HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[NYI/PHI] Andrew MacDonald to PHI for Matt Mangene, 2nd (2015) and a 3rd (2014)

Old
03-05-2014, 07:19 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid1 View Post
That tends to happen when you are being asked to do too much. Big fan of this trade. 2nd round picks aint no thang.
Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, PK Subban among many, many more say otherwise.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Young man had a solid game last night. Calm under pressure and great 1st pass. The pairing of Schenn and MacDonald was rock solid. He will not have to play killer minutes here and he already is pumped about playing for the Flyers. Another steal by Holmgren. To get a stud defenseman for that price is special. Snow made another mistake. Shame, I like the guy.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
BernieParent

MacDonald played well in his first game as a Flyer! And the Flyers won! WE WON THE TRADE DEADLINE!!!!!!!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Girouxtiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, PK Subban among many, many more say otherwise.
From now on, I will invoke Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Lundqvist among many, many others each time a team trades a conditional 7th.

Yeah, good players come out of every round of the draft. But given MacDonald's history, I'm happy with the sure thing that we got.

Girouxtiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
he was our #3-4Dman by the numbers yesterday and looked very good

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 02:30 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
he was our #3-4Dman by the numbers yesterday and looked very good
As an Islanders fan I think he will do much better in an environment he isn't overplayed(he should be playing 20-25 minutes and no more). It probably will lead to less brain farts on his part, also having a better defensive partner will cover the occasional mistake(or getting caught out of place)

Sort of funny the Islanders sort of got more value for MacDonald then Vanek(although I am guessing contract drove his price way up)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:32 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
As an Islanders fan I think he will do much better in an environment he isn't overplayed(he should be playing 20-25 minutes and no more). It probably will lead to less brain farts on his part, also having a better defensive partner will cover the occasional mistake(or getting caught out of place)

Sort of funny the Islanders sort of got more value for MacDonald then Vanek(although I am guessing contract drove his price way up)
I think it has less to do with salary and more to do with the fact that he fits in with the teams long term plans. Homer has already expressed interest in re-signing him.

He'll probably be averaging around 19-21 a night in Philly I would say, he got 18 last night. And just fwiw he was paired with Luke Schenn last night. They looked real good together too.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Ret

MacDonald in his new uniform.

Last edited by Ret: 03-08-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 10:02 AM
12Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Young man had a solid game last night. Calm under pressure and great 1st pass. The pairing of Schenn and MacDonald was rock solid. He will not have to play killer minutes here and he already is pumped about playing for the Flyers. Another steal by Holmgren. To get a stud defenseman for that price is special. Snow made another mistake. Shame, I like the guy.
Stud and Macdonald in same sentence? You're missing the word not. One game, be patient. Snow made no mistake, trading a guy he want going to go over budget on, in dollars or term?

12Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 10:31 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Dog View Post
Stud and Macdonald in same sentence? You're missing the word not. One game, be patient. Snow made no mistake, trading a guy he want going to go over budget on, in dollars or term?
Like all have said he is not a top minute guy. He will be solid here and very much worth the 2nd we lost swapping him for mez.

I would think if we sign him we would trade Grossmann and have gus come in for cheap with possibly a ahl player and eventually ghost

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 04:29 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

I'm just glad Flyers finally found a Dman that can hit the net from the point. MacD's puck moving skills looked good and add that Schenn looked better out there as well is a plus.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 06:18 PM
rikker
fan since '75.

AMac was awful this year for the Isles, but i think it was mostly because of his contract issues.

he played very good last year, but in no way is he a complete defenceman. he is a good little soldier, but is very weak in front of his own net.

a good value, at say... $3.5 per. will PHI pay him $5 x 5, though?

hmmmmmmm...

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 07:44 PM
StrongIslanders90

At 18-20 min in a lesser role he's fine. It's when he's asked to be th #1 playing 27min is when ba things happen.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 12:10 AM
ObsessedCreative*
I hate the Penguins.

Quote:
calling MacDonald a "stud defenseman" good lord...

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
At 18-20 min in a lesser role he's fine. It's when he's asked to be th #1 playing 27min is when ba things happen.
This is the part that people are missing. Philly isn't putting that pressure on him which should lead to fewer mistakes.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Chardo

Just keep an eye on this board for the inevitable game where he blows assignments leading to three goals against. It's coming.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Scarbarian*

He wasn't good at all yesterday. JVR made him look like the definition of a pylon with the sick power move in the 1st period that nearly resulted in goal. Would have been a heckuva a goal if the puck actually went in the net.

Scarbarian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston 4 cup View Post
He wasn't good at all yesterday. JVR made him look like the definition of a pylon with the sick power move in the 1st period that nearly resulted in goal. Would have been a heckuva a goal if the puck actually went in the net.
In all fairness JVR makes everyone looks like a pylon when he does that move lol.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:14 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston 4 cup View Post
2 games in and he's already light years ahead of the guy he replaced - Meszaros.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:57 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Really fail to see how this could be considered a mistake by Snow.

He is a pending UFA, the Isles aren't making the playoffs, and he went for the highest price of any dman traded at the deadline.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
PhilaFlyers

Definitely not a mistake by Snow. Isles weren't about to pay him, so they got something for him.

And I agree, MacDonald has looked better than Mez.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:19 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
In all fairness JVR makes everyone looks like a pylon when he does that move lol.
Yea it is pretty hard to defend that leagally.

I think he has looked very good. Smooth plays with great outlet passes. I'm happy to have him. If we sign him for under 5 I'll be happy. As others have said he is far better than mez

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Just keep an eye on this board for the inevitable game where he blows assignments leading to three goals against. It's coming.
and that is why he is a mid-pairing d-man instead of a top pairing one. AGAIN, Philly did not trade for him to be their #1 D-man. He is expected to give a good 18-20 minutes and is currently on the 3rd pairing.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 12:07 PM
FourRings

Loved AMac, He's a middle pairing defenseman and the Isles gave him top pairing minutes. He was completely misused. Best of luck to Andrew!

FourRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 12:36 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
and that is why he is a mid-pairing d-man instead of a top pairing one. AGAIN, Philly did not trade for him to be their #1 D-man. He is expected to give a good 18-20 minutes and is currently on the 3rd pairing.
And isles offering him $3.5m, then later $4m per, have their top three blueline prospects turning pro in Oct. 2014: Reinhart/Pulock/ Pokka . Little interest in paying AMac $5m per on a 5 year deal, when top youngsters were expected to push him down the depth chart.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote