HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - LA

Old
03-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchMan View Post
Considering the Bruins need for more top-four defensive talent (not less) and their abundance of capable top-six-calibre forwards.... this is pretty much a non-starter from Boston's perspective.

Couple that with Hamilton's (very, very) impressive development this season into a fringe top-pairing blueliner at age 20.... I really don't think Chiarelli considers the OP's offer for very long.

That's not to say Toffoli isn't a very intriguing young talent with nice upside, but in my opinion the value isn't there and it really doesn't come close to meeting Boston's needs. For the Bruins to consider moving Hamilton, it would take a better veteran defenseman coming back (read: definitively top-pairing) or such lopsided value as to send the B's GM skipping gleefully to fax the deal to the league head office.

First two paragraphs summed it up perfectly. I don't even think you're a Bruins fan so bravo, well done.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Dangler87

Chara is racking up points, but man does he look exhausted out there. Probably a combination of the Olympics and playing a little extra since Seidenberg is out. Hamilton has looked like our best dman for a little over a month now (most likely due to Chara playing exhausted).

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton still makes mistakes out there, but give it 2 years and he'll already be Boston's #1 dman. Hell, he's playing top pairing minutes with Chara already. And he's ONLY 20. Can't even buy a drink legally.

Dangler87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 10:21 PM
AOSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Fair response by Bruin fans to OP.

Defense >>>>>>>>>> Winger
This trade would never work out because from what I heard Bruins need Defense & L.A. needs Scoring?

AOSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:17 AM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

The value is not even close. Hamilton is worth quite a bit more, he is as close to untouchable as you can get (and I hate that word). Boston needs him to replace Chara in a few years. Good try, though. With that being said... Boston fans, please tell me what he is worth? Obviously he won't be traded, but I was very interested with him pre-draft and would like to know how he has progressed. Only watched 2 Bruins games this year and would like to be filled in!