HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline II - Deadline passed

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2014, 10:29 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Apparently the Rangers get a pick back if Callahan stays in Tampa, what round isn't known.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Fortyfives

I just don't understand trading Saad. 50-60 point player at 21 and he doesn't even play much on the top lines. Personally I think he will be better than Kesler in the not too distant future the only negative being he doesn't play center!

Old
03-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The Rangers got a top ten winger for a good second line winger they couldn't sign and two picks. Love this for the Rangers.
This isn't a trade that puts them over the top, and they sacrificed a 2015 1st. That's pretty terrible, DHF. It's hard to complain about getting MSL if you root for the Rags, but you are thinking of the short-term with that deal. The Rangers are a playoff team put not a Cup contender. This doesn't solidify them in any way. They didn't solidify themselves at the expense of a very good pick.

Old
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Apparently the Rangers get a pick back if Callahan stays in Tampa, what round isn't known.
He won't. I think they stated it's a rental. Who wants Callahan for the money he wants, anyway? The Leafs?

Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyfives View Post
I just don't understand trading Saad. 50-60 point player at 21 and he doesn't even play much on the top lines. Personally I think he will be better than Kesler in the not too distant future the only negative being he doesn't play center!
Me either. That is utter silliness to consider trading Saad.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I didn't even think to check. I figured all of us would be smart and look at our Twitter feeds to make sure the account was legit.

Damnit. Might still be the one-for-one deal Renaud Lavoie was reporting.
I'd love to take credit for catching it, but I wouldn't have noticed if George Malik hadn't pointed it out first.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:33 AM
monochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyfives View Post
There's about a 99% chance you're right about that. I really only thought about it just because that's definitely a guy they would ask for, not because it a great move because it isn't.

Old
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Cally will be testing the market and leaving Tampa Bay.

Old
BobbyJet
Casual fan - Free Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I still feel this Rundblad move could be a sign that Bowman and co are really looking at making a move for Kesler. If it costs and Oduya or Leddy in a package deal to get Kesler then Rundblad is a logical choice to jump in right away and help.

Bowman doesn't make moves like that (trading away a high pick) for nothing...I think he is possibly looking at making a splash as long as he can send enough salary the other way. Maybe Leddy/Oduya - Bickell -prospect (McNeill/Morin) for Kesler??
It's totally out of Stan's comfort zone, but I can see that that certainly is how it looks.

Old
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I'd love to take credit for catching it, but I wouldn't have noticed if George Malik hadn't pointed it out first.
I just feel good I didn't post it!

Old
03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
TK
Global Moderator

TSN confirmed the deal though, and Bob MacKenzie is in the same room with them. I'm sure he would have been like, "Uh, guys..."

Old
03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
@ChrisBottaNHL: The Montreal Canadiens might be in on Thomas Vanek. #told

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/st...48058995511296

Old
03-05-2014, 10:35 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Quote:
This isn't a trade that puts them over the top, and they sacrificed a 2015 1st. That's pretty terrible, DHF. It's hard to complain about getting MSL if you root for the Rags, but you are thinking of the short-term with that deal. The Rangers are a playoff team put not a Cup contender. This doesn't solidify them in any way. They didn't solidify themselves at the expense of a very good pick.
If St. Louis was a rental I'd share that sentiment. As is, the Rangers are a much better team this year and next year. A pick around the 20ish spot is well worth that upgrade.

Old
Cullksinikers

This board will implode if we essentially move Shaw, Leddy, a bigger prospect, and picks for Malholtra, Rundblad, and Kesler.

Good thing Kesler isn't moving.

Old
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
It's totally out of Stan's comfort zone, but I can see that that certainly is how it looks.
Yeah, if we were talking about a GM that loves those kinds of domino trades, it'd be a solid theory.

But I just don't see it coming from Stan.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
If St. Louis was a rental I'd share that sentiment. As is, the Rangers are a much better team this year and next year. A pick around the 20ish spot is well worth that upgrade.
It's not worth the upgrade if you don't get the hardware to go with it. If they could make additional moves, now we're talking.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:36 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
He won't. I think they stated it's a rental. Who wants Callahan for the money he wants, anyway? The Leafs?
Don't think he does, just reporting what's being reported for those who aren't in front of a tv.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:37 AM
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Don't think he does, just reporting what's being reported for those who aren't in front of a tv.
I get that. I was just replying.

Old
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
I think the trade is solid for both teams. And saying that MSL isn't going to help put the Rangers over is a bit odd imo. STL is a stud, a cry-baby, but a stud none the less. That offense just got as massive of a boost as you could want.

the picks are tough but the 2015 pick could be a later pick, and though the 2015 draft is looking huge, it will likely not be a top 15 where you want to be drafting.

the Rangers gave up a lot to get a stud right now, we will see who these picks turn out to be over the next few years but right now the Rangers have the buzz going on and they are looking to compete right now which they just did.

Old
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

If the Rangers make the conference finals this year, this years second turns into a first. If the Bolts keep Callahan, the Rags get Tampa's second.

Old
Cullksinikers

Quote:
More details: the 2nd-rounder in 2014 to Tampa becomes a 1st if NYR gets to conf final; if Callahan re-signs in TB (con'td)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
then NYR get TB 2nd in 2015 and TB gets Rangers 7th in 2015
This deal is putrid for the Rangers if they get close to the SCF and swing and miss.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:40 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
If the Rangers make the conference finals this year, this years second turns into a first. If the Bolts keep Callahan, the Rags get Tampa's second.
Considering his asking price, I don't see the a Bolts trying to retain him. Every Tampa Bay fan's going to spend the next year praying that the Rangers absolutely bottom out next year.

2010 - 2013 - 2015 Chicago Blackhawks | 2016 Chicago Cubs - EAMUS CATULI! AC0000000
Old
03-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Sevanston

The more I think about MSL as a Blueshirt, the more I like this trade for them.

Tampa seems like they'd rather take the picks and run. Callahan will likely be hitting the UFA market this summer.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:42 AM
monochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Yeah, if we were talking about a GM that loves those kinds of domino trades, it'd be a solid theory.

But I just don't see it coming from Stan.
I agree. The only thing left in him now could be a Manny Malhotra type move. Otherwise he has to be done just with prior history taken into account

Old
03-05-2014, 10:43 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
This deal is putrid for the Rangers if they get close to the SCF and swing and miss.
I am sorry I am just not seeing what you are seeing.

And this is from someone who loves picks/prospects more then most.

The Rangers made a huge move, and yes it will cost them down the line, but **** tomorrow when you want to win now. Who knows where the Rangers will be picking in 2 years and how the draft will pan out, Sather made a move for right now and next year. I really have no issues with it at all. Especially if he gets to keep his 1st this year which only helps and if Cally resigns in Tampa (I know doubtful) but ya never know.

Putrid is way too harsh for this move when you just landed one of the most dynamic wingers in the game for a few picks and a guy like Callahan who thinks he is a 30 goal scorer with his demands.

Closed Thread