HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

CBJ & Jets...Murray for #13 pick.

Old
05-09-2017, 03:37 PM
10Ducky10

vCash: 500
CBJ & Jets...Murray for #13 pick.

This trade takes place after the expansion draft and before the entry draft.

Jets
Ryan Murray

The Jets get a LHD that has not had a good year last season but I think can play much better. Probably the 2LHD for the Jets.

CBJ
13th overall pick in the 2017 entry draft.
This gives them the chance to maybe put them together and move up or pick with the 13th and trade the 28th for more picks?

Even up or who adds?

10Ducky10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 03:39 PM
WubbaLubbaDubDub

vCash: 250
Jackets don't do it.

We need an nhl ready player whose either established himself as a 1C or has the potential to be one.

We're already the youngest team in the NHL with the possibility of getting even younger next year. We don't need picks. We need high end nhl talent.

WubbaLubbaDubDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 03:40 PM
mikeyp24

Big no from CBJ. No pick in this draft fills the 1C role we need right now and that's the only way we leave Murray. Especially after the draft because at that point we likely could lose JJ and Murray.

If trading with the jets it's for Little maybe not a pick.

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
Jackets don't do it.

We need an nhl ready player whose either established himself as a 1C or has the potential to be one.

We're already the youngest team in the NHL with the possibility of getting even younger next year. We don't need picks. We need high end nhl talent.
Murray won't get you a 1C. Probably won't get you a 2C. Not a good one with years left on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyp24 View Post
Big no from CBJ. No pick in this draft fills the 1C role we need right now and that's the only way we leave Murray. Especially after the draft because at that point we likely could lose JJ and Murray.

If trading with the jets it's for Little maybe not a pick.
Murray wouldn't even start the conversation for Little. You'd have to do a lot better than that.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 03:55 PM
mikeyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Murray won't get you a 1C. Probably won't get you a 2C. Not a good one with years left on him.

Murray wouldn't even start the conversation for Little. You'd have to do a lot better than that.
A U23 #2/3 dman has value. He is so undervalued here because people don't know the situation in Columbus and that's fine I don't expect them to know every team. I said little because it was mentioned in another thread somewhere not my personal preference so I'm fine with that.

No one is saying Murray 1 for 1 anyways... it will be Murray plus for established guys. It's likely Duchene or Stepan or something right now that we target IF we target.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:16 PM
voxel
We are legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
Even up or who adds?
Jets add 2018 1st at least. The #13 isn't worth very much especially in poor draft.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:20 PM
MardyBum

No, thanks.

If you could stop posting terrible Jets proposals that'd be great.

MardyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
A U23 #2/3 dman has value. He is so undervalued here because people don't know the situation in Columbus and that's fine I don't expect them to know every team. I said little because it was mentioned in another thread somewhere not my personal preference so I'm fine with that.

No one is saying Murray 1 for 1 anyways... it will be Murray plus for established guys. It's likely Duchene or Stepan or something right now that we target IF we target.
How do you figure Murray is a #2/3 dman? Not trying to get snarky now but his stats say he is barely a 3rd pair starter. Even that is being generous and assuming he rebounds from last year. Never mind adding, he can't be the main piece for Duchene or Stepan or any other top 6 C.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Heck no. If we trade Murray we're aiming higher than a mid-round pick.

Quote:
How do you figure Murray is a #2/3 dman? Not trying to get snarky now but his stats say he is barely a 3rd pair starter. Even that is being generous and assuming he rebounds from last year. Never mind adding, he can't be the main piece for Duchene or Stepan or any other top 6 C.
Oh, you're one of them.

I recommend watching him.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Timani

Quote:

As a Stars fan, I'd let you keep Murray and deal you #3 and Nichuskin for Werenski.

I'm probably not gonna be a Jackets favorite for that proposal, I suppose, but you could get a potential #1 Center and a wing for more offensive firepower.

Timani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Jets add 2018 1st at least. The #13 isn't worth very much especially in poor draft.
Sorry no. Truth is you don't get the 13th OA for Murray to begin with. Even in a bad draft.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
This narrative needs to die. This is only a poor draft in the FIRST 3 PICKS.
After that, it's the same as any other draft

Gavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:45 PM
mikeyp24

Quote:
That's why I said I don't blame those for not knowing the Murray situation. I'll give you the very quick rough breakdown. If you want to then go back and say "but stats" there really isn't much to discuss.

- Murray started his career basically protecting Wiz as he jumped into the offense playing a solely defensive role. He was never paired with a legit comparable talent until we got Jones.

-Watch his play (and the numbers likely show the same) after we got Jones. Murray was a flat out D stud.

- Murray played with Jones for team NA in the WC and they played in the crucial points of the game. Most people said they were the best pair.

- Murray started the year top pair but was elbowed in the head with a cheapshot early on and Werenski stepped into that role. JJ/Savard play at there best together and have had struggles apart. They were really hitting their stride as the best shut down pair when Murray was sent down as well so he was forced to the third pair.

-His partner was Nutivaara who never played on NA ice and was a rookie. He was forced to play on his offside and shelter the kid. He was then later hit in the hand by a random shot that broke his hand causing him to miss time.

-if you want to see how important to team D he was look at our record with and without him this year. He is a defensive focused 2/3.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:47 PM
WubbaLubbaDubDub

Quote:
Sorry no. Truth is you don't get the 13th OA for Murray to begin with. Even in a bad draft.
I guarantee just about everyone outside the top 6 or 7 picks would trade for a capable fringe top pair dman.

Which is what Murray is. He can step onto any pairing and fit in perfectly. His entire career he's been stuck sheltering players and eating hard minites(PK, dzone, late game). Even under Babcock at the world's Murray and Jones took almost all of the PK and late game situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timani View Post
As a Stars fan, I'd let you keep Murray and deal you #3 and Nichuskin for Werenski.

I'm probably not gonna be a Jackets favorite for that proposal, I suppose, but you could get a potential #1 Center and a wing for more offensive firepower.
There's only one player that Werenski would be involved in from the stars, and it's not nichuskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
This narrative needs to die. This is only a poor draft in the FIRST 3 PICKS.
After that, it's the same as any other draft
Either way, Murray carries more value than a kid who may or may not ever touch a nhl sheet of ice.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Patagonia

CBJ declines, Murray is worth a Top 5 pick.

Patagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:50 PM
mikeyp24

Quote:
Buf fans have offered the 8 for him and we said no to that too. The guys you draft at those spots you hope max out a Murray. You don't get Murray for a mid round first especially this year.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:54 PM
WubbaLubbaDubDub

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...2225931&page=3

He's at the very least worth 8th overall...

Old
05-09-2017, 05:01 PM
PanarinDangles9

Ryan Murray will not be traded for picks.

PanarinDangles9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:01 PM
surixon

Not interested as a Jets fan. If we could buy low on him then great but he hasn't proven enough to worth giving up a first. I like the kid but regardless of injuries and circumstances he hasn't proven himself to be a legit top 4 dmen as of yet.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:02 PM
McDLT
ShamWow Inventor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think that you're undervaluing Murray.

McDLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Keystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagonia View Post
CBJ declines, Murray is worth a Top 5 pick.
You could be right. However after the first 2 picks the draft could unfold many different ways. It's not a reach to say some teams 5th rated player could still be there at 13. I thought I heard today that one of the guys from the hockey news has Cody Glass at 15? I've seen in the top 5 in others.
Just saying.

Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:17 PM
10Ducky10

Murray for Dano and a 2nd?

10Ducky10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
You could be right. However after the first 2 picks the draft could unfold many different ways. It's not a reach to say some teams 5th rated player could still be there at 13. I thought I heard today that one of the guys from the hockey news has Cody Glass at 15? I've seen in the top 5 in others.
Just saying.
That doesn't mean that a top 5 pick in value is the same as the 15th.

Only way that works is if we get to pick 15 on the board and Columbus has a guy they had that high on the list, and even then, they still don't pay as much as they would have for a top 5 pick.

This thread is also ridiculous from the get go.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:19 PM
mikeyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
Murray for Dano and a 2nd?
We traded Dano in the first place and our wings are LOADED. Still doesn't help our 1C problem.

Old
05-09-2017, 05:35 PM
surixon

Quote:
That's why I said I don't blame those for not knowing the Murray situation. I'll give you the very quick rough breakdown. If you want to then go back and say "but stats" there really isn't much to discuss.

- Murray started his career basically protecting Wiz as he jumped into the offense playing a solely defensive role. He was never paired with a legit comparable talent until we got Jones.

-Watch his play (and the numbers likely show the same) after we got Jones. Murray was a flat out D stud.

- Murray played with Jones for team NA in the WC and they played in the crucial points of the game. Most people said they were the best pair.

- Murray started the year top pair but was elbowed in the head with a cheapshot early on and Werenski stepped into that role. JJ/Savard play at there best together and have had struggles apart. They were really hitting their stride as the best shut down pair when Murray was sent down as well so he was forced to the third pair.

-His partner was Nutivaara who never played on NA ice and was a rookie. He was forced to play on his offside and shelter the kid. He was then later hit in the hand by a random shot that broke his hand causing him to miss time.

-if you want to see how important to team D he was look at our record with and without him this year. He is a defensive focused 2/3.

The advanced stats aren't at all kind to Murray i don't think there is much debate about that.

But you fans seem to think hes more than that but it doesn't appear that your coach does. Perhaps you can answer why he doesn't share these same sentiments.

This year he was 5th in total ice time per game among your regular defenders. Now before you bring the special teams argument into play he was also 5th in terms of ES ice time per game a good 2 minutes a game less than any of your other top 4 guys. Last year he was 4th in ice time per game both total and ES.

This to me seems like a coach that most certainly doesn't value him as an everyday top 4 let alone the 2/3 That you claim him to be. This seems to be a coach that values and plays him according to what the underlying data shows him to be.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote