HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[OTT/EDM] Ales Hemsky (50% Retained) for a 3rd and a 5th Round Pick

Old
03-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Tacos
Wheeeee

vCash: 50
The two teams I envisioned Hemsky playing well for outta nowhere was Ottawa and Carolina

Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:07 AM
tony d
Giant Doctor

vCash: 500
As a Senators fan I'm pretty glad to get Hemsky. Glad as well that the team didn't give up that much to get him.

03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Now we endure ad smugium
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Keep twisting the knife, thanks.
Imagine folks constantly, ceaselessly offering the same depth player over and over for Taylor Hall, uninterrupted, for two years, in threads here and on your team boards, and reacting with derisiveness, dismissal, smugness, and a general attitude of overprivileged arrogance any time you tried to explain to them that this approach is unacceptable, what Hall means to your team, why he's not for sale, et cetera.

Now imagine that depth player going for far, far less. Tell me you wouldn't feel some kind of relief, even if there were folks nominally associated with those louts who weren't jerks about it.

I apologize to Oil fans in general if I was being too nasty with that comment - I do not and will not target the Oilers fanbase in general, as they should not be held collectively responsible for the actions of a few twits claiming membership thereof, and I regret if I did so inadvertently; that was not my intention. But I don't apologize to the folks who put Jackets fans through that frustration and hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Don't lie... even your own signature line had "no you won't get Johansen for Eberle"
For the record, the actual quote was "The price for Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle."

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Proust

Was absolutely dominant in his first game, even with 50% of him retained by the Oilers.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Imagine folks constantly, ceaselessly offering the same depth player over and over for Taylor Hall, uninterrupted, for two years, in threads here and on your team boards, and reacting with derisiveness, dismissal, smugness, and a general attitude of overprivileged arrogance any time you tried to explain to them that this approach is unacceptable, what Hall means to your team, why he's not for sale, et cetera.

Now imagine that depth player going for far, far less. Tell me you wouldn't feel some kind of relief, even if there were folks nominally associated with those louts who weren't jerks about it.

I apologize to Oil fans in general if I was being too nasty with that comment - I do not and will not target the Oilers fanbase in general, as they should not be held collectively responsible for the actions of a few twits claiming membership thereof, and I regret if I did so inadvertently; that was not my intention. But I don't apologize to the folks who put Jackets fans through that frustration and hell.

For the record, the actual quote was "The price for Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle."
Hemsky is worth more than what the Oilers got for him. There are factors you are ignoring, the most obvious of which is that almost every trade this deadline had the buyers winning with ease. Hemsky would not get you Johansen or Jenner though, so I'm defending people who were saying he should.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:45 AM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Was absolutely dominant in his first game, even with 50% of him retained by the Oilers.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Hemsky is worth more than what the Oilers got for him. There are factors you are ignoring, the most obvious of which is that almost every trade this deadline had the buyers winning with ease. Hemsky would not get you Johansen or Jenner though, so I'm defending people who were saying he should.
Oh, definitely. We saw the return for Gaborik, after all. The market for forwards utterly sucked this year.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
McClelland

Good luck Hemmer, wished that you ended up with a contending team. 2 semi low picks for a couple of months rental is a bit much though. Has hemmer a good journey with the sens, he will have at least a couple offers for the sens to match.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Ret

Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 05:19 PM
crazyaces**

I'm surprised the Oilers couldn't get a first rounder for him, as most of their fans thought they would!?

crazyaces** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 05:24 PM
TransJenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaces View Post
I'm surprised the Oilers couldn't get a first rounder for him, as most of their fans thought they would!?
Fairly certain nobody expected a 1st....MAYBE a 2nd.

TransJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaces View Post
Considering Vanek and Gaborik didn't get a first either I'd say that the Oilers weren't that disappointed with the return based on the market.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 07:59 PM
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

I thought Hemsky had an outside shot at being the best forward available. statswise
pts...we shall see.

BoldMcNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Sedin
HFBoards Sponsor

This could potentially be a steal for Ottawa if Hemsky re-signs.

Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Rocket of Russia
Needs more Tang

3 assists?

Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
BrimStone64