HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best team in the league over the past 10 games.. hard to believe reading this section

Old
03-02-2014, 08:09 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Best team in the league over the past 10 games.. hard to believe reading this section

We're sitting nice with a 7-1-2 record in our last 10 games. 16 points out of 20.

That's so hard to believe with the amount of negativity in this forum. Two teams are 7-2-1 (Winnipeg, Washington), but we hold the best record in the past 10 games.

Either you have people saying get rid of Therrien (most who say we have a poor team), others who say we're an untalented team who just get lucky, etc, etc. If an opposing fan came into our section, they'd have to double check the standing because they'd think we were fighting with Buffalo and Edmonton for the worst team in the league.

It seems no one is happy with being 3rd in our conference. Sure, we have a lot of work to do before our team is perfect like the Chicago's of the league. But we're not that bad.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Jrham15

vCash: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
We're sitting nice with a 7-1-2 record in our last 10 games. 16 points out of 20.

That's so hard to believe with the amount of negativity in this forum. Two teams are 7-2-1 (Winnipeg, Washington), but we hold the best record in the past 10 games.

Either you have people saying get rid of Therrien (most who say we have a poor team), others who say we're an untalented team who just get lucky, etc, etc. If an opposing fan came into our section, they'd have to double check the standing because they'd think we were fighting with Buffalo and Edmonton for the worst team in the league.

It seems no one is happy with being 3rd in our conference. Sure, we have a lot of work to do before our team is perfect like the Chicago's of the league. But we're not that bad.
Oh we're that bad do you even watch the games they're terrible therien ****ing sucks and don't even get me started on that ****ing smurf DD - signed delusional habs fans.

Jrham15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:14 AM
shutehinside

I think it's because it seems the team is winning in spite of MTs terrible decisions and coaching. Some of his decisions have been blatantly bad and very questionable but we manage to pull a rabbit out of our ***** and get a win. Feels like when Toronto allows 50 shots in a game and only get 15 and win 3-1. A win is a win but we're making them much harder than necessary IMO.

Come playoff time, all these weaknesses tend to get exposed very quickly so we'll see how that works out. If we have another quick exit, I could see a coaching change in the off season.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:14 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
The main problem is not whether we win or not, Montreal has rarely had problems winning games in recent memory (minus the 2011-2012 season), the problem is the way the players are used, and the decisions the coaching staff are taking. Most of the people complaining here complain about MT benching Subban for example, or Beaulieu not playing, etc.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:16 AM
OpenIceHit

It's a miracle. With our top scorer ranked 64th in the NHL, I can't explain how we did it but I wouldn't base my expectations on this 10 game sequence.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:17 AM
No Team Needed

People should have stayed up to watch Calgary and Edmonton and see two teams without a clue from top to bottom on what defence is.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:18 AM
jeangauthier

vCash: 535
Some Leaf and Habs fans are interchangable.........rant for the sake of ranting......

jeangauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:22 AM
coolasprICE

by and large, we suck

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:25 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
by and large, we suck
Go watch some other teams in the league.

Old
03-02-2014, 08:27 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
It's a miracle. With our top scorer ranked 64th in the NHL, I can't explain how we did it but I wouldn't base my expectations on this 10 game sequence.
I didn't say we were the best team in the league for anything but those 10-games. But we're still a Top-10 team in the league.

Therrien isn't a great coach - although he's not quite as bad as the posts would lead you to believe. Similar to Jacques Martin (who was a better coach). It's not like other coaches are perfect in the league either. We used to hate things that Claude Julien and Alain Vigneault did too - and they've had success elsewhere as well. It makes me feel like our fanbase as a whole watches only the Habs and no one else ever.

It's just funny hearing everyone say we have a horrible coach BUT we are a bad team. How are we 8th in the league if our coach is terrible and we win in spite of him.. despite that we have a bad team? It's everywhere in this forum.

Nashville was a good team for 3-4 years with no real offensive stars either. And we have at least one great one on the cusp.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Smoky Thompson

Wow 7-1-2 in our last 10? Didn't see that coming. Pretty impressive actually.

Smoky Thompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:35 AM
No Team Needed

There's an assumption that Montreal is a bad team that gets lucky. It's an assumption that barely looks at any other team in the league.

Montreal is not in the same tier as the Blues but in a seven game series they could beat any team in the East. Teams like Boston and Toronto could take them to seven games but Montreal is not improbable to win it.

If you can goto the Cup finals and play a superior team like the Blues or Ducks, would you? Or would you just sell assets because you are not yet as dominant?

Old
03-02-2014, 08:37 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Go watch some other teams in the league.
I honestly think that's the biggest problem. People here just compare our team to team's like Chicago and then talk about how we suck so much because we're not as good as them.

Well there are 30 teams in the league and we're definitely in the top half of them. Does our team have holes that need to be filled? Yes, along with almost every single team in the league!

Overall we're a good team though and hopefully we can get some wins in the playoffs this year!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:39 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
People should have stayed up to watch Calgary and Edmonton and see two teams without a clue from top to bottom on what defence is.
lol I actually thought about it, but then said to myself, it's 2 of the worst teams in the NHL. Why am I watching this crappy game? and went to bed.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:44 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post

Do not try to use logic on this board. Everyone got an agenda against a coach, a gm or a player.

We don't need other fan bases to bash the team. We can do that perfectly by ourselves.

This team is not the best, but it is still a top ten team in the whole league.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
lol I actually thought about it, but then said to myself, it's 2 of the worst teams in the NHL. Why am I watching this crappy game? and went to bed.
Haha this had to be the popular choice last night

I was all "hey cool an all Canadian matchup"
Then all "nope"

Definitely helps that briere and galchenyuk are making a bigger impact. And Therrien actually had more than two lines out there in OT. If the intensity is there like in the first, the habs can keep up.

JusticeBeaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Best record in the last 10 games != best team. But it's a nice bonus the horseshoes are back per some of our earlier season standards.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:20 AM
ArtPeur

Montreal was outshotted 8 times in those 10 games and played 7 games at home

ArtPeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:23 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPeur View Post
Montreal was outshotted 8 times in those 10 games and played 7 games at home
So what ? They have a winning record on the road too,this year.

I am sure you would gladly prefer the last ten games record to be the total opposite.

Why don't you root for another team ? There is 29 to chose from.

Last edited by habitue*: 03-02-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old
03-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Milhouse40

Could someone tell me who was the first start in the NHL in the week prior to the olympics???

Having said that, i'm happy that the team is racking points here and there.
<But their games individually and collectively, along with dumb decision by Therrien doesn't make me more comfortable with their actual play on the ice.

Milhouse40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:38 AM
ArtPeur

Since 2014, the winning record at away games isn't much impressive: 5 wins (3 in OT/SO) and 4 lost. Okay, it might not mean much but.. last time they went on a trip for 4 games, they lost 3 of those. The Habs will have to play vs 3 of the best teams in the West this week, if they play well, then alright you got your hottest team in the NHL right now. I don't feel like this team we're seeing on the ice is that great though.

They always find a way to steal a few points off a game on which they were dominated badly. Look at that Detroit game Wednesday, Detroit dominated the habs without many of their top players and they had more players going at the Olympics than us..!

For the next few weeks, Montreal will have much tougher matchups and I'm not expecting them to do so well. I don't feel like watching any other team, this IS the team that I've always love watching and talking about.

ArtPeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Best record in the last 10 games != best team. But it's a nice bonus the horseshoes are back per some of our earlier season standards.
Yeah but we also lost many we should have won because the bounces and the calls were't favorable to us. At the end of the year, it evens out. This team is a middle of the pack playoff caliber team, once people accept that, the games will be funnier for them.

Prendan Brust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Quote:
I watched the first bit of it and I saw Westgarth get knocked the **** out, that made me watch the rest of the first but it was pretty boring.

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Coldplay
Courage

You mean people on this forum actually overreact to the situation at hand?

Nahhhhhhh, no way.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:49 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prendan Brust View Post
Yeah but we also lost many we should have won because the bounces and the calls were't favorable to us. At the end of the year, it evens out. This team is a middle of the pack playoff caliber team, once people accept that, the games will be funnier for them.
Yes. With Price in net, they might win one round, possibly two. But I strongly doubt they could make it to he SC Finals.

But the Eastern Conference is not that strong....