HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

MSL traded to NYR for Ryan Callahan, 1st (2015) and 2nd (2014) round pick

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2014, 11:43 PM
  #776
Glide5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
St Louis with no points tonight, but not even that, he was horrible on the ice. Flyers scored a goal, and he did not cover his man.
That sounds like something Louis would do here, but he would always get a pass since he was Louis.

Guessing he isn't getting the pass on the Rangers board, eh?

Glide5 is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 01:53 AM
  #777
robertguess2013
Registered User
 
robertguess2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
St Louis with no points tonight, but not even that, he was horrible on the ice. Flyers scored a goal, and he did not cover his man.
still has the flu thing recovering from. I watched the game didnt expect much from him surprised suited up honestly.

robertguess2013 is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 04:51 AM
  #778
GulfCoastBolt
TBSA bred
 
GulfCoastBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tallahassee/Tampa FL
Country: United States
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GulfCoastBolt Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastBolt Send a message via Skype™ to GulfCoastBolt
St Louis: 3 points in 12 games (.25 PPG)
Callahan: 6 points in 10 games (.60 PPG)

GulfCoastBolt is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
  #779
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!
 
TBLightning24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastBolt View Post
St Louis: 3 points in 12 games (.25 PPG)
Callahan: 6 points in 10 games (.60 PPG)
Update!

St Louis: 3 points in 12 games (.25 PPG)
Callahan: 8 points in 11 games (.73 PPG)

TBLightning24 is online now  
Old
03-27-2014, 09:49 PM
  #780
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,682
vCash: 286
Is this a dream? Are we sure we're not giving up the picks since we got the player who isn't invisible on the ice?

__________________
Error 503 Service Unavailable
Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 10:35 PM
  #781
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400485333

Box Score from yesterday's Rangers v Flyers game. Only player to have a negative +/- in the Rangers lineup was St. Louis on a 3 to 1 Rangers win and had 0 points - eat $ h ! t marty!

Werewolf is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 10:39 PM
  #782
DFC
Registered User
 
DFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400485333

Box Score from yesterday's Rangers v Flyers game. Only player to have a negative +/- in the Rangers lineup was St. Louis on a 3 to 1 Rangers win and had 0 points - eat $ h ! t marty!
Seems like that's exactly what he's doing.

DFC is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 10:47 PM
  #783
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!
 
TBLightning24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Seems like that's exactly what he's doing.
Meh, he might be fine with it since the Rangers are winning. If the Rangers fell out of a playoff spot then it would be an interesting story. Rangers can still get knocked out, but it is very unlikely now, would have to go on a total meltdown in their last 8 games.

TBLightning24 is online now  
Old
03-28-2014, 12:27 AM
  #784
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Yeah guys, I found a receipt so I'm gonna go ahead and return St. Louis to you guys...I expect Callahan and the picks back.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 12:27 AM
  #785
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Update!

St Louis: 3 points in 12 games (.25 PPG)
Callahan: 8 points in 11 games (.73 PPG)
Why are you happy about this?

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 12:30 AM
  #786
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Yeah guys, I found a receipt so I'm gonna go ahead and return St. Louis to you guys...I expect Callahan and the picks back.
So sorry, the 2 week return window has already passed. Also, no givesies backsies.

MattM92 is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 12:35 AM
  #787
Kramerica Industries
Registered User
 
Kramerica Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
The Rangers are 8-3-1 since the trade so it isn't exactly as if they've fallen off a cliff since they shipped their captain out of town.

Kramerica Industries is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 02:14 AM
  #788
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
The Rangers are 8-3-1 since the trade so it isn't exactly as if they've fallen off a cliff since they shipped their captain out of town.
True. I mean if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but St. Louis looks pretty bad out there. He seems like a shell of his former self. He's now playing like his size. It's really sad to see. I mean I'm sure he'll turn it around and he'll probably have a great Rangers career (if not this year, then next year), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.


Oh well, if we can go to the Stanley Cup with or without MSL's help, all is forgiven with Sather. Haha

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 06:54 AM
  #789
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!
 
TBLightning24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Why are you happy about this?
Because for every successful game Cally has it throws it back in the bitter Rangers faces who said Cally is not worth it, and should of been thrown overboard.

TBLightning24 is online now  
Old
03-28-2014, 09:09 AM
  #790
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Yeah guys, I found a receipt so I'm gonna go ahead and return St. Louis to you guys...I expect Callahan and the picks back.
You should have read the small print ... all sales are final and the product is sold "as is". Sorry you cant have him back nor the picks - but on your way out you can stop by the small table on the side and pickup a Lightning jersey, its on us.

I swear other GMs are going to stop dealing with Yzerman since he makes them look SO BAD. I really didnt appreciate Callahan enough as a player when he was with NY ... the guy has been amazing. Ya'll should have paid the man and I hope we pay him this summer - exactly what TBL organization needs.

Werewolf is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
  #791
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Because for every successful game Cally has it throws it back in the bitter Rangers faces who said Cally is not worth it, and should of been thrown overboard.
Ummmm. He's not worth it. Callahan wanted 7/7.

And what will that that accomplish? Seems like you're rooting for Callahan over the Rangers

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 12:52 PM
  #792
Crabby Williams
Registered User
 
Crabby Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Ummmm. He's not worth it. Callahan wanted 7/7.

And what will that that accomplish? Seems like you're rooting for Callahan over the Rangers
If you wanna be a Bolts fan, you got to get with their friends.

Crabby Williams is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 01:20 PM
  #793
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!
 
TBLightning24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Ummmm. He's not worth it. Callahan wanted 7/7.

And what will that that accomplish? Seems like you're rooting for Callahan over the Rangers
Do me a favor, can you keep the "he's not worth it" comments in the Rangers forum. I'm tired of Ranger fans like you being so bitter towards a player who has worked so hard for a team over the years, wants to get his payday like everyone else, which he agreed to on the money but then was thrown overboard over a NTC.

I'm rooting for Callahan, yes, and the Tampa fans have been awesome chatting with, I'm hoping he re-signs with Tampa, have a seasonal home just south of Tampa so will plan to go to games. I'm pissed at what the Rangers did to my favorite player, and I'm willing to jump ship because of it.

Right now I'm rooting for both teams.

TBLightning24 is online now  
Old
03-28-2014, 03:19 PM
  #794
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
If you wanna be a Bolts fan, you got to get with their friends.
See what you did there

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 03:25 PM
  #795
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Do me a favor, can you keep the "he's not worth it" comments in the Rangers forum. I'm tired of Ranger fans like you being so bitter towards a player who has worked so hard for a team over the years, wants to get his payday like everyone else, which he agreed to on the money but then was thrown overboard over a NTC.

I'm rooting for Callahan, yes, and the Tampa fans have been awesome chatting with, I'm hoping he re-signs with Tampa, have a seasonal home just south of Tampa so will plan to go to games. I'm pissed at what the Rangers did to my favorite player, and I'm willing to jump ship because of it.

Right now I'm rooting for both teams.
No offense, but that's absolutely pathetic. Callahan isn't Jesus, nor is he a top player in the NHL. Most Rangers fans love (or at least loved) Callahan, but it seems like you're in love with him. And yeah, I'm bitter. He forced Sather's hand into making a bad trade (I wish we took San Jose's proposal). Callahan is barely worth half of the money and terms he was asking. Furthermore, I'd rather trade two first rounders and then have an albatross of a contract like Callahan was asking on the payroll. His demands were so ridiculously absurd and what was more absurd was that Sather was willing to meet them. But again, I expect that out of Sather. The whole leagues does.

And as for jumping ship, go for it. If you're willing to jump ship over a player being traded, then you were never a fan of that team. It's ok to root for Callahan on his new team, but to root AGAINST the Rangers doing well? Yeah, that's not gonna cut it and the fan base will survive without fans who change colors so easily.

And I hope Callahan re-signs with Tampa too. That way we get a second rounder

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 03:27 PM
  #796
Boltsfan9175
Registered User
 
Boltsfan9175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Do me a favor, can you keep the "he's not worth it" comments in the Rangers forum. I'm tired of Ranger fans like you being so bitter towards a player who has worked so hard for a team over the years, wants to get his payday like everyone else, which he agreed to on the money but then was thrown overboard over a NTC.

I'm rooting for Callahan, yes, and the Tampa fans have been awesome chatting with, I'm hoping he re-signs with Tampa, have a seasonal home just south of Tampa so will plan to go to games. I'm pissed at what the Rangers did to my favorite player, and I'm willing to jump ship because of it.

Right now I'm rooting for both teams.
Hope Callahan stays but he might leave. But you're welcome in open arms!

Boltsfan9175 is online now  
Old
03-28-2014, 03:30 PM
  #797
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!
 
TBLightning24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
No offense, but that's absolutely pathetic. Callahan isn't Jesus, nor is he a top player in the NHL. Most Rangers fans love (or at least loved) Callahan, but it seems like you're in love with him. And yeah, I'm bitter. He forced Sather's hand into making a bad trade (I wish we took San Jose's proposal). Callahan is barely worth half of the money and terms he was asking. Furthermore, I'd rather trade two first rounders and then have an albatross of a contract like Callahan was asking on the payroll. His demands were so ridiculously absurd and what was more absurd was that Sather was willing to meet them. But again, I expect that out of Sather. The whole leagues does.

And as for jumping ship, go for it. If you're willing to jump ship over a player being traded, then you were never a fan of that team. It's ok to root for Callahan on his new team, but to root AGAINST the Rangers doing well? Yeah, that's not gonna cut it and the fan base will survive without fans who change colors so easily.

And I hope Callahan re-signs with Tampa too. That way we get a second rounder
It's not just the Callahan thing, it's a lot of things that ticked me off with the Rangers, one of them being the fans.

TBLightning24 is online now  
Old
03-28-2014, 06:14 PM
  #798
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,427
vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
No offense, but that's absolutely pathetic. Callahan isn't Jesus, nor is he a top player in the NHL. Most Rangers fans love (or at least loved) Callahan, but it seems like you're in love with him. And yeah, I'm bitter. He forced Sather's hand into making a bad trade (I wish we took San Jose's proposal). Callahan is barely worth half of the money and terms he was asking. Furthermore, I'd rather trade two first rounders and then have an albatross of a contract like Callahan was asking on the payroll. His demands were so ridiculously absurd and what was more absurd was that Sather was willing to meet them. But again, I expect that out of Sather. The whole leagues does.

And as for jumping ship, go for it. If you're willing to jump ship over a player being traded, then you were never a fan of that team. It's ok to root for Callahan on his new team, but to root AGAINST the Rangers doing well? Yeah, that's not gonna cut it and the fan base will survive without fans who change colors so easily.

And I hope Callahan re-signs with Tampa too. That way we get a second rounder
Nope.

Steve Yzerman is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 07:08 PM
  #799
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
It's not just the Callahan thing, it's a lot of things that ticked me off with the Rangers, one of them being the fans.
We all hate Sather, but it's about rising above everything and being loyal to your team...

Be true to your school, just like you would to your girl....I mean team

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-28-2014, 07:12 PM
  #800
Obviously
Registered User
 
Obviously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
So he's a 3 million dollar player?

Obviously is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.