HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Sens @ Oilers

Old
03-05-2014, 12:23 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
later
Thanks bruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Has Ryan really earned his ice time recently? Everyone calls for accountability but I think they're caught up in past performance. Ryan hasn't done much of note lately. It doesn't bother me so much that he's not getting time...it bothers me more that we have paid a premium for a guy that has completely disappeared.
Agreed.

Today was first time I seen him actually try hard in the 3rd back on Turris' line since quite some time.

However, rumor is he was nursing an injury which makes sense but you can never know.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:24 AM
L'Aveuglette
Destroyer of Heads

Quote:
in MacLean's interview, the difference tonight was that we didn't score enough goals.

So offense was the problem this game according to him.
He seems so relaxed too. The guy just doesn't get mad, even when he should. I hate coach's who scream and yell all the time but come on Mac, we're on the verge of seeing our playoff hopes evaporate and you're not worried? Please.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:24 AM
DrEasy
Out rumptackling

Spezza's been great lately. I never believed in psychobabble and leadership talk, and once again I think we can simply chalk up his early slump to injury. If he can play like this the rest of the season we might still have a chance, but some of the dead weight needs to go first.

Poor Karlsson. On that end-to-end rush you could see he decided "F this, I'm going alone" from the start. How many times does he make great plays and his team mates screw up? When he's on the ice with puck possession everybody else should just play pick and let him rush end-to-end like in football.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:25 AM
HSF

agreed...clearly his back is okay and that early groin issue seemed to have cause more problems

he has been great since he sat out those couple of games. Best forward on this team

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:59 AM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Condra should never be featured in the top 6 again. He tries too hard to be a skilled player when he is and well that's just not him.

Way too fancy tonight. Believe the Eberle goal was a direct result of trying to be too cute in the offensive zone. Wiercioich is terrible for it, the Turris line gets themselves into trouble at times too.

The Smith line was very good and the same people constantly had them no matter there performance.

Spezza and Karlsson were fantastic.

Didn't like the Hendricks hit one bit.

Thought Ottawa was the better team tonight but scrivens was the difference.

A Edmonton sports radio host thinks we are on par with the Oilers.

Oh and stop being so fickle.

Last edited by MrCraigAnderson: 03-05-2014 at 01:07 AM.
MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:04 AM
agent2421

Spezza was great today. I've been very hard on him this season but have to give him kudos, past few game he's been much better.

Maclean on the other hand is a bumbling idiot. Trade away this buffoon. How does giving Ryan limited minutes, 3rd line to start off with, and then not putting him in key situations, make him want to stay on this team? Maclean has made terrible decisions all year long. I'm ready to fire him and I was a huge supporter of his, but all his decisions have been downright bad this year.

agent2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

Spezza has been fine since early January and wont be traded.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Novak Djokovic
#12 and counting...

Came home from the game about an hour or so ago.

My thoughts:
- First period was decent. Spezza played well.
- Second period was a disaster.
- Third period was okay. Nice play Karlsson but a weak goal by Scrivens. I was like 10 feet away from the Oilers net, so I got to see it up close.
- Selfish penalty by Gryba even though it should have been boarding, IMO.

P.S. Lots of Sens fans in the building. I was a little surprised by that.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:08 AM
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!

You know it's really quite funny, I was over on the Wings board and even though Zetterberg is out for the season, Datsyuk has been banged up and in and out of the lineup, Franzen has missed significant time, Howard has been average all season and their D is lousy....despite all that they are still a positive bunch and have the attitude that their team is going to find a way into the playoffs.

Yes, maybe that has to do with the fact that they've made it 22 straight years or maybe it is because they have Mike Babcock as a coach and he can maximize what he has....but god damn I wish we would be half as positive as they are.

Had the Sens had a major injury or many injuries to key players like last season or like the Wings now, I could understand the doom and gloom, but come on guys!! We're healthy *knock on wood* Spezza is playing the best hockey of his season right now, Karlsson continues to dominate, Andy gets better as the games get more important and Ryan is due to break out soon. Can we just TRY to still have some hope and support our boys?

When you really think about things and put it into perspective, the Sens are still very much kicking around in the race even if a lot of you think they don't deserve to be.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:17 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

What if Spezza was playing to be showcased?

Everything is happening. JK.

Old
03-05-2014, 06:35 AM
SixthSens
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Someone do me a favour please.

Please.

Can you make a .gif of the Karlsson dangle on hall and then his step over on the next guy. Disgusting play.
That was filthy.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Slow Hands
The feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
You know it's really quite funny, I was over on the Wings board and even though Zetterberg is out for the season, Datsyuk has been banged up and in and out of the lineup, Franzen has missed significant time, Howard has been average all season and their D is lousy....despite all that they are still a positive bunch and have the attitude that their team is going to find a way into the playoffs.

Yes, maybe that has to do with the fact that they've made it 22 straight years or maybe it is because they have Mike Babcock as a coach and he can maximize what he has....but god damn I wish we would be half as positive as they are.

Had the Sens had a major injury or many injuries to key players like last season or like the Wings now, I could understand the doom and gloom, but come on guys!! We're healthy *knock on wood* Spezza is playing the best hockey of his season right now, Karlsson continues to dominate, Andy gets better as the games get more important and Ryan is due to break out soon. Can we just TRY to still have some hope and support our boys?

When you really think about things and put it into perspective, the Sens are still very much kicking around in the race even if a lot of you think they don't deserve to be.
The part about our health and everything is good and all but it ignores that we're just straight up running out of games for the team to get into the playoffs. Be easier to be positive if they weren't in this hole for a myriad of reasons, most of which can be distilled down to shooting themselves in the foot.

Slow Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:30 AM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

Ek and Spezza with nice moves

Last edited by HavlatMach9: 03-05-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added Spezza's
HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:35 AM
John Holmes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post

I suppose winning the Cup 4 times in the past 15 ish years will do that to a fanbase.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:40 AM
BankStreetParade

Anyone have a gif of that Spezza dangle?

BankStreetParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:42 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
Anyone have a gif of that Spezza dangle?
I really wish he would have scored so that move got noticed. That, like the EK dangle, was absolutely filthy.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:08 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Ek and Spezza with nice moves

Beautiful. Thanks a lot, man!

Old
03-05-2014, 10:10 AM
BankStreetParade

That Spezza dangle at that speed is ridiculous. If he would have scored it would have for sure been a top 10 goal this year.

BankStreetParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
blahblah3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
That Spezza dangle at that speed is ridiculous. If he would have scored it would have for sure been a top 10 goal this year.
He is lucky he didn't get plastered all over the ice.

blahblah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:43 AM
VortexDr

Lose to the worst team in the league....

Good game sens....

VortexDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Xspyrit

Missed another good opportunity to gain ground, making the way into the playoffs much harder now. I have been saying it all season, Sens will have to battle all season with a bunch of teams forone of the few places left. I'm not very optimistic that they will make it, but you never know. They'll need another 5-6 wins streak

They got so close to win that game yesterday, so many pucks almost getting in, so yes they miss a bit of luck but too many times I feel they are not opportunistic enough, they always create so many scoring chances but they rarely convert on enough of them. If you want to be an offensive team (and that's fine because it's a lot more interesting to watch), you gotta convert more and score 3-4 goals more regularly.

Quote:
in MacLean's interview, the difference tonight was that we didn't score enough goals.

So offense was the problem this game according to him.
hmmm I guess this board can put me in the "MacLean dumb" category because without watching (and reading) anything else than the game, that's exactly what I thought. This team is not built to win 1-0 or 2-1. They have to score 3 goals or more to win.

They created a lot of offense, but a combination of good goaltending by Scrivens, posts, puck rolling twice behind the line, players falling all around the net (helped by some kind by Oilers) when they had golden opportunities and missed shots from in-close... got the best of them

Last edited by Xspyrit: 03-05-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post
He is lucky he didn't get plastered all over the ice.
Hey bitterman your lemons are ready for pick up.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote