HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Wood or Composite?

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2005, 11:53 AM
JonathanK
McOptimistic

vCash: 500
Wood or Composite?

I think that wood is way better.

Old
08-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Brodeur

Depends on your preference. I certainly enjoy my Mission M-1 over any wood stick I've owned.

And it totally depends on your skills. It's the carpenter not the tools...........I find it funny when a beginning adult shows up barely being able to skate but uses a $200 Easton Stealth.

Old
08-02-2005, 04:48 PM
JonathanK
McOptimistic

Good Point.

Old
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Grave77digger

"I find it funny when a beginning adult shows up barely being able to skate but uses a $200 Easton Stealth."

I resemble that remark (vapor xx)

Old
08-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Brodeur

Not to imply that I'm any good =)

Iif you shop around, you can find composites for pretty "cheap"....I've gotten lucky, I got my M-1 for $50, a Synergy for $50, and a free Stealth.

I had this old Bauer woody that felt better than a lot of the two pieces I've had. Usually because if you get cheap on the blade, a two piece will still be lighter, but feel horribly unbalanced.

Old
08-02-2005, 11:15 PM
barfy2000

well...my main stick of use is the keith tkachuk TPS response with the rubber grip. i really enjoy using it, its kinda really grown on me, when i first go it i didnt like the curve or the rubbery grip, but now i cant live without it.

well maybe i can. my absoult favourite stick for me is my good ole ray bourque sherwood. heavy as hell, but has the sweetest curve ever. if i could only add a foot to the end of it, i would never need another stick again...but alas, ive outgrown it.

but anyways, back on topic. i think that both are quite useful, but i like wood that much more. the composite kinda feels too light and costly for me, so i dont really use the same kind of reckless abandon that i would if i were using a wooden stick. plus the wood stick gives me a better feel of the puck.

vote wood.

Closed Thread