 12:34 AM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
I'd take it if I were you.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 12:35 AM
edguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Please god no.
what would you suggest?

edguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 12:38 AM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
This pick is way to valuable to Calgary

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Johnny Hoxville
**** Cancer

vCash: 2403
The Flames would never make that deal in real life.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 01:07 AM
DontgoZiggy

That's bad for the kings, a good young top 4 dman signed longterm, a former first rounder that's playing well for us (2nd line lw) and a late first. Last time we drafted fourth overall wasn't exactly a huge success.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 01:49 AM
funky

Pearson is a late bloomer who is starting to make many scouts look foolish. He is aggressive with speed and skill which L.A needs in there win now state. Voynov has been crap this year, hopefully it's just a sophomore slump. Wouldn't do the trade if I am L.A

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 01:49 AM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snsfan1995 View Post

:
4th Overall

Slava Voyonov

Did you bother to ask yourself why the Kings would trade roster players for a draft pick when they are in win now mode. On top of that you think Voynov ++ is fair I must tell you your way over values the draft pick to think its worth a good young top 4 dman a top six winger with great speed and a late first. Everything is wrong with your idea.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:01 AM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4hockey View Post
Did you bother to ask yourself why the Kings would trade roster players for a draft pick when they are in win now mode. On top of that you think Voynov ++ is fair I must tell you your way over values the draft pick to think its worth a good young top 4 dman a top six winger with great speed and a late first. Everything is wrong with your idea.
Equally bad for Calgary.

Calgary needs superstars, not depth.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:10 AM
GetThePuckOut

Bad for both teams.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:10 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Equally bad for Calgary.

Calgary needs superstars, not depth.
Too bad they're not going to get one at #4 in this draft. It isn't 2015, there's no can't miss franchise player available. If anything both Voynov and Pearson are good value for the #4 each. They're both young, sure-fire NHLers of impact already although Pearson doesn't have the track record. The #4 pick in this draft might not even make the NHL. This year's is a lot like 2007 draft minus a Pat Kane.

Now if you're talking the 2015 draft and the #4 overall, that's a valuable pick.

Last edited by Rorschach: 05-20-2014 at 02:49 AM. Reason: fixed "roster" replaced with "franchise"
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:14 AM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Too bad they're not going to get one at #4 in this draft. It isn't 2015, there's no roster player available. If anything both Voynov and Pearson are good value for the #4 each. They're both young, sure-fire NHLers of impact already although Pearson doesn't have the track record. The #4 pick in this draft might not even make the NHL. This year's is a lot like 2007 draft minus a Pat Kane.

Now if you're talking the 2015 draft and the #4 overall, that's a valuable pick.
Each time this draft gets described it gets worse. It's like the telephone game.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:26 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Calgary wouldn't do it . They will draft another very good centre . there are 4 players that are above the rest in this draft and Calgary gets one of them . They will have a nice 1,2 centre set up for the future .

McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Too bad they're not going to get one at #4 in this draft. It isn't 2015, there's no roster player available. If anything both Voynov and Pearson are good value for the #4 each. They're both young, sure-fire NHLers of impact already although Pearson doesn't have the track record. The #4 pick in this draft might not even make the NHL. This year's is a lot like 2007 draft minus a Pat Kane.

Have you actually followed this draft at all, because it's hard to believe anyone saying this has. Tanner Pearson is good value for the 4th overall? No "roster players" (does that mean NHL-ready or simply NHL prospects?)? I suggest you familiarize yourself with the draft class before commenting on it.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:47 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Have you actually followed this draft at all, because it's hard to believe anyone saying this has. Tanner Pearson is good value for the 4th overall? No "roster players" (does that mean NHL-ready or simply NHL prospects?)? I suggest you familiarize yourself with the draft class before commenting on it.
I fixed the "roster", what I meant was "franchise". I had "roster" on the mind because both Voynov and Pearson are roster players. Thanks.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 02:53 AM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

Quote:
I fixed the "roster", what I meant was "franchise". I had "roster" on the mind because both Voynov and Pearson are roster players. Thanks.
ekblad is a franchise d-man
reinhart 200 ft 1/2 center
Bennett 1/2 center/wing
draisaitl 2 maybe 1 c/w
dal colle 2 maybe 1 winger
after the first 5 it gets iffy as to high fail chances
the flames are 3+ years away from smelling playoff hockey so they will take the young forward.

landy92mack29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 03:56 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Got it. I agree that there are no obvious franchise players (MacKinnon, Stamkos, etc), just some guys with a chance/are debatable. That doesn't really impact #4 though, because there are rarely obvious franchise players available at #4 anyhow (2013 and 2015 as arguable exceptions). #4 this year looks pretty good as far as #4 overall goes. Dal Colle, Draisaitl, Ehlers, Nylander, etc are good prospects who I'd certainly not trade for Pearson, though I like him.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 06:17 AM
JohnnyGoodDro
haatley

Quote:
Too bad they're not going to get one at #4 in this draft. It isn't 2015, there's no can't miss franchise player available. If anything both Voynov and Pearson are good value for the #4 each. They're both young, sure-fire NHLers of impact already although Pearson doesn't have the track record. The #4 pick in this draft might not even make the NHL. This year's is a lot like 2007 draft minus a Pat Kane.

Ill take anyone in the top 5 over that package.

People are starting to under rate the top 5. The same people hear "weak draft" and assume the top 5 is weak, however, that is not the case at all. Its after the top 5 that it really starts to thin out.

JohnnyGoodDro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 06:39 AM
madmike77

Not a bad deal in terms of value. I just can't see the Kings trading existing NHL assets for a prospect, even if it is a top 4 pick.

And I can't see the Flames trading the 4th pick. The team has never drafted in the top 5 before and the top 5 this year looks pretty solid.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 08:06 AM
tony d
Real Super Mario

Yeah, the Flames don't do this. Rather they take the prospect that can grow with the team as they get better.

05-20-2014, 09:17 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

So either there are only 3 NHL players in this draft or you just said that no prospect is a sure thing which everyone knows.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:

Sure the #4 likely won't be a franchise guy, no one will dispute that.

However you still have to play the odds. The #4 pick still gives an exponentially better chance at a franchise player than that package offered. The only way the #4 is even discussed with LA is if Toffoli is on the table.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
KingCanadain1976

I think if i was calgary i would take this. You get a number one pairing defenseman to play with gio. and you also get a 2 lw Both player are still a ways off there prime but can help right now. The number 4 pick is proberly two years from playing. You also get another pick at 27 to have them play in two years. La however wouldn't do this as there tradeing two players off there roster for a player that will play maybe 2 years from now I don't think so there in a win now

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 09:56 AM
JohnnyGoodDro
haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I think if i was calgary i would take this. You get a number one pairing defenseman to play with gio. and you also get a 2 lw Both player are still a ways off there prime but can help right now. The number 4 pick is proberly two years from playing. You also get another pick at 27 to have them play in two years. La however wouldn't do this as there tradeing two players off there roster for a player that will play maybe 2 years from now I don't think so there in a win now
I prefer Brodie over Voynov on top pairing.

JohnnyGoodDro is offline   Reply With Quote