HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline III

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Rundblad isn't a great skater and isn't particularly great in his own end. He's right handed and skilled which I like, but I wouldn't give up much for him.
Yeah, he's not a great skater but it's definitely not his weakness (that would be his defense but in his defense he isn't getting much of a shot considering he's on a stacked d-core). Getting some at least decent skating d-man on the team in place of Grossmann would really benefit this team IMO.

I think I'd go as far as Cousins and a pick for Rundblad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
They should go all in on Kesler. He would be the perfect fit for their team. He's already got the diving thing down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMqcMFu6bpg
That's embarrassing. Oh and if my post on the subject earlier wasn't enough this further proves why Richards > Kesler.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Broadstreethockey seems to be thinking the Kesler thing has legs based on some twitter posts we've seen already.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:20 PM
bennysflyers16

If Couts or Brayden are gone for Kesler I'm checking out till this stupid **** is gone as GM.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Broadstreethockey seems to be thinking the Kesler thing has legs based on some twitter posts we've seen already.
I just read the article, they're basically just using the offer street back then as a justification as to why the Flyers would be interested. They also considered Cousins to be our top prospect for whatever reason when they said it would cost us Schenn, Cousins, & our 1st this year for Kesler.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
They also considered Cousins to be our top prospect
Yeah, he lost me there.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:35 PM
SAINDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I get that we may be interested, but I don't understand as Kesler joining the Flyers does not address this teams greatest need. Defense.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:37 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
If Couts or Brayden are gone for Kesler I'm checking out till this stupid **** is gone as GM.
You know, been a fan for 35 years, if something like that happens I may just join the boycott.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:38 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Really?

Sens fans earlier in the year said Downie + 2nd for Wiercioch would be fair. I just posed the question on the main board to see how much/if any things have changed since then. I'd do that pretty easily though if it were still on the table. The way I look at it, it would be Downie a pending UFA that most definitely won't be back and Grossmann (after moving him for a pick) who has been pretty terrible recently.

Rundblad I would offer the pick we would get for Mez in a trade plus a 3rd or a bad decent prospect. That may not get it done but I'm really more interested in Wiercioch of the two anyhow.
If you can get Wiercioch for a 2nd and Downie, Homer should do it in an instant. 2 Years of Talbot, half a season of Downie and a 2nd for Wiercoich. That would be tremendous for the Flyers.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:39 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by saindon View Post
i get that we may be interested, but i don't understand as kesler joining the flyers does not address this teams greatest need. Defense.

centers. Only goal is to acquire all the centers. Especially two way centers. Only team goal. Centers.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Our new top line.

Giroux-Lecavalier-Kesler

Quote:
I just read the article, they're basically just using the offer street back then as a justification as to why the Flyers would be interested. They also considered Cousins to be our top prospect for whatever reason when they said it would cost us Schenn, Cousins, & our 1st this year for Kesler.
Sounds like an article well worth skipping.

Old
03-03-2014, 08:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I would offer up Laughton and a 1st....if this was any other team.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-03-2014, 08:43 PM
SAINDON

Could get trade prospects for Moulson, or is he not worth it?

Old
03-03-2014, 08:46 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I would offer up Laughton and a 1st....if this was any other team.
I wouldn't give that much for another center, makes zero sense. That pkg gets a huge upgrade on defense

Old
03-03-2014, 09:03 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
i am really worried about whats gonna happen...maybe worried is not a strong enough word.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Nothing major will happen, don't worry.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:07 PM
FLYERSFAN18

IMO, it would be a mistake not to have these players after the trade deadline

XXX-Giroux-Voracek
XXX-Schenn-Simmonds
Raffl-Couturier-Read

Laughton

Timonen-Coburn
Gus-Schenn
XXX-XXX

Morin, Hagg, Ghost

Everyone else would be available if I was the GM. I would only trade Hartnell for a clear upgrade on D. Vinny would be available for whatever (a 2nd would be nice) without a cap dump past this season coming back, Streit for whatever, and Downie and Grossmann for picks.

It really make no sense for us to trade our young centers and wingers since we really are not a cup contender this season.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:08 PM
SAINDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
i am really worried about whats gonna happen...maybe worried is not a strong enough word.
I'm with you.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
It's mixed emotions for me. They haven't traded these guys (Schenn & Couturier) for three years now & both are looking good right now, they really haven't gone big at the deadline in Homer's tenure, & the fact that we have Lecavalier playing out of position right now gives me some hope that they see we don't need a center or a right winger with Kesler.

Of course then I realize who our GM & owner are & it gives me some concern.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Logic suggests nothing will happen but I will never rule out the possibility of something stupid going down with Homer & Snider at the helm.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:12 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
I wish I couldn't worry , I would be ok if read got traded if for a top D, but want no part of Brayden Couts 1st or any D prospects traded.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:14 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I'm not as nervous as some of you. Homer didn't make any panic trades earlier in the year when everyone was struggling and this team was counted out. There's been countless rumors over the years of teams asking for Couturier and Schenn that never happened. I may be in the minority, but I have some faith in Homer.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Logic suggests nothing will happen but I will never rule out the possibility of something stupid going down with Homer & Snider at the helm.
I get ya, but I'm still 99.9% sure nothing major is going to happen. Media all over the place, and even the announcers during the Caps game, kept mentioning Homer is unwilling to trade their young talent. I believe that too, there isn't anything reasonable out there that would be worth trading them. Better off just waiting a year or two for the prospects to develop further to judge where we're at. It's not like the team can't make the playoffs right now, even with a defense this bad. In my opinion, it's not even a matter of upgrading the team, it could be improved immediately by removing certain players who are hurting more than helping.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Kesler won't waive to Columbus or Toronto. I really think he's going to be a Flyer. I like Kesler but Schenn is my favorite Flyer so...yeah.

It's going to be between PIT and us for Kesler. He'll waive for Detroit and Chicago but I don't see either of them getting in a bidding war at this time. Or Vancouver will just hold onto him.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
03-03-2014, 09:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I get ya, but I'm still 99.9% sure nothing major is going to happen. Media all over the place, and even the announcers during the Caps game, kept mentioning Homer is unwilling to trade their young talent. I believe that too, there isn't anything reasonable out there that would be worth trading them. Better off just waiting a year or two for the prospects to develop further to judge where we're at. It's not like the team can't make the playoffs right now, even with a defense this bad. In my opinion, it's not even a matter of upgrading the team, it could be improved immediately by removing certain players who are hurting more than helping.
We'll see I'm leaning towards the side of nothing happening but I just can't wait for Wednesday to come & be over.

The guy from the Fourth Period is backing up Rossi's report on Pittsburgh & their interest in Kessler.

Old
03-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Psuhockey

The deadline will be a big nothing. The NHL has gone thru the same transition the NFL did with the salary cap where after about 10 years most teams realized that 1st rd picks and young cheap talent are way more important that established veterans closing in on 30 or beyond. The NHL does have more dinosaurs running franchises than the NFL and there will always be more desperate teams needing playoff revenue in a gate driven business that is the NHL but they will be fewer and fewer each year.

The package that Vancouver is asking for is ludicrous and will kill a franchise. That's why I hope the penguins go for it.

Closed Thread