HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Cammalleri Will Be Dealt

Old
03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Wiqkid*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sem1 View Post
No disrespect to you, your just saying what you've read. But can we NOT make a thread of that? I'd prefer to just pretend I never read that proposal.

I would jump off my balcony if that trade happened. That's not enough for Gio alone. Not even close. Ugh.

Even a 1% chance of this trade happening makes me uneasy.
rofl thats fine too. Im wondering how credible this guy is... and Im surprised no one has made a thread yet. It was on TSN 1050 in Toronto. I was just streaming it on my phone in Michigan to hear all the trades.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid1 View Post
rofl thats fine too. Im wondering how credible this guy is... and Im surprised no one has made a thread yet. It was on TSN 1050 in Toronto. I was just streaming it on my phone in Michigan to hear all the trades.
Looked him up. Apparently not very. Other reports have Cammy going east

03-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Wiqkid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Looked him up. Apparently not very. Other reports have Cammy going east
Yeah I hope its not true. They did just say in an update that it was close to happening.... I hope TSN is just completely wrong.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Yeah I hope its not true. They did just say in an update that it was close to happening.... I hope TSN is just completely wrong.
I'd literally get sick to my stomach. Phanuef deal all over again.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
JurassicTunga

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
Not gonna lie, didn't even mean to make pun in that Flames/cooking tweet... Told CGY going through final motions on Cammalleri

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
Not gonna lie, didn't even mean to make pun in that Flames/cooking tweet... Told CGY going through final motions on Cammalleri
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Old
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Jonathan Davis (Kings beat writer, NHL Network Radio) just said on TSN1050 that there is a rumor of a LA/CGY deal of: Cammy + Gio for Williams, Muzzin, Clifford...CGY gets hosed in that deal, hope its not true.
This was also reported to being a last resort Hail Mary trade if everything else fell apart... A draft pick would also be included on the Kings side...

King RAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
This was also reported to being a last resort Hail Mary trade if everything else fell apart... A draft pick would also be included on the Kings side...
Either way, definitely sounds like fantasy. Don't think Flames fans need to worry.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

If he's traded to the Devils, can he be here in 8 minutes 3 seconds for the start of the 3rd? We're struggling here

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:53 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
If he's traded to the Devils, can he be here in 8 minutes 3 seconds for the start of the 3rd? We're struggling here
That actually happens to be his specialty.

Old
03-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

Burke has publicly stated twice now including once today, that the flames only untouchables are Monohan and gio so I really doubt this report is true

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:21 PM
madmike77

That LA rumor is beyond awful. Even Feaster wouldn't make that deal. Have to believe it isn't true.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Blikian29

Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Here is a tidbit from Mayor John Hoven:

http://mayorsmanor.com/2014/03/three...t-by-la-kings/

- Finally, there have been talks between the Flames and Kings for a package deal. While we’ve been told Lombardi is not really interested in Michael Cammalleri (or any other high-priced rental), he’d be willing to take the diminutive sniper if that’s what was needed to pry Mark Giordano out of Calgary. At 30 years old and signed to a reasonable $4M cap hit, this is a deal right in the wheel house. It’s something that was discussed recently, and would likely include Justin Williams, Kyle Clifford, Jake Muzzin and possibly a draft pick. However, as of this afternoon, this deal wasn’t the top priority, but considered something the two teams could come back to if other options don’t materialize prior to Wednesday’s deadline.

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:27 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post

- Finally, there have been talks between the Flames and Kings for a package deal. While we’ve been told Lombardi is not really interested in Michael Cammalleri (or any other high-priced rental), he’d be willing to take the diminutive sniper if that’s what was needed to pry Mark Giordano out of Calgary. At 30 years old and signed to a reasonable $4M cap hit, this is a deal right in the wheel house. It’s something that was discussed recently, and would likely include Justin Williams, Kyle Clifford, Jake Muzzin and possibly a draft pick. However, as of this afternoon, this deal wasn’t the top priority, but considered something the two teams could come back to if other options don’t materialize prior to Wednesday’s deadline.
The issue is the Flames don't "need" to deal Cammy. He's a UFA at the end of the year. There's no reason to give up assets in order to unload him. I really don't buy that rumor at all unless Burke has completely lost his marbles.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Please go to NJ

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Butler View Post
we've taken 2 ever. Staois as a plug when we were trying to compete and Smid's hardly trash. You guys were bragging about how he was a top 4 guy before we got him for our trash.

Honestly, what would Edmonton even do with Cammy? What role would he even fill. I thought you needed grittier, bigger guys and vets.
We got the prospect goalie we wanted for a struggling Smid and a stalled out, pos prospect goalie who chokes all the time. Smid isn't garbage, you are right, but he wasn't playing well at all. Not to mention that dealing him meant we could sign Bryz, who we turned into Fasth today. I would rather have Fasth and Brossoit over Smid and Olivier Roy.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlamesFan18
Regression Obsession

Quote:

Would be worst deal in Flames history. Not joking. Makes the Phaneuf deal look good.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ComixZone

Quote:

lol what? That makes so little sense...why do we need anyone to take Cammalleri? Especially at the expense of our Captain, and near-Team Canada d-man? Makes no sense.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Seachd

Quote:

Sounds like Hoven has gone around the bend.

"Would be willing to take" Cammalleri in order to get Giordano? That makes it sound like they'd be doing Calgary a favor.

What part of that package would Calgary be so interested in that they'd give up Giordano, let alone Giordano and Cammalleri?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:32 PM
nogger
ploffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
We got the prospect goalie we wanted for a struggling Smid and a stalled out, pos prospect goalie who chokes all the time. Smid isn't garbage, you are right, but he wasn't playing well at all. Not to mention that dealing him meant we could sign Bryz, who we turned into Fasth today. I would rather have Fasth and Brossoit over Smid and Olivier Roy.
You turned Bryz into a 4th, and you turned 2 other picks into Fasth.

In no way at all did you 'basically' turn Bryz into Fasth lol

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
"Would be willing to take" Cammalleri in order to get Giordano? That makes it sound like they'd be doing Calgary a favor.

What part of that package would Calgary be so interested in that they'd give up Giordano, let alone Giordano and Cammalleri?

My thoughts exactly.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

vCash: 19770
Quote:

POSSIBLY a draft pick?

If this trade happens, I'll eat my hat.

Now replace Giordano with Wideman, and the value is closer. Or add significantly on LA's part.

03-04-2014, 09:57 PM
bam09

So Burke has a press conference this morning stating that Monahan and Giordano are as close to untouchable as you can get, referencing that those types of players become available if someone does something "stupid" and offers 10 first round picks. I guess that alleged trade does involve someone doing something "stupid" but it certainly wouldn't be the team acquiring Gio doing that.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:58 PM
nik-

Flames so desperate to trade a pending UFA that we'll use it as part of a package and add a top 2 dman who happens to be our Captain.

Awesome. That mayor is higher than Rob Ford.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

My apologies on behalf of Kings fans. The Mayor is a good guy but he can be a homer, and that supposed rumor is more of a pipe dream and a bad suggestion.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote