HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CHI/PHX]David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois for 2014 2nd rounder

Old
03-04-2014, 10:42 PM
HereCometheHawks
O Captain My Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownCode View Post
Not to toot our own horn but the Blackhawks damn near make a specialty of raising D-men- Keith climbed to another level in '09 along with Seabrook becoming the NHL best pairing (after of course you know who retired from that team in Detroit),
To be fair, Chelios already had a Stanley Cup Ring, All-Star/All-Rookie team, and 2nd in Calder voting to Mario Lemieux when he was traded to Chicago. Of course he grew immensely, but let's give credit where it's due.

HereCometheHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 10:54 PM
bossram

Chicago also has a glut of defenseman, including some good prospects coming up as well. I don't really see Rundblad getting much of an opportunity in Chicago either.

bossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 190
This is a piss poor trade for Hawks

Threw away a perfectly good 2nd for a guy who is simply a bust. He has failed to show anything at professional level

Unless Leddy or Oduya go away this makes no sense.. Even if they do go away with Dahlbeck+Clendening in AHL it is pointless to bring in a guy like Rundblad

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
2nd round pick. Big deal. What were we going to do with it? Pick another Olsen/Hayes/Morin/Pirri/Danault/McNeil/Johns/Clandening/etc.? This team is LOADED with draft picks/prospects that the roster simply doesn't have room for.

2nd round pick...Rundblad... What's the difference? This team is stacked across nearly all lines with players whose careers as Hawks don't seem destined to end anytime soon.
Bolded is why I kind of don't understand the deal. While I like it from a "value" perspective, the players picked in the 2nd round wouldn't have to clear waivers until something like 2018/2019. That gives the current log-jam of prospects a chance to either contribute at the NHL level, or bust. Adding a guy like Rundblad just is one more guy that the Hawks apparently need to try and find a roster spot for. The two candidates IMO are Oduya & Roszival, who are both UFA's after next year. Pretty apparent IMO that Brookbank isn't going to be back, which means that the Hawks could do a Rosy/Rundblad exchange for the #6/7 d-men next year, but that not the position I'd like to put Rundblad in.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:08 AM
TheLegend
43rd TankBuster Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
They paid Turris for him and a 2nd. How far has his value dropped? He played well lately in the AHL.
As far as Phoenix was concerned....

Turris' value < Runblad's value

Runblad was caught in the numbers game in PHX, who is still deep in D-men who can play D, and manage to move the puck at times..

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:13 AM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Former 2nd round picks:
Duncan Keith
Corey Crawford
Dave Bolland
Bryan Bickell
Brandon Saad
Chicago has been a very good drafting team the past years so I agree the 2nd has pretty good value

However the '14 draft is pretty weak in terms of depth, and I have no doubt Runblad is a better prospect then a majority of the 2nd rounders. The added bonus is he is further developed, and has more potential

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bowman this year:

Traded for:
50% Versteeg
50% Regin
50% Bouchard
Rundblad
Panthers 3rd
2016 5th

Traded away:
Jimmy Hayes
Dylan Olsen
4th Round Pick
Hawks 2nd
Brandon Pirri

I'd call that a good trading season for Bowman

I don't see why this shouldn't make much sense for the Hawks. They get more quality out of Rundblad than they get out of that late 2nd. Rundblad could possibly help as soon as this season. That 2nd in about 3 years.

Last edited by Bubba88: 03-05-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Chicago has been a very good drafting team the past years so I agree the 2nd has pretty good value

However the '14 draft is pretty weak in terms of depth, and I have no doubt Runblad is a better prospect then a majority of the 2nd rounders. The added bonus is he is further developed, and has more potential
He has developed into a bust who has been given up on already by 3 teams ,, A 2nd rounder is more valuable then a guy who cant play NHL hockey IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bowman this year:

Traded for:
50% Versteeg
50% Regin
50% Bouchard
Rundblad
Panthers 3rd
2016 5th

Traded away:
Jimmy Hayes
Dylan Olsen
4th Round Pick
Hawks 2nd
Brandon Pirri

I'd call that a good trading season for Bowman

I don't see why this shouldn't make much sense for the Hawks. They get more quality out of Rundblad than they get out of that late 2nd. Rundblad could possibly help as soon as this season. That 2nd in about 3 years.
Only quality assets he has acquired is Versteeg and 3rd rounder ,,, Outside of that it is nothing but junk

Explain to me what quality they get from acquiring Rundblad? He cant play D and has shown nothing offensively as professional

A 2nd rounder is more intriguing and full of potential then a guy who has been nothing but a bust and failure so far

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 03-05-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Old
03-05-2014, 01:59 AM
SuddenFoppaLidas

Rundblad was one of my favourite players while playing with Skellaftea in the SHL. At 20, he managed to get 50 points on 55 games. And also played WC for Sweden. I actually thought he would almost reach Erik Karlsson-level in his offensive game. But it hasn't woked out in the NHL, I still think he can make it to be a good puck-moving D. He just needs to make the easier decisions in own zone, and he needs to get games. He need to know that if he makes a mistake he won't get benched, beacuse when he plays with belif he's a great player to watch. But I have hard time seeing him get much time on the ice for Hawks?

SuddenFoppaLidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenFoppaLidas View Post
Rundblad was one of my favourite players while playing with Skellaftea in the SHL. At 20, he managed to get 50 points on 55 games. And also played WC for Sweden. I actually thought he would almost reach Erik Karlsson-level in his offensive game. But it hasn't woked out in the NHL, I still think he can make it to be a good puck-moving D. He just needs to make the easier decisions in own zone, and he needs to get games. He need to know that if he makes a mistake he won't get benched, beacuse when he plays with belif he's a great player to watch. But I have hard time seeing him get much time on the ice for Hawks?
In that case I can guarantee that his time in Chicago will be short

Old
03-05-2014, 02:21 AM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
This is a piss poor trade for Hawks

Threw away a perfectly good 2nd for a guy who is simply a bust. He has failed to show anything at professional level

Unless Leddy or Oduya go away this makes no sense.. Even if they do go away with Dahlbeck+Clendening in AHL it is pointless to bring in a guy like Rundblad
Yep. Most Phoenix fans are ****ing pissed over this trade. I am one of the guys glad to see him gone. The guy simply sucks..

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 03:35 AM
CaptainCally

vCash: 50
I think if he's put in a position to succeed he has the potential to be one of the best PMD's in the league.

Really good offensively. He needs to be on a team that's got patience and desperately need a PMD. In Phoenix he had Yandle and OEL ahead of him.

Pretty stiff competition in Chicago as well. But Roszival might come of the books and be let go after the season? Rundblad is a RHD. He's got Keith ahead of him and Leddy. IMO Rundblad has got better offensive instincts and potential than Leddy. So he could find a nice role in Chicago.

But ideally Rundblad should be on a team like the Rangers. Well they're a bit lacking in the patience department. But they desperately need a PMD. And a RHD is a pretty huge need as well. We got Girardi, Stralman and Klein. But Stralsie is an upcoming UFA. I'd love to see Rundblad on his pos. Stralsie is so good but he'll want a significant raise and Rundblad fits more of a need and is quite younger.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 03:52 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip View Post
Yep. Most Phoenix fans are ****ing pissed over this trade. I am one of the guys glad to see him gone. The guy simply sucks..
Agreed. I feel the same about Chris Brown as well.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:00 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I like the deal and I hope this leads to something bigger around moving a D man later today.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:04 AM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He has developed into a bust who has been given up on already by 3 teams ,, A 2nd rounder is more valuable then a guy who cant play NHL hockey IMO

Only quality assets he has acquired is Versteeg and 3rd rounder ,,, Outside of that it is nothing but junk

Explain to me what quality they get from acquiring Rundblad? He cant play D and has shown nothing offensively as professional

A 2nd rounder is more intriguing and full of potential then a guy who has been nothing but a bust and failure so far
And he sent away even less than he acquired. Bowman has done well for himself in low-profile trades. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

One thing Rundblad has talent. Does it really matter if he is the #6/7 d-man next year? Sure Hawks posters thought that position would be given to Clendening or Dahlbeck but if Bowman thinks Rundblad has more talent than both of those two (which he likely does) then there is nothing wrong with this trade.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Intense Rage

Rundblad is not an upgrade on anyone in our top 6. He can't be sent down and now we will trade someone better than him just to accommodate him? On top of that we paid a 2nd. What the hell Bowman???

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we got a player for next year this TD... he is not needed for this years Cup Run (unless a regular gets hurt)

He'll replace Roszival or Oduya within the next 1-2 years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote