HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[BUF/LAK]Brayden McNabb + 2 2nd's + Parker for Hudson Fasching + Nicolas Deslauriers

Old
03-05-2014, 01:19 PM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
This is the deal where you trust your GM and his evaluation of talent or you don't. Time will be the judge.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Buffalo Warlord

I was hoping we could pry Tyler Toffoli away from the Kings lol

Buffalo Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:20 PM
bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe View Post
you make rebuilding sound like every pick needs to be collage kid prospects that we won't see for another 3 years. How about getting assets that help us NOW to begin the rebuild process faster.

Sometimes I think you guys want the long agonizing 100+ draft picks and unproven talent rather than some PROVEN talent.
what in the hell are you going to do with Ales Hemsky for the next month?

bluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Warlord View Post
I was hoping we could pry Tyler Toffoli away from the Kings lol
Good luck with that Toff is a stud and I believe the best sniper on the team aside from Carter.

You guys did well getting Fasching. Really sad to see him go. Deslauriers is a bit more of a wildcard, but he looks promising on LW. Big dude.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

30 games in college are all that separate this trade from being just brutal abuse.

GMTM gets on "F" on this today. He can redeem himself if Fasching turns out to be anything, but I'm not counting on it.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Buffalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSquad View Post
Sabres are rebuilding lmfao
They still need a vetran presence and im not saying they shoulda gotten Hemsky just an example of a picks worth. The package sent to LA coulda been nearly enough for Callahan or if edmonton still wants a 2-3 this year why not try for one of their front young guys, they desperately need defence and Sabres got it.

Buffalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Glad we turned McNabb into a player Murray clearly desires. Very good prospect having a breakout freshman season with a quality NCAA program. Sound familiar (Compher, McCabe).

We gave up strong value with the two 2nd's on top of McNabb but that's what you can do when you have a stockpile of 2nd's, just like I say I hope we use 2nd's to move up to get guys we target in the draft. This is no different. We can only have so many prospects.

I love the move. Fasching is gonna shoot up our rankings.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Quote:
you make rebuilding sound like every pick needs to be collage kid prospects that we won't see for another 3 years. How about getting assets that help us NOW to begin the rebuild process faster.

Sometimes I think you guys want the long agonizing 100+ draft picks and unproven talent rather than some PROVEN talent.
He was responding to someone asking for a player like Hemsky. Hemsky or anyone like him is NOT AT ALL what Buffalo should be after, re-build or not.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:25 PM
sabresfan129103

Hudson Fasching ‏@Hfasching22 5m

Excited to officially be a part of the @BuffaloSabres organization! #tradedeadline

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Fasching was the Kings version of Baptiste.
Sounds like Fasching is more power forward, while Baptiste is more of a speed winger with decent size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
30 games in college are all that separate this trade from being just brutal abuse.

GMTM gets on "F" on this today. He can redeem himself if Fasching turns out to be anything, but I'm not counting on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Yeah, we all considered him untouchable. Plus Vanek is a rental. Guess that's why we're on the internet and not running the Kings though

You know it must be fair.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sabre the Win
McDavid or Eichel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
what in the hell are you going to do with Ales Hemsky for the next month?
Who said anything about Hemsky? How about some NHL Ready Prospects that aren't 3 years out from competing.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalow View Post
They still need a vetran presence and im not saying they shoulda gotten Hemsky just an example of a picks worth. The package sent to LA coulda been nearly enough for Callahan or if edmonton still wants a 2-3 this year why not try for one of their front young guys, they desperately need defence and Sabres got it.
C'mon... you use assets to acquire guys that fit what you're building towards. Free agency is for adding veterans. This team is in no position to be trading for veterans.

Old
03-05-2014, 01:27 PM
BananaSquad

Quote:

Negative negative negative... Go join ure buddies on twitter.

BananaSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:

The strength on Murray is knowing players particularly in the A, college and juniors. Only time will tell, but you can't just sit with draft picks. You turn them into assets. That was done today.

Murray clearly has a vision of being bigger.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sabre the Win
McDavid or Eichel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
He was responding to someone asking for a player like Hemsky. Hemsky or anyone like him is NOT AT ALL what Buffalo should be after, re-build or not.
My bad I read it as in the return we just got.

Old
03-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Zip15

Again, TIM MURRAY HATES THE 2014 DRAFT BEYOND THE 1ST ROUND. He does not value 2nd round picks in this draft. He's tied up the MIN 2nd and BUF 3rd (practically a 2nd) in the Miller/Ott deal contingencies. He probably just traded the LAK 2014 2nd.

I trust Murray. He wants actual bodies than what he perceives as dog poop beyond the 1st round this season.

(Someone should do a .gif of the Mike Myers/Kanye West incident with "Tim Murray hates the 2014 draft.")

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sounds like Fasching is more power forward, while Baptiste is more of a speed winger with decent size.
I didn't mean style wise. I mean both guys are two of the biggest risers from last draft.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ethan Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
We gave up strong value with the two 2nd's on top of McNabb but that's what you can do when you have a stockpile of 2nd's, just like I say I hope we use 2nd's to move up to get guys we target in the draft. This is no different. We can only have so many prospects.

I love the move. Fasching is gonna shoot up our rankings.
Exactly. Whether he continues to develop, we'll see, but Murray clearly targeted him because of what he's done this year. Yes, in 30 games. I don't get that perspective, considering what goes into those 30 games. The kid went from a 4th round selection (I'll assume a legit one) to an arguable 1st round talent solely based on that 30-game development, which was huge. It'll need to continue, but right now you pay that price based on what he brings.

Ethan Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:30 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

If Tim Murray is such a stellar scout, how does he not turn a pair of seconds (one of which HAS to be a 2015, unless we're giving away #30 overall this year, too) into something like Hudson Fasching? The kid was a fourth rounder just 30 games ago. Is he that ****ing ****** at drafting, that he'd rather have another team's fourth rounder than a pair of seconds to utilize himself? It's a joke any way you look at it.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:31 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Deslaurier has put his points up at forward.

There are no confirmations that the seconds are this year.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
26CornerBlitz

‏@SabresProspects

Catching up more on Deslauriers. Base as a d-man, but had a forward background before QMJHL. Playing some LW this year with Manchester

26CornerBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sabre the Win
McDavid or Eichel?

I just want to state in no way am I upset McNabb is gone or our 2 2nd's especially if they are in 2014. McNabb got leap frogged and I wasn't all the high on him making the roster in the first place but I want to see some NHL Ready prospects. Not prospects 3 to 4 years of development still.

Old
03-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:

The **** proven talent do you think McNabb is going to get? None that is worthwhile. We turned a borderliner who was about to lose his AHL waiver exemption next year (I think) into a guy who, if he hits, will be a difference maker. If he doesn't hit, so be it. We have other guys with a similar dynamic. The odds are being stacked in our favor. Fasching is a very promising prospect. People who watch NCAA hockey will tell you.

How about giving Murray the rest of the deadline and maybe -- just maybe -- the offseason before bemoaning that he's not bringing in any young NHL-ready talent.

Old
03-05-2014, 01:32 PM
ceky

one of the few trades where i change my innitial reaction ("uuuh.... 2 2nd for ?").

foligno-girgensons-fasching could be dirty in 4-5 years.....

ceky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

So it's probably Robyn Regher and Brayden McNabb for These two kids. Sounds good.

McNabb had zero future here.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote