HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

MSL traded to NYR for Ryan Callahan, 1st (2015) and 2nd (2014) round pick

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Glide5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
St Louis with no points tonight, but not even that, he was horrible on the ice. Flyers scored a goal, and he did not cover his man.
That sounds like something Louis would do here, but he would always get a pass since he was Louis.

Guessing he isn't getting the pass on the Rangers board, eh?

Old
03-27-2014, 01:53 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
St Louis with no points tonight, but not even that, he was horrible on the ice. Flyers scored a goal, and he did not cover his man.
still has the flu thing recovering from. I watched the game didnt expect much from him surprised suited up honestly.

Old
03-27-2014, 04:51 AM
GulfCoastBolt
TBSA bred

Send a message via AIM to GulfCoastBolt Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastBolt Send a message via Skype™ to GulfCoastBolt
St Louis: 3 points in 12 games (.25 PPG)
Callahan: 6 points in 10 games (.60 PPG)

Old
03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastBolt View Post
Callahan: 6 points in 10 games (.60 PPG)
Update!

Callahan: 8 points in 11 games (.73 PPG)

Old
03-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Is this a dream? Are we sure we're not giving up the picks since we got the player who isn't invisible on the ice?

03-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Werewolf

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400485333

Box Score from yesterday's Rangers v Flyers game. Only player to have a negative +/- in the Rangers lineup was St. Louis on a 3 to 1 Rangers win and had 0 points - eat $ h ! t marty!

Old
03-27-2014, 10:39 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400485333

Box Score from yesterday's Rangers v Flyers game. Only player to have a negative +/- in the Rangers lineup was St. Louis on a 3 to 1 Rangers win and had 0 points - eat $ h ! t marty!
Seems like that's exactly what he's doing.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:47 PM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Seems like that's exactly what he's doing.
Meh, he might be fine with it since the Rangers are winning. If the Rangers fell out of a playoff spot then it would be an interesting story. Rangers can still get knocked out, but it is very unlikely now, would have to go on a total meltdown in their last 8 games.

Old
03-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Yeah guys, I found a receipt so I'm gonna go ahead and return St. Louis to you guys...I expect Callahan and the picks back.

Old
03-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Update!

Callahan: 8 points in 11 games (.73 PPG)
Why are you happy about this?

Old
03-28-2014, 12:30 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Yeah guys, I found a receipt so I'm gonna go ahead and return St. Louis to you guys...I expect Callahan and the picks back.
So sorry, the 2 week return window has already passed. Also, no givesies backsies.

Old
03-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Kramerica Industries

The Rangers are 8-3-1 since the trade so it isn't exactly as if they've fallen off a cliff since they shipped their captain out of town.

Old
03-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
The Rangers are 8-3-1 since the trade so it isn't exactly as if they've fallen off a cliff since they shipped their captain out of town.
True. I mean if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but St. Louis looks pretty bad out there. He seems like a shell of his former self. He's now playing like his size. It's really sad to see. I mean I'm sure he'll turn it around and he'll probably have a great Rangers career (if not this year, then next year), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

Oh well, if we can go to the Stanley Cup with or without MSL's help, all is forgiven with Sather. Haha

Old
03-28-2014, 06:54 AM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Quote:
Why are you happy about this?
Because for every successful game Cally has it throws it back in the bitter Rangers faces who said Cally is not worth it, and should of been thrown overboard.

Old
03-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Werewolf

Quote:
You should have read the small print ... all sales are final and the product is sold "as is". Sorry you cant have him back nor the picks - but on your way out you can stop by the small table on the side and pickup a Lightning jersey, its on us.

I swear other GMs are going to stop dealing with Yzerman since he makes them look SO BAD. I really didnt appreciate Callahan enough as a player when he was with NY ... the guy has been amazing. Ya'll should have paid the man and I hope we pay him this summer - exactly what TBL organization needs.

Old
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Because for every successful game Cally has it throws it back in the bitter Rangers faces who said Cally is not worth it, and should of been thrown overboard.
Ummmm. He's not worth it. Callahan wanted 7/7.

And what will that that accomplish? Seems like you're rooting for Callahan over the Rangers

Old
03-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:

And what will that that accomplish? Seems like you're rooting for Callahan over the Rangers
If you wanna be a Bolts fan, you got to get with their friends.

Old
03-28-2014, 01:20 PM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Quote:

Do me a favor, can you keep the "he's not worth it" comments in the Rangers forum. I'm tired of Ranger fans like you being so bitter towards a player who has worked so hard for a team over the years, wants to get his payday like everyone else, which he agreed to on the money but then was thrown overboard over a NTC.

I'm rooting for Callahan, yes, and the Tampa fans have been awesome chatting with, I'm hoping he re-signs with Tampa, have a seasonal home just south of Tampa so will plan to go to games. I'm pissed at what the Rangers did to my favorite player, and I'm willing to jump ship because of it.

Right now I'm rooting for both teams.

Old
03-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
If you wanna be a Bolts fan, you got to get with their friends.
See what you did there

Old
03-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Do me a favor, can you keep the "he's not worth it" comments in the Rangers forum. I'm tired of Ranger fans like you being so bitter towards a player who has worked so hard for a team over the years, wants to get his payday like everyone else, which he agreed to on the money but then was thrown overboard over a NTC.

I'm rooting for Callahan, yes, and the Tampa fans have been awesome chatting with, I'm hoping he re-signs with Tampa, have a seasonal home just south of Tampa so will plan to go to games. I'm pissed at what the Rangers did to my favorite player, and I'm willing to jump ship because of it.

No offense, but that's absolutely pathetic. Callahan isn't Jesus, nor is he a top player in the NHL. Most Rangers fans love (or at least loved) Callahan, but it seems like you're in love with him. And yeah, I'm bitter. He forced Sather's hand into making a bad trade (I wish we took San Jose's proposal). Callahan is barely worth half of the money and terms he was asking. Furthermore, I'd rather trade two first rounders and then have an albatross of a contract like Callahan was asking on the payroll. His demands were so ridiculously absurd and what was more absurd was that Sather was willing to meet them. But again, I expect that out of Sather. The whole leagues does.

And as for jumping ship, go for it. If you're willing to jump ship over a player being traded, then you were never a fan of that team. It's ok to root for Callahan on his new team, but to root AGAINST the Rangers doing well? Yeah, that's not gonna cut it and the fan base will survive without fans who change colors so easily.

And I hope Callahan re-signs with Tampa too. That way we get a second rounder

Old
03-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Boltsfan9175

Quote:

Hope Callahan stays but he might leave. But you're welcome in open arms!

Old
03-28-2014, 03:30 PM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Quote:
No offense, but that's absolutely pathetic. Callahan isn't Jesus, nor is he a top player in the NHL. Most Rangers fans love (or at least loved) Callahan, but it seems like you're in love with him. And yeah, I'm bitter. He forced Sather's hand into making a bad trade (I wish we took San Jose's proposal). Callahan is barely worth half of the money and terms he was asking. Furthermore, I'd rather trade two first rounders and then have an albatross of a contract like Callahan was asking on the payroll. His demands were so ridiculously absurd and what was more absurd was that Sather was willing to meet them. But again, I expect that out of Sather. The whole leagues does.

And as for jumping ship, go for it. If you're willing to jump ship over a player being traded, then you were never a fan of that team. It's ok to root for Callahan on his new team, but to root AGAINST the Rangers doing well? Yeah, that's not gonna cut it and the fan base will survive without fans who change colors so easily.

It's not just the Callahan thing, it's a lot of things that ticked me off with the Rangers, one of them being the fans.

Old
03-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:

Nope.

Old
03-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
It's not just the Callahan thing, it's a lot of things that ticked me off with the Rangers, one of them being the fans.
We all hate Sather, but it's about rising above everything and being loyal to your team...

Be true to your school, just like you would to your girl....I mean team

Old
03-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Obviously

So he's a 3 million dollar player?

Closed Thread