HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2014, 11:13 AM
  #76
EnforceTheLaus
Moderator
#TeachTheTrospiracy
 
EnforceTheLaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
Huberdeau for E.Kane, do it or don't do it? Explain why.
Nope. While I very much like Kane, Huby will be the better player long term.

EnforceTheLaus is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 12:47 PM
  #77
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!
 
ThePatientPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
Nothing special, but here goes....

Trade Huby for E.Kane
Trade Flash for Burrows
Trade Kuli + draft pick(s) for Ehrhoff
Trade Campbell for draft pick(s)?
Jovo buyout/retirement
Sign Callahan since I don't think Tampa will pay him and we probably won't get Vanek or Moulsen
Sign Orpik or Niskanen (don't think Pens will keep both)
Fill out the rest of the D with various free agent d-men.

E.Kane - Barkov - Callahan
Burrows - Bjugstad - Boyes
Upshall - Trocheck - Pirri
J.Hayes - Shore/Winchester - Bergenheim/Kopecky

Ehrhoff - Niskanen/Orpik
Meszaros/Greene - Gudbranson
Ekblad - Stralman
Extras: Olsen, Petrovic, Weegar, Matheson (if he signs)

Luongo
Ellis

Hire new coaching staff with a relentless trapping system, aggressive PK and anything different than the current PP we're running now. We become a more net crashing team with the additions of E.Kane, Callahan, Burrows

Edit: A guy like Steve Ott would be great too, we need more scrappy players than just Guds, Petro and Barch.
Too many moves in one off-season. I think one MAJOR trade, one minor trade and 1-2 key Free Agent signings would make a difference.

If I'm Tallon,

If we can't draft Ekblad,


Eberle


2014 1st round pick (FLA)
Tomas Fleischmann
Robak and/or 2015 2nd round pick

Try and trade Upshall and Ellis for picks or better backup goalie

Sign Cammalleri, Vrbata and Orpik.

Starting roster for 2014-15 season:

Cammalleri - Barkov - Eberle
Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Vrbata
Bergenheim - Pirri - Boyes
Kopecky - Shore - Hayes

Barch/Winchester

Soupy - Orpik
Kulikov - Gudbranson
Olsen - Petrovic

Jovo

Luongo
Emery

Howden and Trocheck could get one more year in SA like they should get. Or at the 2015 trade deadline, trade one or two of Kopecky/Bergy/Boyes and slot in Vinny and Quinton.

ThePatientPanther is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 10:25 PM
  #78
BigNickBjugstad
Registered User
 
BigNickBjugstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 500
What would you give up to trade for Eberle?

Noticed his name mentioned a few times. Good scoring winger, which is what we need.


Last edited by BigNickBjugstad: 04-13-2014 at 10:50 PM.
BigNickBjugstad is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 10:26 PM
  #79
BigNickBjugstad
Registered User
 
BigNickBjugstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 500
Although heard he's had an average season in Edmonton (according to their fans). But average is still 28 goals!

BigNickBjugstad is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 10:49 PM
  #80
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,205
vCash: 500
it'd require our pick or someone like bjugstad. nothing else would really get it done.

FrolikFan67 is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 11:33 PM
  #81
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 18,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
it'd require our pick or someone like bjugstad. nothing else would really get it done.
I agree. They'd want a big center or a defenseman. I wouldn't trade our pick or Bjugstad for him. Eberle is a great winger but he's not worth a 6'6" center. And Kulikov or Gudbranson are not nearly enough to get him. They'd just be throw-ins.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 06:37 PM
  #82
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!
 
ThePatientPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I agree. They'd want a big center or a defenseman. I wouldn't trade our pick or Bjugstad for him. Eberle is a great winger but he's not worth a 6'6" center. And Kulikov or Gudbranson are not nearly enough to get him. They'd just be throw-ins.
No I wouldn't trade Bjugstad either but why not the pick? How many prospects you want? I'd like a playoff contender by next year and we need 1-2 scoring wingers and 1-2 nhl ready defensemen to make a difference. Our 2nd round pick is still a 30th-33rd overall pick which isn't bad at all.

Tallon will have to get used to drafting out of the top 5 if we want to see any consistent success.

ThePatientPanther is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 11:05 PM
  #83
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 18,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
No I wouldn't trade Bjugstad either but why not the pick? How many prospects you want? I'd like a playoff contender by next year and we need 1-2 scoring wingers and 1-2 nhl ready defensemen to make a difference. Our 2nd round pick is still a 30th-33rd overall pick which isn't bad at all.

Tallon will have to get used to drafting out of the top 5 if we want to see any consistent success.
I'd take a surefire 1-2 defenseman(Ekblad) with that size over a small winger in Eberle anyday. I want a playoff team as bad as anyone else, but it's more important that we build the best team long term. If Ekblad is no longer available, then I'd be open to it.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 06:03 PM
  #84
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!
 
ThePatientPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I'd take a surefire 1-2 defenseman(Ekblad) with that size over a small winger in Eberle anyday. I want a playoff team as bad as anyone else, but it's more important that we build the best team long term. If Ekblad is no longer available, then I'd be open to it.
We're on the same page. I want Ekblad and if that isn't possible I'd prefer to trade/package the pick and get a proven top 6 winger or a top 4 defenseman.

ThePatientPanther is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 06:27 PM
  #85
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
We're on the same page. I want Ekblad and if that isn't possible I'd prefer to trade/package the pick and get a proven top 6 winger or a top 4 defenseman.
if we cant get ekblad and people are up for moving the pick. would you be willing to move

our first, kulikov, kopecky/bergy and drew shore for Kane and Bogo

or possibly swap picks with winnipeg and switch maybe just Kane and kulikov?

not sure how far off any of these are add subtract

homegrizown is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 06:44 PM
  #86
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!
 
ThePatientPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
if we cant get ekblad and people are up for moving the pick. would you be willing to move

our first, kulikov, kopecky/bergy and drew shore for Kane and Bogo

or possibly swap picks with winnipeg and switch maybe just Kane and kulikov?

not sure how far off any of these are add subtract
I feel the first offer would be an overpayment in my opinion.

I'd offer the Jets our 1st + Flash + Robak/Olsen for Kane. Add a 3rd round pick if need be.

ThePatientPanther is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
  #87
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
I feel the first offer would be an overpayment in my opinion.

I'd offer the Jets our 1st + Flash + Robak/Olsen for Kane. Add a 3rd round pick if need be.
bogosian and kane for that package?

thats ridiculously cheap

gudzilla is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM
  #88
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
bogosian and kane for that package?

thats ridiculously cheap
i think he stated only for kane. my original package incuded both. maybe swap bogo for buff considering the tallon connection.

homegrizown is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:19 PM
  #89
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
yay!

homegrizown is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:46 PM
  #90
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!
 
ThePatientPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
bogosian and kane for that package?

thats ridiculously cheap
Ya I meant ONLY Kane.

ThePatientPanther is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 04:34 AM
  #91
Ekblad
#5
 
Ekblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
if we hold on to the 1st overall pick and take ekblad, im almost hoping that means we trade away kulikov for an eberle type player.
putting ekblad on the pp with his cannon is gonna give us something we havent had since garry left. Plus, he's right handed so we can put him in a stamkos position and just slap em home.

Ekblad is online now  
Old
04-17-2014, 01:48 PM
  #92
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,364
vCash: 816
Random Leaf fan question of the day.

How did Petrovic play this season? How good does he project to be?

Ps. Didn't know where else to post this.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 12:23 AM
  #93
Android 16
Registered User
 
Android 16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Random Leaf fan question of the day.

How did Petrovic play this season? How good does he project to be?

Ps. Didn't know where else to post this.
Mediocre defenseman, hasn't shown a lot in the NHL.

Android 16 is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 02:31 AM
  #94
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Random Leaf fan question of the day.

How did Petrovic play this season? How good does he project to be?

Ps. Didn't know where else to post this.
he has alot of upside...he's big, mean, good skater and actually has very good offensive skills if you watch him play. he moves the puck well and has good puck skills. basically, physically he has it all.

but he just hasn't put it all together. RampageNate can probably tell you more about his play in the AHL, but as far as i know, it's been extremely erratic. his mental side of the game needs to improve. positioning, decisionmaking, etc. alot of the same stuff Gudbranson suffers with, Petrovic does as well.

I actually think Petrovic has higher upside than Guds does because of the offensive ability, but in the end, if he doesn't seriously tighten up his game in the defensive zone, that ability won't matter.

flapanthersfan is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 08:56 AM
  #95
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Mediocre defenseman, hasn't shown a lot in the NHL.
He played great in his first stint. Played not so well in his second stint. He was the best defenceman on the AHL team this year. This is mediocre?

IceManCat is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 09:06 AM
  #96
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
He played great in his first stint. Played not so well in his second stint. He was the best defenceman on the AHL team this year. This is mediocre?
meh, i think he get the shiny new toy syndrome. he's mean and thats about it at this stage. he's a decent bottom pairing defenseman right now, probably a #7 on most teams.

if you want to talk about AHL players being "good", TJ brennan was AHL defenseman of the year

gudzilla is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 09:58 AM
  #97
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
meh, i think he get the shiny new toy syndrome. he's mean and thats about it at this stage. he's a decent bottom pairing defenseman right now, probably a #7 on most teams.

if you want to talk about AHL players being "good", TJ brennan was AHL defenseman of the year
He is more than mean he was good defensively he moved the puck well, is a good skater and he got his shots on net. Everyone around here was all like "whoa hes better then Gudbranson" etc.. Im not saying he is a number #1 d, but he looks like a legit top 4 in the making and far from mediocre.

IceManCat is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 10:14 AM
  #98
EnforceTheLaus
Moderator
#TeachTheTrospiracy
 
EnforceTheLaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,319
vCash: 500
He's had an up and down year. 1st half he was dominant in the AHL being thier best D man by mile but he's had poor luck with injury when called up (with his partner or to himself).

He still is very, very good. So we'll see how he comes to camp next season but I expect him to be very close or ready to make the jump.

EnforceTheLaus is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 11:21 PM
  #99
JP Mick
Real Good.
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Mediocre defenseman, hasn't shown a lot in the NHL.
Just out of curiousity, how many Rampage games have you watched?

JP Mick is offline  
Old
04-19-2014, 03:32 AM
  #100
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 10,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Ya I meant ONLY Kane.
Glad your not our GM, then I would stop cheering for this team. Kane/Eberle is not worth the 1st OA alone, and you want to add?:

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.